managed a but more room sorting, went through the rest of the book shelves, but couldn't see anything i wanted to get rid of. Might go through the music books more closely some other time, but otherwise it seems fine for the moment. If i run out of space some of the large nonfiction might get rehomed, but otherwise i think I've done most of the obvious ones. 

-finish sorting book shelves

- finish sorting jewellery hoard (be more ruthless)

-sort and organise art supplies (in progress)

-go through blanket box

-sort top of desk

-finish sorting boxes

-sort top of cupboard

- frame and hang pictures

- take things to charity shop

• Like 5

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

2 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Your sessions always sound like the “there is a small stage, people take turn” kind of session. I would sweat bullets doing those too so more power to you for getting up there. 

something ive learned is if you keep going like it was intentional, people dont tend to notice youve screwed up.

I have missed verses, screwed the words up, forgotten what comes next half way through, had tippers escape mid rhythum (always fun for the audience), sang the words with a completely unrelated tune, been poked in the face by guitars (cornish sessions tend to be short on space) and started on the wrong key meaning im trying to do a bat impression on the high notes (which is a regular occurrence when in nervous). 

most people are impressed simply by the fact you even got up to perform. 
One of the most common comments i get is “ gosh, your so brave, i could never stand up in front of all those people and sing (etc)”

What i can tell you, is it does get easier with repeated exposure. Best trick ive found is to try and zone out so its just me and the music and the people im playing with. Hard but it works well when i can get in the zone. 

😳 Man, that sounds both nerve wracking and fun. Good job taking part in that! 😃

• Thanks 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

13 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

Man, that sounds both nerve wracking and fun. Good job taking part in that

Been going to sessions since i was 16. I would have been younger but you weren't allowed in the tap room before that age back then. On a good night the crack is amazing and 100% worth it. Highly recommend even going to watch as they’re a great experience. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Oh, I somehow thought you were just practicing at home. I think it's amazing that you're going out and playing in front of others. Wonderful! And it's wonderful that you have a relaxed and supportive music and beer group.

Thanks. Yes, they’re a good low pressure group. 

• Like 3

Sunny out there today, but tired so taking it slow. Wanted to go for a decent walk and have packed lunch somewhere nice. Not happening today so hopefully tomorrow’s weather is good. 
started next weeks bujo pages. They are coming along nicely. 
planted out half a row of runner bean plants and got various small jobs done. 

gone over my calories this week by quite a bit as my brother and i had take away last night, so trying to offset it slightly and avoid all snacking in between meals. 

tried a packeted lentil thing with pea protein for lunch. Was apparently barbecue flavour. Not the biggest fan. Was really struggling to eat it by the end of the bowl. Might have been the colour (monotonous brown) might have been the pea protein aftertaste. Will not be buying again. 

seriously considering just making vegetarian chilli with lentils and chickpeas and portioning it off in to the freezer for days im too tired to cook. Ive been meaning to do this for ages and just havent got around to it. 

Going to room sort a bit more then get a solid nap in. They do help. 

ok. Important question time. Super hero/villan books. Is it sci fi, is it fantasy?

all the high tech science and labs, tech armour and aliens yells sci fi to me. But then you get the ones that have magic or fly becuase they were blessed by a god and i just dont know any more. 

Anyone have any ideas?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

think supernatural fiction is considered its own sub-genre of speculative fiction, along with fantasy and sci-fi (among others).

Oh, thats cool. And here was i thinking it was a subgenre of one or the other

• Like 1

I think Ever is right. Seems to me to be its own thing. 

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

ok. Important question time. Super hero/villan books. Is it sci fi, is it fantasy?

More important question: Is it enjoyable to read? ;) 

• That's Metal 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

Man, today is weird. I mean, really, really weird. I cannot settle at all, to anything. 
Have packed a bag to go out as i thought it might be slight cabin sickness. Cannot make my mind up where to go, or if i even want to be around humans right now. 
sorted a few things upstairs and put things away. Finally migrated all the small stuff (like lip salve and hair clips all the random crud that lives in the bottom of bags “just incase”) into my new bag (takes me a while to commit and adjust to new ones.) .

and now i am just vaguely wandering around poking things but not really getting much of anything done.

Lilo And Stitch GIF

• Like 3

Ok. Made myself go out for a walk. Now feel better. 

First day in sandles this year, managed to find what is probubly the only mud puddle in a 3 mile radius and go up to my ankles in it 😆. 100% worth it as it was such a nice day to be out. 
Cliffs are amazing out there at the moment. Photos do not do it justice inevitably (not for lack of trying). 
Saw early purple orchids, which are one of my favourites. They're a real indicator of the season changing for us and i always keep an eye out for them every year . Also Cormorants diving for fish, Caterpillars of several species, stonechats, so many flowers, gulls. was lovely. 
found a nice spot and just soaked up the view. 

Spoiler

IMG_9062.thumb.jpeg.46d63d4c2f892c8cbca098c6bea006f5.jpegIMG_9061.thumb.jpeg.89da8a391cead20972bac951361f488e.jpegIMG_9048.thumb.jpeg.df71c15e9278f7f88c33916fa0847511.jpegIMG_9042.thumb.jpeg.1abee5489eb60cfd98b81274d99018e4.jpegIMG_8991.thumb.jpeg.414472dd6db536dc50e16970086caa7c.jpeg

found a nice spot and did some plant sketching. Came out well. New 0.05 fine liner much nicer size for detailed drawrings. Was a lot of fun taking a sketchbook. Definitely going to start lugging one around as its a fun thing to do. 

IMG_9070.thumb.jpeg.8ea11f23a839532f839c42bec6cb7321.jpeg

weird thing to notice, but i had to adjust my sandles to be tighter as i was slopping around in them. Think I've lost some weight off my feet. Not an obvious spot, but its nice to feel the progress. 

sleep is going better, inspite of still waking up earlier than is ideal. Curtains mean im sleeping deeper so that is positive and afternoon naps definitely help. also the getting a change of scene is very positive for the energy and mood.  

• Like 6

Well, i just screwed up my calories for this week. Did exactly the same thing i did on thursday. Think i cracked why it is though. Seems to be one part boredom, one part tiredness with a side of not drinking enough (and also willpower failure, but thats another matter). Almost exactly the same time of day again, so its clearly also being hungry is the late afternoon. 
frustrating. Clearly something i need to work on. 

well, it is saturday. Will try to do better next week. Which is all you can do at the end of the day. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

The mid afternoon slump is a rough time of day for me, too.  Sometimes I hide in the opposite end of the house from the kitchen 😆 

Clearly open plan houses have a slight downside on this front 😆

• Like 1

Had lunch out with my brother at a new cafe. Really nice Middle eastern food. Had the most amazing falafel, humous and harissa salad thing with a homemade pitta on the side. Lots of red cabbage and pickles, was so good. 

trying to stop when i feel full. Can be difficult, especially if the dish is really nice. But its been something I've been trying to retrain myself with for a couple of years now. @Everstorm mentioned it in her challenge so it seemed like an opportune moment to reinforce good habits and be more mindful of what I'm eating. Not least as i feel I've been slipping into picking the wrong foods recently in between meals. 

What ive learnt over the last 7 weeks of doing 1450 calories is

a) its easier to maintain and less torturous for me

b) i really struggle to eat that many calories in just three meals and where i fall down is usually what i eat in between those meals. 

so (ironically) it circles back to one of my first challenge goals. choosing Healthy snacks. 

anyway. Went through my blanket box and had a sort. Its pretty small (and also mostly full of blankets) so the contents were as expected.  Chucked a couple of things and am currently mulling having a cull of some of my bags. I seem to end up with tons of the things (i swear they breed in the closets). 

- finish sorting book shelves

- finish sorting jewellery hoard (be more ruthless)

-sort and organise art supplies (in progress)

-go through blanket box

-sort top of desk

-finish sorting boxes

-sort top of cupboard

- frame and hang pictures

- take things to charity shop

my courgette and cucumber seeds are thankfully coming up, as the first lot failed miserably. Will possibly end up with too many, but there is plenty of space, so its not the worst thing. 

• Like 3

On 5/11/2024 at 8:44 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

First day in sandles this year, managed to find what is probubly the only mud puddle in a 3 mile radius and go up to my ankles in it 😆. 100% worth it as it was such a nice day to be out. 

I chuckled at this because 100% that's always me 😂

Cliffs are amazing out there at the moment. Photos do not do it justice inevitably (not for lack of trying). 

Hide contents

IMG_9062.thumb.jpeg.46d63d4c2f892c8cbca098c6bea006f5.jpegIMG_9061.thumb.jpeg.89da8a391cead20972bac951361f488e.jpegIMG_9048.thumb.jpeg.df71c15e9278f7f88c33916fa0847511.jpegIMG_9042.thumb.jpeg.1abee5489eb60cfd98b81274d99018e4.jpegIMG_8991.thumb.jpeg.414472dd6db536dc50e16970086caa7c.jpeg

Beautiful pictures! It looks like a nice day

weird thing to notice, but i had to adjust my sandles to be tighter as i was slopping around in them. Think I've lost some weight off my feet. Not an obvious spot, but its nice to feel the progress. 

Woo get those slim feet! I have heard that being a thing which I think is crazy but amazing. 

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

39 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I chuckled at this because 100% that's always me 😂

I know, right? Typical 😆. It was a great day though. Just one of those perfect summer days, that your half sure you cant be remembering right from when your a kid, but do actually exist. 

• That's Metal 2

Today is really raining. Which is good because we need it here. 
Blackbirds are looking very soggy this morning. The fledglings do not seem to like the rain and keep hiding under the cowl we have over the grain feeder. I dont blame them in all honesty. 

Half way through dustwalker by tiffany roberts, which i dug out of the tbr stack in my kindle app. Really enjoying it, but slightly jammed on it today as its getting to the climactic part of the story and i just dont know if im up for that right this second 😅. Might swap to something lighter and circle back to it in a couple of days. 

sleeping better despite still waking up 6:30. Quality of sleep is definitely higher. Still crashing out for a couple of hours in the afternoon when have a nap though. 

Just wanted to show this weeks pages. Did one of the really low energy spreads for the weekly thats become a go to when i am tired.  . Brushpen for the lettering (which is just my normal handwriting, not calligraphy) and tombow brushpen for the lines. Looks really effective. Minimal fuss. 
IMG_9134.thumb.jpeg.be074e58fb48908162cd6db0b449aa4a.jpeg

Did some flowers round the to do list on the spur of a whim and it looks really nice. Havent picked a colour yet. Might do them pink as i did draw them as cherry blossom.

IMG_9135.thumb.jpeg.04c0917387ff85144cdf4e02f11262ed.jpeg

stumbled across this amazing vid of daoiri farrel on jig tunes and am now completely hooked. Though i would inflict, i mean share it with you all. 

he is just the most amazing bouzouki player. Definetly an instrument id love to learn. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Ooh, I love the colours for your simple spread. Are they from the pastel Tombow pack? Your blossoms are gorgeous too. 

I love all the music you post. Such an educational experience for me. ❤️

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Ooh, I love the colours for your simple spread. Are they from the pastel Tombow pack

I buy mine singly so have no clue if they're in the pack im afraid. They are numbered 451 (the blue) and 243 (the green) if that helps.

13 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

love all the music you post. Such an educational experience for me.

Thanks 😄 i have rather random and eclectic  taste so its good to know you guys are enjoying the vids

• Like 1