Forums are back in action! ×

Hey Everyone! New to Rebellion!

HELLO!

My name is Mars and I'm 27 years old. I am here just like the rest of you looking to be healthier and lose some weight with some moral support.

When I was in my earlier 20s, I felt healthy and fit. When people saw pics of me from my earlier 20s, they keep saying how skinny and fit I used to be. I gained around 15-20 pounds over the years. It seems like every year I add on a few more pounds. I'll start dieting and exercising and lose 5 pounds, but then I'll gain it back again and then some! I refuse to believe that was the peak of my fitness and I want it back.

Lately I've been curbing my sweet tooth by saying no to people at work shoving cookies and donuts in my face. I've reduce A LOT of fast food and haven been preparing a lot of my own meals with complex carbs & veggies. I've also cut out sugary drinks. I was a sucker for those "lightly sweetened" drinks. Although not as bad as soda, I realized it was adding up quite a bit. As for exercise, I've been slowly increasing my workouts and trying to not be inactive for too long. I will sometimes randomly do squats and jumping jacks at home or at work.

I noticed I lost a few pounds, but then again the scale changes so much, that I'm not sure if I can really believe it. I'm ready to make more changes and really burn more calories through exercise. I also feel like I need some more accountability in my life when it comes to changing my diet & exercise ! HELP ME !

• Like 1

It looks like you are making all the right starting points.  Clean up diet, dump the soda.

The scale is a liar.  It doesn't account for fat loss/muscle gain/water retention - just a raw measurement of weight.  The tape measure or calipers are a much better tool!

Have you decided on an end goal?

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Do you have any concrete goals you're working toward?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Hi Mmars, I feel the same as you.....loose weight, gain weight! This time around I have done some serious reading on paleo and plan to stick to its using the daily battle log and not cheat myself by not accounting for the bad foods....all will be logged to see how I can better myself for the next day. Have you also thought of taking a pic of yourself in the mirror? You can do it weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc? This way you can really see the changes and not rely on the scales. I have decided not to look at scales at all this time cause yes they tend to disappoint and then you end up eating something bad! Anyway, hope some or all of this helps you in some way. Good luck on your journey

Welcome to the rebellion! 

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda