Forums are back in action! ×

Steve Is Being Followed

Hey Nerds! Steve has been sending out some pretty cryptic emails. I figured we could use this thread to come together and figure things out!

According to the last email from Stacey, Steve is headed out of the country and left us a cryptogram. 

RL RFTT JLLV SKL KLTD GB THE PLJLTTFGT. RL YUOS UJFSL SKL BGUP. QTFQX SKL TGCGO BGP YGPL

I tried to decipher it and think I figured it out. 

WE WILL NEED THE HELP OF THE REBELLION. WE MUST UNITE THE FOUR. CLICK THE LOGOS FOR MORE. 

The logos of the NFL Rebellion don't lead anywhere but back to the beginning. Any ideas?

• Like 1

We're all stories in the end just make it a good one, eh?

10 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

Ok...so opinions on Rising Heroes...go!

I have a decision to make...the Academy or Rising Heroes. I can't do both. *sigh*

The Academy is for the first 6-12 months, wheras Rising Heroes looks to be a long term story.

However, it honestly feels a lot like our guild mini-challenge, where we try different things while following a story. 

But it is still too expensive, especially as it seems to aim towards habit building, and honestly, the forums do a lot of that for me.

• Like 2

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

I'm confused - Isn't this rather similar to HabitRPG/Habitica?

• Like 3

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Ok...so opinions on Rising Heroes...go!

I have a decision to make...the Academy or Rising Heroes. I can't do both. *sigh*

I was very excited until I saw the price today. $29 is just too much. I would have been happier around $15! I hope the price becomes more reasonable.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Current Challenge * My Fitness Pal * Habitica * Fitbit

My Blog: From MSW to Web Dev

2017: 1st Challenge

DEMOSTHENES131 — WIZARD

Lost Items Found.

Paranormal Investigations.

Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.

No Love Potions, Endless Purses, Parties, or Other Entertainment

I'm confused - Isn't this rather similar to HabitRPG/Habitica?

Yes, and both are much more affordable. They miss the story and theme aspect, of course.

DEMOSTHENES131 — WIZARD

Lost Items Found.

31 minutes ago, IAmInfinite said:

The Academy is for the first 6-12 months, wheras Rising Heroes looks to be a long term story.

However, it honestly feels a lot like our guild mini-challenge, where we try different things while following a story. 

But it is still too expensive, especially as it seems to aim towards habit building, and honestly, the forums do a lot of that for me.

Thanks

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

NerdFitness is now a "Sponsored" dump on my FB

The Cash Grab is ON

Fuck you, Steve

Noticed that. Nothing wrong with making money on your creations and endeavors but I feel pricing yourself too high is a bad practice as it limits your market.

DEMOSTHENES131 — WIZARD

Lost Items Found.

3 hours ago, RandMart said:

The Cash Grab is ON

Fuck you, Steve

Dude, calm down, The forums are going to continue to be free. Steve's letting us use these forums for free, and he's gonna keep letting us use the forums for free. He even has a full time staff member to take care of them. Rising Heroes is another paid product he's putting out there. As others have tried to tell you, Steve's running a business here.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, RandMart said:

The Cash Grab is ON

Fuck you, Steve

This seems very antagonistic. Not sure why all the anger. Yes, NF is a business. But the forums are still free, They are well run and maintained, and set up for a lot of fun and challenging things, all for free. Rising Heroes is a bit out of my price range, but that is fine. I'm guessing that he priced it high enough because he wanted to keep it to a smaller, more manageable size group. It is his business, and he can run it how he wants. I can buy the product or not, not sure why Steve wanting to have a profitable business angers you.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

8 hours ago, RandMart said:

The Cash Grab is ON

Fuck you, Steve

As someone who has said many times they don't use his products the last part is out of line.  But i agree with this being a cash grab, on the level of Activision, and I don't think even they would put the price point at that level.  No MMO(and that is what this is) would survive at that price point.  Now if that was yearly or every 6 month I could see that price point working but as it is now i feel this is just set up for failure.  

• Like 1
  • Hazard locked this topic