Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, guys. New to the forums, and I found this place through pure random luck. I've kinda been putting off posting anything. I have a plan, but I have problems with motivation.

I'm 27 right now, have a 42 waist and weigh somewhere around 247 but I remember fondly the days gone by when I weighed 180 lbs and had a 32 waist. Those days won't come back, it's a fact that my body has physically grown since then (I'm taller and my shoulders have broadened significantly. Part of growing up.) That said, I can still stand to get in better shape than I am right now. I just want to look in the mirror and see someone who resembles what I feel like I should look like.

I planned to start with the Beginner Body Weight workout and then move to the Star Wars workout. It's just a matter of stopping myself from sitting down all the time while I'm home and actually doing something. (Playstation and TV, my two biggest weaknesses.)

my two biggest weeknesses are TV, my rss feed and websites where young ladies seem to spill things on their shirts and have to take them off (three things). But I'm going on a low info diet, and check out stickK.com if your having motivation problems. There you put your money where your butt is. Good Luck! We can do this man!

GOLEM ASSASSIN

Level None
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fears path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."

Welcome to the rebellion! I do wish at times I was as "fat" now as I thought I was back then...but we learn to work with what we have! ;)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Good luck with the Beginner Body Weight program.  I have enjoyed using several of the NF workouts.  Check out the 6 week challenges, the next one should start on Feb 24th.  Would love to read more about your plan and your progress.

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Okay, so here's a quick update. I haven't started yet, been busy dealing with life. Struggling with bills and legal matters. Back in June 2013, I was assaulted while doing my job delivering newspapers. I've been dealing with the fall out of that ever since, and it looks like there's still more paper work ahead of me.

Any suggestions on how to find some time in this chaos to kick off my work out would be appreciated.