Forums are back in action! ×

Pleased to meet you

Hello, all!

I'm very excited to join this community and am getting myself revved up for the coming 6-week challenge. It's a wonderful idea and looks like its perfectly executed; all we have to do is give our best.

I'm Patricia, and currently living in Alberta, Canada. I am back at school for a second go. My fitness goal is really to loose the excess fat I've collected over the past 29 years. I've just taken up swimming again, and tried some yoga for the first time yesterday (both of which are so good for a back injury of mine from a few years ago). I'm also a lover of many fitness dvds. I also love food, though. So in addition to making exercise a regular thing, I want to learn to listen to my body's hunger/fullness cues and treat it with respect. Please do share any advice you may have!

• Like 1

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Hey fellow Albertan, welcome to the site! 

I'm also working on learning to recognize hunger/satiety cues. I've found it useful, if I'm deciding whether I'm still hungry or not, to wait about 20 minutes and then see if I still want more to eat or if I've moved on.

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Welcome to the rebellion...I've realized that listening to my body was harder than I expected after all the years of telling it to hush ;) I also love food and unfortunately thought that meant I had to eat it all NOW or I would never have another chance! It's wonderful to finally have a healthy relationship with food :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda