Low energy continues, still haven't bounced back from the bug i had a couple of months ago. 
so, current plan, try to recharge and do everything i can to help this situation. (Yes, this means more napping. No i am not the happiest about this). 

so goals and suchlike. 

sort sleep cycle

continue the routine of 10pm lights out and getting up within half an hour of waking

Really want to get this one to become something i don't have to think so much about. When it goes wrong it majorly impacts my energy levels, so its top of the list this challenge. If i dont sleep well, i dont recharge and it basically screws up the next 24hrs+ 

Afternoon Naps:

yes, back again. They help, i dislike them (proof that you can definitely have too much of a good thing).

I am considering bribing myself on this one. Books seem like a sensible enticement. 

bard practice:

2x mando practice a week. 

good to keep the habit going and it always helps my mood.  Still want to learn chords but am not going to make big goals this month. I can always add extra things later if i feel less exhausted. 

Reduce the TBR:

I am making this slightly less strict this challenge, due to initial energy levels (which means i can only manage to read certain things. Dyslexia is a pain sometimes kids). 
so. Id like to manage 10 books from the TBR. This seems a reasonable number and if i do more then great. Otherwise no pressure. 

chances are i will probubly end up buying a few books this month. I have read to death many of my low energy options (yes, i have a folder just of particular books that fit in this category for me.). Looking in the folder of unread low energy picks (yes, also have one of those) i definitely have enough to do 10 with no problem 

sorting the room:

Ongoing project. Made good progress last month but still lots to do. 

currently sorting my art supplies as i want to have a proper bash at learning sketching and calligraphy and just generally getting back into art. There is so much stuff in there and some of it is 20+ years old so i have no idea what is still good. Chances are some of it has gone off, been used up or is stuff id like to update or replace. 
also all my beading crud is in there in a big snarl, so that is going to be a fun but time consuming job. 

-finish sorting book shelves

- finish sorting jewellery hoard (be more ruthless)

-sort and organise art supplies

-go through blanket box

-sort top of desk

-finish sorting boxes

-sort top of cupboard

- frame and hang pictures

- take things to charity shop

Miscellaneous 

i want to make a point of getting out more. Once or twice a week. Even if its just for a cup of tea. Helps my mood, mood helps my energy. Insert circle of life song here.

bujo is ongoing. Really enjoying the art side of it. At some point i want to start a proper sketch book and do some decent practice drawing hands and flowers and all the things i have in my head but cant currently get onto the page properly. This will obviously not be the month for that, but its in the mix for later. 

this months theme is gardening. It just kind of picked itself. I swear i was going to do teacups and then started drawing leaves. Ho hum.

the exercise log was fun to do though, so plants won.

IMG_8755.thumb.jpeg.f1af496ad8e13acba25497bf2ff0340e.jpeg

as usual, cooking and trying new recipes will hopefully happen. But ive decided not to make this a goal as it was the first one to fall by the wayside last challenge and this month I'm trying not to push myself. If it happens, it happens. 

• Like 9

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

• Sea-to-sky changed the title to Recharge protocol (sea-to-sky)
  • Sea-to-sky changed the title to sea-to-sky : Recharge protocol

OOOOH, love the tracker. Here to cheer of course!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love the leaves!

I hope this is the challenge that you recover from the current malady ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

“If you're reading this, you must be in dire need of a change. The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong.”
— Grandpa's Letter from Stardew Valley

🇺🇸 Adventurer 🇬🇧

🌳🦉🌳

Current Challenge: Stardew Valley

Slow day today. Incessant rain most of the day so i feel justified in not going out. 
collected a big tub of spider plant cuttings, which i am going to pot up (mostly as i hate to waste them, but i figure they will make nice presents). 
Finished another bujo page and added sketches to a couple more. Gone back to wall calendar style for the monthly as it works better for me (even if they are fiddlier to make on lined paper. Hoping when i get a dot journal these will be simpler).  Had a fun idea to do the water tracker as flowers in a climbing plant. Just have to pick something i can draw reasonably stylised. 

IMG_8758.thumb.jpeg.f7c21be816ef4ae912b7828824d56b33.jpeg
got to use my new washi tape for the first time. Good for covering up screw ups.plus it looks pretty 

reading another cassandra gannon book (why, yes. I am working my way through her back catalogue 😆) this one is dinosaurs. Not as taken with it as some of her other books but its fine and undemanding reading. 
For the record, Once upon a caveman  was delightful though. Is probably going in my “everything sucks” folder for when i am really low mood wise. Odd concept (which is kind of her niche) but i just made me happy. 

• Like 4

a. your art is always a treat

b. I admire how you set yourself goals that are a mix of unfun tasks and fun tasks, like knocking down your TBR (also I just started an Eden Finley romance).

c. I know you don't have an FMS diagnosis, but Laura has to do the exact same kind of recovery when she gets hit with a cold. It just knocks her down for a fortnight and then she's weak and rebuilding for another month. FFS!

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

15 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

For the record, Once upon a caveman  was delightful though. Is probably going in my “everything sucks” folder for when i am really low mood wise. Odd concept (which is kind of her niche) but i just made me happy. 

This looks fascinating, and now I have to investigate this author.

• Like 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

9 hours ago, Laghail said:

I admire how you set yourself goals that are a mix of unfun tasks and fun tasks, like knocking down your TBR (also I just started an Eden Finley romance).

Works well for me, so it seemed sensible to keep doing it. Fun is Good for my mental health 😄 or thats the excuse I'm going with anyway. I a, managing to stick pretty religiously to some of the small but less fun goals that only appear in my battle journal, like tracking my calories, weighting every week. So some fun ones to balance the mix makes sense. Not worth torturing youself after all. My whole goal with this entire thing was not just loosing weight or healthy eating, but making my life more balanced and so i was enjoying it more (im not wording that well, but hopefully you guys get the idea). I want to make space for the things i enjoy and make me happy, and also hopefully find some new stuff that makes my life richer. 

9 hours ago, Laghail said:

I know you don't have an FMS diagnosis, but Laura has to do the exact same kind of recovery when she gets hit with a cold. It just knocks her down for a fortnight and then she's weak and rebuilding for another month. FFS!

Same for me, Basically. Last 5 or so years it has been much better. But my immune system does not like viruses and reacts badly to the delightful post covid mixes we are currently cohabiting with on this planet. My one consolation is Everyone else is having similar boomerang flu type stuff here so at least its not just me.

taking forever to bounce back is a pest though, especially now the weather is nicer. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

This looks fascinating, and now I have to investigate this author

Highly recommend 

Wicked, ugly, bad and Not another vampire book

currently reading Ghost walk, which is looking very promising too. 

she has a very tounge in cheek writing style which appeals to my quirky sense of humor. Wont be everyones cup of tea, but if you like your comedys whith a dollop of whimsy and with a heavy dose of sarcasm she is probubly worth checking out

• Like 2

Got out and had a nice walk and a cup of tea today whilst the weather was good. 
move the pelargoniums out of the greenhouse (need to prune them all. They got too cold in the winter and have lost some stems). 

IMG_8779.thumb.jpeg.9ab36bf95c9afc8abc1f9e80806afb9b.jpeg

had salmon salad for lunch. Bit cold for it today but would repeat in the summer. 

Working on the mood tracker for my bujo. Trying to learn to draw tulips. Wishing i had more greens…again. Not like i have 6 greens already or anything. Why do you never have quite the colour you want?

Edit: well having a nap does admittedly help. 
yes, i know, why am i surprised. 

started in on the moon tracker. Going for tulips in pots. Tulip drawring practice is ongoing. Not quite up to trying parrot tulips yet i think 😆

IMG_8780.thumb.jpeg.57111bf4a8c9265b0c760972dc714d82.jpeg

• Like 6

On 4/29/2024 at 10:01 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

finish sorting jewellery hoard (be more ruthless)

Can I just say I relate to needing to be ruthless when sifting things out? 😅

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

17 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

Can I just say I relate to needing to be ruthless when sifting things out? 😅

Im especially bad when it comes to shinies. Clearly corvid somewhere in the family tree. Trying to reduce the amount of crud i have that is sentimental is hard but nessisary . My sister is excellent at this, so unsentimental about getting rid of things.  Trying to channel that at the moment, but its a struggle. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Im especially bad when it comes to shinies. Clearly corvid somewhere in the family tree. Trying to reduce the amount of crud i have that is sentimental is hard but nessisary . My sister is excellent at this, so unsentimental about getting rid of things.  Trying to channel that at the moment, but its a struggle. 

I had a coworker/friend who had no sentimental feelings toward anything she'd outgrown, and I relied on her body doubling to accomplish a go-through-my-stuff purge of college left overs. So I get what you mean. X)

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

18 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Highly recommend 

Wicked, ugly, bad and Not another vampire book

currently reading Ghost walk, which is looking very promising too. 

she has a very tounge in cheek writing style which appeals to my quirky sense of humor. Wont be everyones cup of tea, but if you like your comedys whith a dollop of whimsy and with a heavy dose of sarcasm she is probubly worth checking out

And she is on Kindle Unlimited! Excellent. Starting with the Wicked, Ugly, Bad one because that title looks promising :) 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

6 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

And she is on Kindle Unlimited! Excellent. Starting with the Wicked, Ugly, Bad one because that title looks promising

I am halfway through ghost walk and absolutely loving it, so also a good one to check out.

• Like 1

Actually slept well last night! Oh my god it feels so much better. Hopefully catch up on more sleep in the coming week 🤞

Out and about today. Went for a cup of tea with my mother and then to get some seeds. Came away with a lovely lilac and an angels fishing rod plant for over the pond. 

bujo pages ongoing. trying to draw clematis plants today for the water tracker. Got tired 2/3 of the way through so quality kind of dropped a bit on the flowers themselves. But i am my own worst critic so i suspect it wont be quite as noticeable once its done. Still need to do the leaves on most of it, but its looking nice.

IMG_8782.thumb.jpeg.eabb4a1e7d4108a7bbe3d248d9333d05.jpeg

on the offchance anyone likes the idea and wants a go. Each vine is a different week. May is aukward so only has 5 days in a couple of weeks. Thus the odd numbers of blossoms on the very left and right vines. 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

It's already lovely, and I'm sure filling them in when you accomplish water goals will be very satisfying. ❤️

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

I'm especially bad when it comes to shinnies. Clearly corvid somewhere in the family tree. Trying to reduce the amount of crud i have that is sentimental is hard but necessary . My sister is excellent at this, so unsentimental about getting rid of things.  Trying to channel that at the moment, but its a struggle. 

I'm a little sad you don't have Blue Jay's in the UK. Magpies are a close second but these fellows are the prettiest corvid IMHO.

Blue Jays--Key to Forest Recovery — Woods & Waters Land Trust

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

21 minutes ago, Laghail said:

I'm a little sad you don't have Blue Jay's in the UK. Magpies are a close second but these fellows are the prettiest corvid IMHO

We have jays. Just not the blue ones. Personally i am quite fond of crows and jackdaws. Blujays are very pretty critters though
IMG_8785.thumb.jpeg.f67d2876f0a64d01069108fc62fd0200.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

We have jays. Just not the blue ones. Personally i am quite fond of crows and jackdaws. Blujays are very pretty critters though
IMG_8785.thumb.jpeg.f67d2876f0a64d01069108fc62fd0200.jpeg

Gosh what gorgeous creatures!!! I will fully agree that jackdaw is the best corvid name. 

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

Discovered this morning i can now fit into my favourite pair of boots, that i haven't been able to do up for several years! Really made my day 😄

IMG_8791.thumb.jpeg.35ae5964c087eadb517c6dcb7cd07191.jpeg

IMG_8793.thumb.jpeg.6574fd4d066d290a7e9e59ea7297a5ce.jpeg

they have been knocking around in my room for ages so need a but of tlc. But it feels great to be wearing them again. 

• That's Metal 4