Forums are back in action! ×

My three pieces:

Dragon with Norse Runes: The runes translate to say Chaos.  This piece is my reminder of when I was diagnosed with depression as a teenager and all of the struggles I've been through and have yet to go through.

Phoenix with Norse Runes: These runes translate to say Law.  This piece reminds me that every day we are reborn, that if we want to we can do a do-over on most things.

You could say those two are my ying/yang..I knew when I got the dragon that I fully intended to get the Phoenix as well..unfortunately my first artist really jacked up the dragon, I was able to get some of it fixed but the tail is still messed up.  I'm planning to eventually do a shoulder piece with a half sleeve and do a partial coverup on the tail to fix it.

Final piece is my Maltese Cross with the Stars and Stripes: Pretty straightforward for the most part, my personal tribute to God and Country.  And yes, I found out I have an insanely high pain tolerance level.  It does have white ink added now which isn't pictured, this is just the best picture I have at the moment.

post-33053-0-75443300-1413092787_thumb.j

post-33053-0-23714600-1413092796_thumb.j

post-33053-0-85847000-1413092804_thumb.j

• Like 2

IMG 20131227 00286

I got this tattoo on my upper back just a few days after I finished grad school to celebrate. I'll get my next tattoo when I feel I've earned it by doing something really big and significant.  :)

It is hidden in most formal clothing, but I can show it off in low backed dresses too when I feel like it.

I have ear piercings too, since I was a kid.

• Like 2

Level 1 Respawned Rebel

Current Challenge 1: Quarkle has to clean up (19th March - 15th April 2018)

"Trouble? I call it sport"

I started getting tattooed in the 80s, when basically only bikers and criminals had them.  I've got, oh... 40 or so.  I honestly don't know.  When I was in my 20s, people would cross the street when they saw me coming (true story!) because I was heavily inked to the point that it made people nervous.  Now days, I can walk into the local gas station and if five people are in there, three of them will have full sleeves and neck tattoos.  It amazes me how much things have changed.  

• Like 4

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

I don't have any tattoos currently, but I would like to get a blue koi fish on my left forearm. I like the ancient Japanese story of koi swimming up the Yellow River to become dragons. They say koi tattoos are symbols of self-improvement, perseverance, and ambition.

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

Ooh, tattoo conversation!

I'm hoping to get another tattoo done sometime this year. I already have a fair number. Large lower back, one half-sleeve, small one on other shoulder (this is the arm I want to get more work on), medium-large chestpiece, small stomach one, small one on back of one upper leg, another bigger one on half my other upper leg. Most tend to be covered up, most people only ever see the chest piece and arm tattoos.

I just keep thinking of new tattoos to get. It is absolutely a form of art :)

• Like 1

BellaDonna the level 3 Nymph Assassin

STR 5|DEX 6|CON 8|STA 4|WIS 4|CHA 4

Origin Story, First, Second, Third Challenge

BellaDonna's Battle Log

I have a black dragon on my back, which is visible on my progress photos, and a black dragon on the inside of my left wrist. I want to get the Tough Mudder emblem tattooed on my foot, a lioness on the front of one thigh and a tigress on the front of the other.

The Mudder because doing the first one changed my life and I plan on doing them every year for the rest of my life. On my foot because I am CONSTANTLY looking at my feet and saying 'come on feet!' when I need to get stuff done.

The lionness and tigress because I am a leo born in the year of the tigre and I love the power of both species. On my thighs because it has taken me a long, LONG time to realize that although my legs are not slender or shapely, they are STRONG.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I have a black dragon on my back, which is visible on my progress photos, and a black dragon on the inside of my left wrist. I want to get the Tough Mudder emblem tattooed on my foot, a lioness on the front of one thigh and a tigress on the front of the other.

The Mudder because doing the first one changed my life and I plan on doing them every year for the rest of my life. On my foot because I am CONSTANTLY looking at my feet and saying 'come on feet!' when I need to get stuff done.

The lionness and tigress because I am a leo born in the year of the tigre and I love the power of both species. On my thighs because it has taken me a long, LONG time to realize that although my legs are not slender or shapely, they are STRONG.

1. I love dragons. dragon tats are amazing. I'm wanting at least 2. maybe more. who knows.

2. by "on my foot" I assume you mean the top. I know everyone has a different pain tolerance, but my tattoo on my foot was the most painful experience of my life. more painful than labor (before I got an epidural). not only is the skin right there sensitive, but theres basically no padding, so its all on bone. I think your tattoo idea is a great one, I just wanted to give you a heads up (in case no one has told you before)

My Epic Quest

Follow me on Duolingo

1. I love dragons. dragon tats are amazing. I'm wanting at least 2. maybe more. who knows.

2. by "on my foot" I assume you mean the top. I know everyone has a different pain tolerance, but my tattoo on my foot was the most painful experience of my life. more painful than labor (before I got an epidural). not only is the skin right there sensitive, but theres basically no padding, so its all on bone. I think your tattoo idea is a great one, I just wanted to give you a heads up (in case no one has told you before)

Thanks for the heads up. I've heard it'll be painful and that's almost party of why I want it there. My first tough mudder want easy but it was life changing. It gave me that one thing I could point to and say 'I'm proud if this is what defined me'.

But it helps that I have a high pain tolerance to. My back tat is on my spine and across the back of my ribs.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

My wife and I both have tattoos on top of our feet and both agree it was one of the least painful places to get work done.

My ribs, sternum, collarbone, and shin up around my knee are the places I think of when I think "that hurt"

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

I have a ring on one of my hands, and right before he started, the tattooist looked me dead in the eyes and stated "This is one of the most painful places to get a tattoo, and seeing as its your first one, its going to be a surprising hurt." it ended up tickling and not hurting a bit. like I said, everyone has a different sensitivity. I didn't mind how much my foot hurt, no matter how painful it was. I'm going to eventually get something on my other foot too.

My Epic Quest

Follow me on Duolingo

Finally got round to getting a good picture of my tats. Here are mine (hope this works properly):

d13104266465d1d6ff39092f0a4ee29e.jpg

Had the dragon done about 8 years ago and the flower a few years later. Then had the Phoenix done about a year ago.

I think the Phoenix hurt the most around the ribs but not enough that I don't want another one soon!

• Like 9

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Marathon Tattoo

the left side is my wife's which is on her left calf

the right side is mine which is on my right calf

PWmG5oIm.jpg?1

Quote on my left shin

VFewsjbm.jpg

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Hello all!

I'm pretty new to the tattoo game, only have 4 atm. I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I'm a huge Greek Mythology fan and I want to eventually get a full sleeve of Hades, Persephone, Cerberus, and an underworld themed background. Only problem is I have no clue what artist to go to... The ones in my area are decent but I'm looking for someone to really work with me and get everything perfect and sadly the ones in this area haven't been able to nail what I want.

I don't mind traveling or paying a crazy amount if I get what I want. It would start as a half sleeve due to work restrictions but I'm working on finishing my degree and getting a new job that I won't have to worry about a full sleeve. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears!

Thank you

-Tixnleeches

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge : Completed.

Second Challenge : In progress.

Tixnleeches Epic Quest (Life Goals) : In Progress