Forums are back in action! ×

» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

9 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I've missed you so much. With no Shaar there's no hype.

For srs. Welcome back!! I'm glad to hear you've been doing well and weren't having a bad time while you were away from the forums. 

And congratulations on hitting your goal (?) weight!!! That's awesome and it must feel pretty darn great. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I've missed you so much. With no Shaar there's no hype.

57 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

For srs. Welcome back!! I'm glad to hear you've been doing well and weren't having a bad time while you were away from the forums. 

And congratulations on hitting your goal (?) weight!!! That's awesome and it must feel pretty darn great. 

53 minutes ago, Urgan said:

No shaar, no joy. Glad to have you back.

HI GUYS!!!!!! <33333333333333

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

On 6/29/2017 at 7:32 PM, zeroh13 said:

it's funny, a couple days ago I was thinking, "wow, shaar hasn't posted in awhile," and here you are!

(In context, I was trying to find everyone's new threads, so it wasn't that weirdly random of a thought, I swear.)

On 6/29/2017 at 10:20 PM, ixaera said:

Thanks for magically bringing shaar back with your mind!!

IT WAS YOUR BRAIN, it looked at my brain and said, "what are you doing start posting more ok?"

And it has worked. :)

On 6/30/2017 at 3:31 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

ΗΑΙΙΙΙΙΙΙΙΙΙΙΙΙ!!!!!

WHADDUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPP :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Today, it is the MONDAY.

tenor.gif

I am at work for the morning; I could have taken the entire day off but Guilt Complex so here I am doing paperwork (and typing on the internet wahaha).  The upside is that I'm the only one here for a bit so I can blare my music as loud as I want!!!!

My lifting days are all donked up Because Murica Holiday and also friends in town, so I will go do deadlift day on Wednesday.  I finally bit the bullet and got some liquid chalk and WOW WHAT AN INVENTION LET ME TELL YOU HWHAT.  Why haven't I bought this earlier.  Lovely.

I've been listening to a lot of Spotify at the gym (and while I play FFXIV) and I want to buy the ad-free version but 10 bucks a month?!!?! REALLY??? What freakin' ever, I may be close to the breaking point though, because if I hear that 4th of July Sam's Club advertisement one more time I'm going to throw myself into a pit of knives.  I guess that's how they get you though, repetition and annoyance, I WILL NOT BE STRAYED........... maybe.........

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, shaar said:

I've been listening to a lot of Spotify at the gym (and while I play FFXIV) and I want to buy the ad-free version but 10 bucks a month?!!?! REALLY??? What freakin' ever, I may be close to the breaking point though, because if I hear that 4th of July Sam's Club advertisement one more time I'm going to throw myself into a pit of knives.  I guess that's how they get you though, repetition and annoyance, I WILL NOT BE STRAYED........... maybe.........

I had that same conflict for a while but then I realized that I could ask my sister to upgrade her account to a family plan ($15 for 4 accounts) and just pay $5. So if you have buddies with accounts that might be an option too!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

33 minutes ago, shaar said:

I've been listening to a lot of Spotify at the gym (and while I play FFXIV) and I want to buy the ad-free version but 10 bucks a month?!!?! REALLY??? What freakin' ever, I may be close to the breaking point though,

I currently pay this amount for google music, which comes with ad free youtube. Question: What's the difference really between it and Spotify?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I had that same conflict for a while but then I realized that I could ask my sister to upgrade her account to a family plan ($15 for 4 accounts) and just pay $5. So if you have buddies with accounts that might be an option too!

OooOOoOOoo...... interesting................ *plots*

25 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I currently pay this amount for google music, which comes with ad free youtube. Question: What's the difference really between it and Spotify?

I have no idea, what it a very good question????  I like Spotify because I can link it from my laptop to my desktop and control my big speakers from the laptop when I'm playing FF.... something something functionality!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 9:11 AM, shaar said:

I have no idea, what it a very good question????  I like Spotify because I can link it from my laptop to my desktop and control my big speakers from the laptop when I'm playing FF.... something something functionality!

Was just curious! IIRC Spotify may have more selection? Though I've never been too put out by Google's. I usually throw it up on the chromecast. Good luck finding a solution!

tumblr_lltja6rLpO1qczojfo1_500.gif

• Like 3

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN AND I LOVE YOU ALL

Phew~

<333333333333333

I promise I will post something more involved tomorrow, if I don't you can hunt me down and throw me off of Witchdrop.  ON MY WORD

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I declare falsehood

HERESY

*throws self off of Witchdrop*

Whoopsie doodles I was trying to avoid that~ XD

WHOA HERE I AM!! <3 <3  Ugghhh.  This summer.  Honestly.

For all of the craziness I'm trundling along and doing PRETTY DARN GREAT.  My main issue right now is that, thanks to multiple variables, none of which are bad at all, I've effectively lost about 16-ish pounds since the start of the year (GO ME!!! <3) and am having to re-figure out how to eat for a 110# person as opposed to a 126# person while maintaining strength training in the summer when it's frickin' HOT and I don't want to eat anything and... yeah.  That's been a bit of a struggle.  I'm finding myself having to mindfully force a lot of food in to meet goals because I'm just not -hungry-, and it kinda makes me eh.  I know things will settle out eventually but it's a sticking point currently, and I've dropped my lifting days to 2x weekly to try and maintain some semblance of not burning my candle at every end while I futz with fooding.

That being said I'm heckin' stoked with all the progress I've made so far!!!!!!  Really really really happy. :D  I've been working pretty hard behind the scenes and it's paying off.  Wew.

ALSO HEY LOOK GUYS HERE'S THE CUTEST NINJA LIZARD EVER

cutestninja.jpg

Jeezus weezus he is the cutest.  I'm an officer in my FC now and have been happily gaming in my spare time, I'm REALLY LOVING STORMBLOOD, I am officially a level 70 bard and GUYS WE GET A FLUTE NOW and it's just so great, toodly doo here's a CRITICAL HIT BOOST FROM MY SICKNASTY FLUTE SKILLS OK.  I'm also really loving NINJA (as evidenced), so I'm leveling that in my spare time, every ninja glamour looks so heckin' cool.

Other than that work is ok but hectic (of course), life in general is ok but hectic (because why not), I can't believe it's almost August??  Patiently waiting for fall weather FOR REAL OK.  Bleh.

I said it last time but I really need to make a concerted effort to update this thing more, I need to tell you guys things like how I finally committed the cardinal frickin' sin of locking myself out of my gym locker Monday morning while ONLY WEARING A TOWEL AND POSSESSING MY SHOWER BAG, like, holy craparoni I always bring my belt with lock keys with me, but apparently I was doofed out of my gourd and locked it IN THE LOCKER, I swear as soon as I clicked that lock shut the realization of the fatal flaw I had just made resonated through my heart with sheer terror.  I had to grovel at the next lady to come into the locker room 5 minutes later to go to the front desk and get the girl there to come in with a giant pair of lockcutters to bail my dumbass out, hoo boy howdy, I tell you what those 5 minutes of waiting were pretty panic-ful - cue me, in a towel, yanking furiously on my locked lock while muttering curses (surely i'm strong enough to break something open right) - cue me, frantically looking around like a caged animal, trying to find an escape route but then you realize you're only in a towel and your phone, car keys, clothes, life, are locked away behind good ol #26 - cue me, doing deep breathing exercises and telling myself YOU ARE GONNA BE OK YOU LITTLE SHIT.

TL;DR that happened.  Ahahahaha great~

ANYWAYS HAPPY FRIDAAAAY~~~~ <333333333 :DDDDDDD

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, shaar said:

ONLY WEARING A TOWEL AND POSSESSING MY SHOWER BAG,

I'M TRYING REALLY HARD NOT TO CHUCKLE AT YOUR EXPENSE I'M SORRY YOU SUFFERED THROUGH THAT TRYING TIME IT IS NOT AMUSING NOPE NOT EVEN a little bit

hehehehehehe

I'm REALLY LOVING STORMBLOOD, I am officially a level 70 bard and GUYS WE GET A FLUTE NOW and it's just so great, toodly doo here's a CRITICAL HIT BOOST FROM MY SICKNASTY FLUTE SKILLS OK.

My quoting has messed up so now this

ANYWAY BARD IS SO MUCH FUN NOW not that it ever sucked, just it's so twitchy and mobile and I HELP

I HELP PEOPLE

YOU WANT REFRESH AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME I'M YOUR SONGYPOO

29 minutes ago, shaar said:

ANYWAYS HAPPY FRIDAAAAY~~~~ <333333333 :DDDDDDD

Oh sure now the quotes work ok

Anyway, I did my Thursday workout this morning did I do today wrong???

• Like 3
Just now, ixaera said:

Anyway, I did my Thursday workout this morning did I do today wrong???

OH HECKADOODLE IT IS ONLY GODDAMN THURSDAY ISN'T IT

I am cackling in my office and am going to leave that typo in hopes that it will suddenly become Friday ahuehuehue~

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

ANYWAY BARD IS SO MUCH FUN NOW not that it ever sucked, just it's so twitchy and mobile and I HELP

I HELP PEOPLE

YOU WANT REFRESH AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME I'M YOUR SONGYPOO

THIS, THIS

Tank getting beat to shit AYY PALISADE, someone else getting beat to shit AYY NATURE'S MINNE, healers running out of MP AYY REFRESH; although I wish I could Palisade MYSELF, that is a thing that kind of makes me sad, also the fact that our crit songs don't affect us really now like I am the jukebox, let me benefit from my hard work ok.

2 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I'M TRYING REALLY HARD NOT TO CHUCKLE AT YOUR EXPENSE I'M SORRY YOU SUFFERED THROUGH THAT TRYING TIME IT IS NOT AMUSING NOPE NOT EVEN a little bit

hehehehehehe

It is REALLY FUNNY NOW actually and I will tell the story to anyone who will listen

At the time terror on the high seas

But now, LOLs for days~

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ixaera said:

If it becomes Friday you will be my hero, but I'm sorry to have broken the Friday magic :( The good news is that there's a Friday pretty close by.

The Friday radar is getting warmer....

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112