Forums are back in action! ×

Shy nerd would like to say hello

Hello, I'm a new member looking forward to joining the upcoming challenge. I'm not very good at talking to people, but everyone seems really friendly and nice, so I thought I should stop lurking behind my keyboard and join in.  :smile-new:  Let's see, about me. I really like arts and crafts - any kind of fiber art (quilting, crochet, weaving), drawing, etc. I have an unholy number of projects planned or half completed. I also love ballet, hiking and reading. 

My first focus will actually be on fitness and diet. A desk job and really bad eating habits have taken a toll. I've gone from skinny to medium sized (read: put on 20 pounds of fat with no muscle), and my head seems to be in a constant gray fog. My days are spent oozing about like a giant slug instead of doing things I enjoy. I hope that improving my diet and starting to move again will clear my head. Bodyweight or strength training will help me get back on pointe in ballet, and I think tracking hikes for the "walk to Mordor" thing would fun. I'll need a bit of a kick in the pants to get moving - as my brother says, we do our best work when cornered like a rat in a trap and under constant supervision.  :redface:

I got a bit confused reading through all the instructions, but I think my next steps are to sign up somewhere and then create my challenge thread in the Level 1 Rebels? I'm looking forward to joining in and making some new friends!

• Like 1

Aspiring Master Artisan and Ballerina

Welcome! We actually have lot of people around who are into knitting/crochet and have a group set up on Ravelry, though I don't know if it's very active anymore (I like crafting, but rarely make time for it). We -are- generally nice, glad you've stopped lurking!

Diet can definitely have a huge effect on how you feel. I've played with Paleo a bit and definitely feel less groggy when I'm not eating gluten. That's awesome that you're into ballet! We have a few other dancers and gymnasts around that could probably help inspire you if you need help figuring out how to supplement your workouts.

And yep! If you're planning on participating in the next challenge, you've joined up at just the right time. Head on over to the Level 1 area and make a challenge thread for yourself. If you have any questions be sure to ask! Chat is a good place to stop by and get quick answers usually too :)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Welcome to the rebellion...don't forget the sign up sheet! See you in the level 1 forum! ;)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Thank you for the greetings everyone!

I've posted my first challenge in Level 1 Rebels, so I guess I'm getting started. Thanks for letting me know about the Ravelry group too! Thus far, I've mostly used my Ravelry account for lurking other people's projects and finding new patterns (which I don't make), but I'll be sure to check it out.  :tickled_pink:

Aspiring Master Artisan and Ballerina