Forums are back in action! ×

Warrior Druid reporting for fun and shenanigans

Hi, I'm Amanda. *waves furiously*

I stumbled across Nerd Fitness after reading about BulletProof coffee and how it relates (or not) to Paleo.  I did a Google search of Paleo and this site was the top of my search.  And I liked what I found.  A combination of a baked potato that turned my stomach sour and Steve's logical, honest post about Paleo convinced me to give it a shot.  I haven't gone off the deep end. I still have quinoa with breakfast and I haven't given up dairy, but I feel A LOT better.  So, I will continue the experiment.

A bit about me.  I'm an IT support analyst for a small drilling company in Tulsa, OK.  I'm an avid gamer.  My two favorites are Borderlands 2 and Diablo III right now.  We just picked up an Xbone so that may change.  I also write and have self pubbed several books.  Science fiction and fantasy mainly.

I live with my boyfriend of almost 6 years (that'll be May) and we game together.  I go by the motto, the couple that games together, stays together.

I love weight lifting and I have wanted the body builder body for a loooooooooong time.  Nothing I have tried has worked long term.  I'm hoping to fix that and I really hope this is the right place.

I follow Nia Shanks' workouts right now and I also love DDP Yoga, which I plan to get back into in a couple of months.  First, I have a 5k to get ready for.

This place looks like a lot of fun and I look forward to meeting everyone.

• Like 2

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Welcome to the rebellion! I am an avid lover of coffee but have yet to try the 'bullet proof' type...I like mine plain...

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Welcome to the rebellion Amanda. I have DDP yoga but haven't really tried it out more than once but I plan to give it a real try.

• Like 1
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

I love bulletproof coffee.  It's made the transition so much easier.  I need to get some proper ghee, though.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

DDP is lots of fun and a good muscle builder that also helps with flexibility.

My Current Challenge