Forums are back in action! ×

Just ran my first 5k!

Well, run is really a loose term.  I walked most of it, but I did it.  It was Color Me Rad and I was really surprised at how much fun it was.  I finished at right around 50 minutes.  My legs are angry with me, but I think I'll live.   :nevreness:

Not sure if I'll ever do another one, but I'm glad to be able to say I have done one.

• Like 3

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Congrats!!!  These look fun.  I'm going to do a Color Run in May.

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I did the same one last week!! So much fun :) Great job!!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

It's definitely a lot of fun.  I recommend a bandana if you have light hair and bring an spare set of clothes and a towel.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Well done! That's brilliant. I'm going for my first 5k in April, any other advice? :)

Drink lots of water, wear comfortable clothes, sunscreen (if you are pasty and pale like me) and don't weigh yourself the next day.  Your muscles will be sore and swollen and the scale will lie like a dog.

My Current Challenge

Honestly, you can just walk the whole thing.  Plenty of people did.  All that matters is that you do it.  And you finish.

• Like 1

My Current Challenge

Your muscles will be sore and swollen and the scale will lie like a dog.

I've noticed this after a heavy session at the gym.... I'm good with it :D

It's been my goal to run this 5k since I walked it last year, but in all honesty I've only started working towards achieving it since the start of Feb.  I'm feeling good about it though.... I'm pretty sure I can do it now. Bring it on! ;)

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks!  I actually have this crazy idea to 31 5ks next year for my 31st birthday.

• Like 1

My Current Challenge