Forums are back in action! ×

another new one

hi people

I'm new here, because I basically need some support and occasional scolding when I break all the rules. My aim is to lose the excess fat pads on hips and thighs. I didn't have any scientific fat % measurement done. A few years ago I had this measurement done which uses electrical current, and the estimate was 24 %. The Navy calculator on this web page tells me I'm 28. An estimate from the image examples on this site tells me I'm somewhere under 25 %. I'd like to be somewhere around 20 %. I’m tall, 180,5 cm.

I hate gyms, or better said, I hate people attending the gyms. I've done it recently but quit because some people were 'owning' the equipment, giving me hostile stares if I only dared to look at the weights and the rest were parading around showing their muscles. I like Cross Fit type of exercise. It makes most sense to me and I already do it lightly but I'm not persistent in doing it. I can see myself doing cross fit regularly because I like the short duration of the workouts and the effects it produces. I also like to walk but I'm not keen on running.

I am eating mainly paleo. When I visit my parents I sometimes add a potato to my meals because I simply don't have the will to fight with them. After 3 years of living on paleo diet they are still convinced its killing me, despite that it solved all my medical issues. And I occasionally eat chocolate, again, only when I'm at home.

I've read the basic workout instructions on this web page. i have already started doing it 3 days ago and I exchange the strength workout with interval workout. I already eat paleo, so this is covered. What I am here for and why I’m outing myself is because:

1. i don't know what my realistic goals are. I don't care about losing weight, I want to lose fat. How fast can I shed those   5 % of my body fat and what should be mine intermediate goals?

2. I need some tough love and support. To everyone around me I seem 'just fine'. I know I am just fine but this is not what I am looking for. I want to be fit, being able to do some more strenuous exercise (which I can't now) like taking weekend bicycle trips and not die while doing it.

Thanks,

alzea

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion! I know it seems like most of us are here for weight loss (like me) but building endurance is a good, attainable, and worthy goal as well! You're definitely in the right spot to get some 'tough love' and all the support you can stand!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Thanks for your nice welcome, to both of you. Nay, don't worry SilverRapier. My parents are just old fashioned, they love me and they are worried  because they wish me well in a way they see it right. They do a good job but you can't always agree with them on everything, right? :)