Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from a new rebel!

Greetings Rebels!

My name is Maffeo, I am a 309 pound Ogre. I have decided to make a change and get into a shape other than round! For the last four weeks I have been eating Paleo and have had some tremendous gains, 15 pounds of weight lost. I have been doing the beginner weight training for the last two weeks. I have come up with some fitness goals I would like to achieve. I have tried Sabre Fencing and Yoga. And I would like to reach a fitness level that I could pursue those two things. I noticed Fencing is not noted with the classes. Which would that best fit?

Welcome to the rebellion...not sure what class fencing falls under, but you are welcome and encouraged to try them all and see what is the best fit ;)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hey Maffeo, welcome. Fencing sounds like it would be fun. What are you doing for yoga? I have been doing yoga for a little over 6 weeks using YouTube videos which have been great but I need to move to real classes soon. I look forward to following your progress.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

I just reached 306 pounds. I would like to get into the 290s by the end of March. I have cheated on my Paleo diet a couple times, but I have not cheated on my calorie counting. I use my FitnessPal to keep track of my calorie intake. The cheats, other than the piece of cake, were done because of ill preparation on my part. To fix that I have decided to make myself lunches for days when I am away from the house. I have signed up for a local program that will give me a huge box of vegetables and fruits for $15.  Although I am starting late, I am thinking about participating in the current challenge.

Side-note: I need to work on turning  video games into a reward instead of a daily activity.