Forums are back in action! ×

On 1/27/2022 at 11:23 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Not liking digital clutter I deleted them, but I'm not very smart and I deleted the back up for my broken phone.  I had to set up the new phone fresh.  I couldn't remember any of my social media passwords.  I've since figured out a couple of them, but I'm still off social media.  It's really nice, except for not knowing what to do when I wait for the kid's classes to finish*.  I do want to keep up with news from my tribe and a few friends, so I might get back on FB, but if I do I'm muting like 90% of the people on there.

*Maybe I'll buy a book or download a game.

I put kindle on my phone to keep me off twitter. I had zero social on my phone for a while and really liked it. 

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Wierd workouts are the best workouts though Sloth!

• That's Metal 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

On 1/28/2022 at 5:02 AM, KB Girl said:

Ah I've done the same recently, though a tad more intentionally ;) it's very good for the headspace, but as you say, I do miss some of it. Not FB, but I might get back on insta and just unfollow a whole bunch. Let me know how that goes for you? 

If you can read on your phone it's quite nice to have a good book on there too, for those moments. 

I still haven't gotten back on any social media (except this one of course) and It's nice.  

I've been reading blogs like it's 2010, but there are hardly any left.  If I read I’ll probably get an old-fashioned book.  

3 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I put kindle on my phone to keep me off twitter. I had zero social on my phone for a while and really liked it. 

Nice.

1 hour ago, cn3wton said:

Wierd workouts are the best workouts though Sloth!

You're not wrong brother.

I was looking to see if any kettlebell instructors had survived the pandemic and were working in-person and I discovered that the weird little garage gym that just opened a few months ago, and that I thought was a CrossFit Box, is actually an RKC trainer who likes weird workouts and his prices are cheaper than a box*.  Once it warms up, and they start working outside again, I'm going to be sorely tempted to take a class.

*This might be the longest sentence I've written since college.

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

16 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

the weird little garage gym that just opened a few months ago and that I thought was a CrossFit Box is actually an RKC trainer who likes weird workouts and his prices are far cheaper than a box

do it becky chung GIF

• Haha 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

Friday Januweary 28, 2022

Paperwork day at school.  These kinds of days really make me wish I was still medicating my ADHD.

Cardio Bunny Day

53 minutes on the trainer.  It was a really crappy ride.  I wasn't into it, I felt like crap, and could barely get into Zone 2 (endurance) ands I couldn't find the alternate MCU order I had started.  I ended up watching Some Star Wars stuff again.

I should have listened to Mrs. Sloth; she told me I was having a bad lung day, but I thought I felt fine.  I checked my blood oxygen level before I went to bed and it was bouncing between 93 and 95% (you want it above 95%).  That was common before, but I hadn't seen it in the last six weeks.

Saturday  Januweary 29, 2022

Strength Day

I slept almost all day long.  In the evening I worked out before I went to bed.  Everything felt heavier than it should have, but went up smoothly.  

Working Sets:

Trap Bar DL 4 X 1, 2, 3 at 175#. I remembered the challenge where I worked up to farmer's walking 180# around the gym's walking track and got sad at my lost abilities.

KB Clean & Press 4 X 1, 2, 3 at 16kg.  I keep wanting to move this up and I could probably force it ugly-style, but I'm trusting the process.

ETA: The first part of the get up (roll up to your hand) has always been janky for me ever since I blew my back out all those years ago. I wondered if priming my core with some direct ab work would help and it did, the get up was much smoother and easier.  

I did 3X5 roll outs on a stability ball.  So an easy start and holy crap my abs are still on fire 2 days later.  I might need to train my abs more often than once every couple of years.  

Sunday Januweary 30, 2022

I slept almost all day long again.  In the afternoon we went to the Winter Carnival to marvel at the ice sculptures and snow sculptures and drink expensive hot cocoa.

No training.  
ETA: I considered an easy ride on the trainer, but the next movie is Iron Man and I just didn’t want to watch Tony Stark.  I then considered giving up on the MCU and watching all of the Star Wars content in order, but you start with the Phantom Menace…

Monday Januweary 31, 2022

I wish I was sleeping all day.  It is back to school day after two weeks of Zoom School and a week of having most of my class quarantined.  About half were absent today; I hope they're ok.

I could probably train something, but I'm taking another day off to make sure I'm ready again.

Peace Out Nerd Friends.

• Like 7

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

That small class setting sounds freaking awesome! Though I have no idea what RKC is!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

5 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

Though I have no idea what RKC is!

Random Kettlebell Coolness.

Obviously. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

On 1/27/2022 at 9:59 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Almost as disappointed as when I discovered (just now) that our titles disappeared.

?   I hadn't noticed that until I read this!  

19 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Friday Januweary 28, 2022

53 minutes on the trainer.  It was a really crappy ride.  I wasn't into it, I felt like crap, and could barely get into Zone 2 (endurance) ands I couldn't find the alternate MCU order I had started.  I ended up watching Some Star Wars stuff again.

I should have listened to Mrs. Sloth; she told me I was having a bad lung day, but I thought I felt fine.  I checked my blood oxygen level before I went to bed and it was bouncing between 93 and 95% (you want it above 95%).  That was common before, but I hadn't seen it in the last six weeks.

Saturday  Januweary 29, 2022

Strength Day

I slept almost all day long.  In the evening I worked out before I went to bed.  Everything felt heavier than it should have, but went up smoothly.  

I wonder if these two are related.... 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 1/31/2022 at 2:25 PM, Scaly Freak said:

do it becky chung GIF

Oh yeah, totally. Not ‘til they start working outside though.  

On 2/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, cn3wton said:

That small class setting sounds freaking awesome! Though I have no idea what RKC is!

On 2/1/2022 at 9:44 AM, Scaly Freak said:

Random Kettlebell Coolness.

Obviously. ;) 

Hah. Russian Kettlebell Challenge.  For a long time they were the only folks giving KB certifications and then some fitness groups started certifying folks and then StrongFirst spun off of RKC.  

RKC are kettlebell dorks and StrongFirst are kettlebell nerds who think they’re tactical.  

On 2/1/2022 at 10:26 AM, Shello said:

?   I hadn't noticed that until I read this!  

I wonder if these two are related.... 

Oh totally. For the last year and a half the pattern has been my sense of taste gets all weird and metallic and then I’m weak and my O2 level drops and I spend 2 or 3 days sleeping. It’s been a while since this had happened, hopefully this will be the last time.  

• Like 3

2/1/2022 Tuesday

Weightlifting articles for the over 50 gym rat compiled and summarized:  you need to eat at least 252 grams* of protein each day or you will catabolize to dust; you have the recovery ability of a terminal cancer patient, only work out twice a week, use a whole body program; your strength is dropping faster than lead balloon, never lift less than your 3RM; on your off days grab your walker and shuffle around the block.  

*1.5 grams per pound.  I think this is like one of those giant steaks at the Steersman in Amarillo that they give you for free if you can finish it.  

The ancient foster dog had surgery the day before and peed all over the kitchen which gave me the opportunity to learn that I can run all the way to work non-stop with a 25# pack.  Why is my pack so heavy you ask?  I bring absolutely everything I might need back and forth in case I get the call that my class and I are quarantined.  

KB Conditioning

Warm Up 

Stability Ball Roll Out 3x3

2H KB Swing 10x5 at 24kg

Snatch 5x5/5 at 12kg

Snatch 10x5/5 at 16kg

Felt heavy and required a bit more rest between sets, but went ok. 

Peace Out Nerd Friends.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Weightlifting articles for the over 50 gym rat compiled and summarized:  you need to eat at least 252 grams* of protein each day or you will catabolize to dust; you have the recovery ability of a terminal cancer patient, only work out twice a week, use a whole body program; your strength is dropping faster than lead balloon, never lift less than your 3RM; on your off days grab your walker and shuffle around the block.

How cheerful!? I like the protein goals, because I love meat, and I feel like it gives  me a solid excuse reason to eat more of it. Not a big fan of  the strength dropping faster than a lead balloon though. It does feel a bit like a hamster on a treadmill with trying to gain strength sometimes?

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Haha. That doesn’t surprise me.  When I’m full on cardio bunny I usually get about 80 grams, when I’m trying to get more it’s about 125 grams. Any more than that and I don’t get enough carbs to rev up the engine. 

I dunno. Maybe they’re right if they’re talking about your ultimate limit strength, but I feel like have about as much potential to get strong as I ever did, but probably at a bit of a slower pace.  

If I stayed healthy for a lengthy period I can see myself getting to:

350# / 160kg Trap Bar Dead Lift

24kg Press and Snatch

Hmmm, I don’t seem to have a measured pull; I should find one to work on. 

• Like 5

2/2/22 Wednesday - Cardio

Nothing of note happened.  

1:17 Trainer Ride in Zone 2.  I felt like I could have gone longer; this is a nice improvement.  

I watched the new Boba Fett episode.  I won’t get into it for spoilers, but there’s a lot not to like about Jedi. No offense to you @EricMN

I then started Iron Man 2. Tony Stark is still unlikable.  Watching this feels like penance for my past sins.  I’ve never seen the MCU before (except Guardians of the Galaxy, which was great), but Hulk is next; I’m sure I’ll like that one. 

If you’re curious, this is the alternative order I’m watching them in. 

MCU Cape Order

Peace Out Nerd Friends.  

• Like 5

On 1/31/2022 at 9:28 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

ETA: The first part of the get up (roll up to your hand) has always been janky for me ever since I blew my back out all those years ago. I wondered if priming my core with some direct ab work would help and it did, the get up was much smoother and easier.  

Good thinking :)

On 2/2/2022 at 9:08 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Hmmm, I don’t seem to have a measured pull; I should find one to work on. 

Snatch is sort of a pull. 

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I watched the new Boba Fett episode.  I won’t get into it for spoilers, but there’s a lot not to like about Jedi. No offense to you @EricMN

You're not wrong. I've said before that the leap the Jedi make from "I have caring relationships with others" to "Everyone is filled with hate" is absurd. Grey Jedi make much more sense.

Hello, friend.

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

Thursday February 3, 2022

We’ve had a spell of indoor recess because it’s been too cold.  The thing about kids is, if you don’t give them recess, they’ll find a way to take one anyway.  It was kind of bonkers today.  
Closer To The Edge People GIF by THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS

Strength Day

Warm Up Circuit 3x5 at 12kg

Stability Ball Roll Out 3x3

Getups 3x1/1 at 12kg

Double KB Front Squat 3x3 at 16/16kg

It’s been a while and I just wanted to try these out and holy heck were they hard.  I might keep them because they hit the quads real hard and who doesn’t want big quads?

Fitness Gym GIF
Trap Bar DL 4x1, 2, 3 at 175#
KB Clean & Press 4x1, 2, 3 at 16kg

I had to take about a 20 minute break in the middle to help Slothboy cook.  
The weights felt light and flew up. I was really tempted to add weight, but I decided to trust the process and keep accumulating volume.  

Peace Out Nerdlings.  

• Like 9

If I remember right you had a pretty good collection of Kettlebells back in the day.

Whats your favorite exercise with them? I used to love farmers carries with them.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, KB Girl said:

Good thinking :)

Snatch is sort of a pull. 

Hardstyle also considers swings and snatches to be pulls.  I shouldn't overthink things, my shoulders are a million times healthier than before I did kettlebells.  Although... inverted rows would be very functional for mountain biking.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:40 PM, EricMN said:

You're not wrong. I've said before that the leap the Jedi make from "I have caring relationships with others" to "Everyone is filled with hate" is absurd. Grey Jedi make much more sense.

Hello, friend.

I'm glad you're here brother.  I just can't cotton to the baby stealing and the child soldiers; it's no wonder every Jedi of note seems to fall to the dark side.  I really liked how they were portrayed in the Old Republic comics - the unpaid interns seemed to start as teens or young adults and they had families and other attachments.

1 hour ago, cn3wton said:

If I remember right you had a pretty good collection of Kettlebells back in the day.

Whats your favorite exercise with them? I used to love farmers carries with them.

I loaned out a few of them when we had our lockdown and the gyms closed.  I should get them back.

The KB forum likes the kettlebell mile where the challenge is to walk a mile with a 24kg bell.  Apparently a Marine researcher decided it is a better indicator of the ability to do long loaded rucks than anything else.  It's where strength and aerobic capacity meet.  It wouldn't be a bad challenge goal... When I would train for the hammer race I'd walk the dog with a 16kg bell, but to say I loved it would be a gross overstatement.

I really like anything ballistic. Right I really like snatching.  The double kettlebell front squat is a killer; I kind of wish I was doing that right now instead of the trap bar dead lift.

• Like 4

New challenge time when I lose everyone and the forums become a firehose.  I might just sit here quietly until things settle down.

Friday February 4, 2022 - Cardio day.

I can't remember back this far so I don't know what I had going on.

I rode the trainer for 1:15 at a zone 2.  I meant to do 1:30, but my legs thought I should be done around an 1:10.  Old me would have pushed through, but I'm trying to listen to my body better.  

Iron Man2 got better when the Russian excon physicist showed.  I would have watched a whole movie about him.  I also really liked the supporting characters, but Tony Stark ruins it for me.

Saturday February 5, 2022 - conditioning day.

Working sets

2HSwing 10x6 at 24kg

OHSnatch 5x5/5 at 12kg

OHSnatch 11x5/5 at 16kg

I was aiming for 15 sets, but I started dropping the bell instead of controlling it down so I shut it down, my biceps were sore the next day.

I started practicing box breathing (belly breathing 4 seconds in, 4 seconds hold, 4 seconds out).  It's supposed to help me chill out.

Sunday February 6, 2022 - cardio day

I ate all the things (3 breakfasts) and had tired legs.  I probably needed a day off, but I thought an easy spin would be useful, but it wasn't.

I rode the trainer for 1:15.  Mostly in zone 2, but I dropped into zone 1 a few times.

I finally got to the end of Iron Man 2.  I need to set up the DVD player to watch Hulk so I instead started Thor.  This is by far my favorite so far.  I wasn't paying much attention, I think I'll start it over next time.

Monday February 7, 2022 - Rest Day

I don't have rest days scheduled; I thought I'd play it by ear.

Official Schedule

Monday - Strength

Tuesday - Conditioning

Wednesday - Cardio

Thursday - Strength

Friday - Cardio, ideally a longer day, but I haven't yet.

Saturday - Conditioning

Sunday - Cardio.

Peace Out Nerd Friends.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Saturday February 5, 2022 - conditioning day.

Working sets

2HSwing 10x6 at 24kg

OHSnatch 5x5/5 at 12kg

OHSnatch 11x5/5 at 16kg

I was aiming for 15 sets, but I started dropping the bell instead of controlling it down so I shut it down, my biceps were sore the next day.

Nice sets! Even with 11 sets it looks like improvement right? :) 

• Like 1

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Nice sets! Even with 11 sets it looks like improvement right? :) 

Just so you’re clear, it’s sets x reps, not sets x minutes ? These sets are almost exactly every minute on the minute and I’m wondering if it’s coincidental that I need 45 or 50s to recover or if I trained my body to recover in that time frame with those tens of thousands of swings on the minute (right now I’m training by heart rate, when my HR drops to 120 I go again. If I went by feel the rests would be a lot shorter).

Thanks. Definitely an improvement.  I should devote a post to cataloging how far I’ve improved since I started training again in December.  It felt like rock bottom.  

To continue our chat from your thread - I bet you have told me your trick, but I’ve completely forgotten it.  Why don’t you wait until fall though.  I’m still in rehab mode and I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing until I’m able to bike outside.  I’ll reevaluate at that point.  

I want to train long cycle next off-season. It looks like fun. I’ve actually bought a program a couple weeks ago when I was feeling optimistic, but it’s hardstyle and it’s mostly about getting strong enough to do long cycle. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Just so you’re clear, it’s sets x reps, not sets x minutes ? These sets are almost exactly every minute on the minute and I’m wondering if it’s coincidental that I need 45 or 50s to recover or if I trained my body to recover in that time frame with those tens of thousands of swings on the minute (right now I’m training by heart rate, when my HR drops to 120 I go again. If I went by feel the rests would be a lot shorter).

Hah I know! :D 

That's an interesting thought.. I haven't trained (or trained anyone) by heart rate like that and the only theoretical knowledge I have on recovery time is ATP based (it takes well trained individuals at least 20 seconds to refill their ATP and un- or less-trained more like 40-50s), but that is probably coincidence?

Thanks. Definitely an improvement.  I should devote a post to cataloging how far I’ve improved since I started training again in December.  It felt like rock bottom.  

Yes! :)

To continue our chat from your thread - I bet you have told me your trick, but I’ve completely forgotten it.  Why don’t you wait until fall though.  I’m still in rehab mode and I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing until I’m able to bike outside.  I’ll reevaluate at that point.  

That's a good plan. Just let me know any time and I'll make you a video. 

I want to train long cycle next off-season. It looks like fun. I’ve actually bought a program a couple weeks ago when I was feeling optimistic, but it’s hardstyle and it’s mostly about getting strong enough to do long cycle. 

Longcycle is intense! Let me know if you want some technique tips? 

For programming it lends itself well to things like 10x5 or 8x8 or EMOM's or ladders... and if you want to go a bit more sporty then 1:00 on, 1:00 rest is delicious too. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The KB forum likes the kettlebell mile where the challenge is to walk a mile with a 24kg bell.  Apparently a Marine researcher decided it is a better indicator of the ability to do long loaded rucks than anything else.  It's where strength and aerobic capacity meet.  It wouldn't be a bad challenge goal... When I would train for the hammer race I'd walk the dog with a 16kg bell, but to say I loved it would be a gross overstatement.

I really like anything ballistic. Right I really like snatching.  The double kettlebell front squat is a killer; I kind of wish I was doing that right now instead of the trap bar dead lift.

That does sound nuts. Do you do 1 bell in a 1 hand then alternate? I feel like that would be harder and easier than one in each hand. Harder because you have to work to keep yourself upright because of the shift in weight. But easier because obviously you can rest one arm/side when you switch.

The dynamic stuff is always fun. Snatches/cleans always have that satisfying side to it. But I always bruised my wrist with the bells when i did them. Except when you get those gloriously perfectly done movements and it just seems to float up lol.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:40 AM, KB Girl said:

Hah I know! :D 

That's an interesting thought.. I haven't trained (or trained anyone) by heart rate like that and the only theoretical knowledge I have on recovery time is ATP based (it takes well trained individuals at least 20 seconds to refill their ATP and un- or less-trained more like 40-50s), but that is probably coincidence?

Yes! :)

That's a good plan. Just let me know any time and I'll make you a video. 

Longcycle is intense! Let me know if you want some technique tips? 

For programming it lends itself well to things like 10x5 or 8x8 or EMOM's or ladders... and if you want to go a bit more sporty then 1:00 on, 1:00 rest is delicious too. 

OK.  StrongFirst has always been into energy systems, maybe that's why they used to be so heavy into 15s. on and 45s. off.

I appreciate the future support.  I'll try not to get Ranger Brain before next fall :) 

On 2/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, cn3wton said:

That does sound nuts. Do you do 1 bell in a 1 hand then alternate? I feel like that would be harder and easier than one in each hand. Harder because you have to work to keep yourself upright because of the shift in weight. But easier because obviously you can rest one arm/side when you switch.

The dynamic stuff is always fun. Snatches/cleans always have that satisfying side to it. But I always bruised my wrist with the bells when i did them. Except when you get those gloriously perfectly done movements and it just seems to float up lol.

I still try to float the bell, but I wear kettleguards to keep my wrists from being banged up.

It's one 24kg bell, as many switches as you'd like.  I bet you could work up to it pretty quickly.

Tuesday, February 8, 2022 - Strength Day

It was completely nuts at school for no apparent reason.  I came home feeling totally burnt out, but family stuff kept me running.  I ate terribly, big subway with chips and soda instead of my usual protein shake with fruit and spinach at lunch and a McDonalds number 3 instead of an apple and nuts for snack.

Finally at 8:30 (my usual bedtime) I had a chance to train.  I would have skipped it, but I needed to burn the squirrels out of my brain so I could settle down.  Even still, I was interrupted about a million times and the family decided I was mad at them (I wasn't).  Anyways, I took a big scoop of pre-workout and hit it hard.

Warm up circuit 2 or 3 rounds at 12kg.

Last time I pulled an ab or strained it or something and it was incredibly painful when I tried to do the roll outs so I skipped those.

Get Ups 3x1/1 at 12kg.  The roll up really hurt my abs so I had to cheat it with a leg kick.  I should have skipped them, but my brain was melted and it never occurred to me.

Double KB Front Squat 3x3 at 16/16kg.  These are starting to feel ok.  I might start progressing the reps.  Might not.

Trap Bar DL 3x1, 2, 3, 4 at 175#.  I feel like I can add another 25#.

KB Clean & Press 3x1, 2, 3, 4 at 16kg.  I feel like I'll be stuck on 16kg forever. These also hurt real bad, so I put the neoprene back wrap thingie on tight and was able to work through it.

I did, however, get the squirrels to leave my brain alone.

Peace out Nerd Friends.

• Like 8