Forums are back in action! ×

New to the Rebellion!

Hi everybody! I've been poking around on Nerd Fitness recently and I really like what I have been reading, so I decided to join the Rebellion!

A little background on me, I am an 18 year old male who is 5 foot 9 and weighs 197 pounds. I am built like a Hill Dwarf I would say. I was training to be a Warrior all throughout high school, and I was pretty good at it (I was a football lineman and track shotputter). The one thing I could never do, however, was be conditioned. I HATED running and everything to do with it. Fast forward to my first semester of college. I pretty much stopped any kind of working out and "let myself go" to put it politely. In high school, I was 207 pounds of a good amount of muscle, now I was just 207 pounds of fat. That winter break I decided to make a change and start working out again, only this time I would not be simply hitting the weights and nothing else. I decided that I would not be happy until I could become as fit as one of our brave men serving overseas. Those guys are the true definition of functional strength and being able to do everything in my book. I have been running for the past month and have not been doing as well as I hoped, but I have lost around 10 pounds and my 2 mile time has started to close near the minimum passing time limit for a male soldier. For anyone who does not know the APFT scores, to get a maximum of 300 I will need to run 2 miles in under 13:00, do 71 pushups, and 78 situps both in 2 minutes. I will be starting the 6 week challenge on the 24th, and my goals are: run at least a passing 2 mile time (15:54), do 50 pushups and 60 situps, do 12 pullups (starting from 8) and drop 12 pounds to make 185. The Guilds I would be interested in are the Rangers guild and maybe later the Monk Guild, but for now I enjoy the whole aspect of the Rangers Guild and the functional fitness aspect. Also, Ithilien Rangers were some of the coolest and most noble warrior-kings of Middle Earth, so yeah.

Hope to meet everyone else soon!

• Like 1

Welcome Fudweiser. I am new to NerdFitness as we'll and like you I think that it is a great community. You stated that you wanted to get as fit as a service member overseas. I am currently in the service (Navy for 12 years which is a different world) but I have served with all the other branches of the military and if you have any questions on military life I could assist if you would like. I can't help too much with your workout goals being on the other end of the spectrum but I can't wait to hear how you do with your goals. Good luck.

You had me at middle earth :) Welcome to the rebellion!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

SilverRapier: Thank you!! I will!

SkinnySailor: Thank you and I will keep you posted! I checked out your profile and I thought it was very cool. What is your rating if you do not mind me asking? Other than that, I do not have any questions at the moment. Also, I have been to Bahrain and it is a really cool place to visit so have fun there! And let me know when you get to 160!

RedEagleSpirit: Middle Earth is the best fantasy world IMO. Thank you!

• Like 1