Forums are back in action! ×

Bummer the weather foiled your fire plans.   The play sounds really fun though!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

14 hours ago, Shello said:

Bummer the weather foiled your fire plans.   The play sounds really fun though!

I know! I was going to do my Tom Hanks impression from Castaway!

The play was SO much fun. I'm looking forward to more plays. My nephew has inspired my brother, who is now looking for local theater houses to join and audition for plays. :D 

• Like 3

We are all set for my nephew Bert to move in next week. There was a minute when it looked like we'd never have the room ready, but it's ready.  I am not ready. He's not ready either :D He still has to pass his driver's exam, so he's got a big week ahead of him with taking his test and then moving in with us. 

What isn't ready is the room my Visiting Uncle stays in. HAHAHAHA!!! IT's covered in boxes of stuff from the old sewing room which is now Bert's room. :D  We have until Thanksgiving to get it ready. WHY DO WE HAVE SO MUCH YARN?!?! :D :D 

I think between the two of us, we could be crafty for another five years at least lol

• Like 6

I'm not sure you can have too much yarn.  I'm thinking again about creating a yarn wall.  It would be so pretty I wouldn't even need to craft with it!  

I'm sure it'll be so exciting to have Bert move in... at least for a bit!  :) 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

24 minutes ago, Shello said:

I'm not sure you can have too much yarn.  I'm thinking again about creating a yarn wall.  It would be so pretty I wouldn't even need to craft with it!  

I'm sure it'll be so exciting to have Bert move in... at least for a bit!  :) 

A yarn wall! Would you have the yarn on display like in skeins? Would it hang down like a curtain? TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE WALL!

Honestly, I think it will be really nice to have Bert here.  He's pretty chill. If it was Ernie, it would be a LOT harder. My brother was tellling me how he had to yell at Ernie to stop practicing his saxophone at midnight the other day LOL.  Bert is just gonna wanna get his homework done and play video games and eat too much pizza. :D 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

A yarn wall! Would you have the yarn on display like in skeins? Would it hang down like a curtain? TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE WALL!

Reroll skeins into center pull balls, then put on a peg board of some sort.  

image.jpeg.b9ca53e03da374a362633c41f44e7334.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

eat too much pizza. :D 

My favorite!

• Wow 1
  • That's Metal 2

I finished crocheting this adorable Panda. The pattern for him is on this Etsy shop. He looks like a bean. A big ol' fluffy bean. I used Bernat Blanket Yarn. I also didn't have the right sized eyeballs so I made some out of felt, and he's so happy!

panda.jpg.cef278b9089e8c354a7618419e13aa68.jpg

I dunno what to make for dinner tomorrow. What are you making for dinner? I wanna steal your ideas!

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 4

14 hours ago, Shello said:

...and then you need even more yarn, so you actually have some to craft with... ?

• Haha 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I dunno what to make for dinner tomorrow. What are you making for dinner? I wanna steal your ideas!

chicken enchiladas!

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

panda.jpg.cef278b9089e8c354a7618419e13aa68.jpg

He's so cute!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Tacos, of course.

It IS tuesday! This was my original plan and then no one wanted tacos!! Maybe next week. Lol

9 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

...and then you need even more yarn, so you actually have some to craft with... ?

I read this as “somebody to craft with” and thought “crafting with friends is fun!”

4 hours ago, Shello said:

chicken enchiladas!

Yesss that sounds good!

4 hours ago, Shello said:

He's so cute!!

Thank you! My mom has definitely claimed him, which makes me really happy. 

tonight’s dinner is gonna be… BURGERS. the nephew doesnt like ground beef and Mom and Dad have mentioned burgers five times in the last few days between them so I’m making burgers. Lately when we go out, the burgers are so salty! I mean, I like flavor, but I want to taste more than salt. So these burgers will be delicious and not too salty. We’re also eat kale salad. Dad is especially excited for burgers. 

Bert didnt pass his drivers test; the parallel parking got him. My brother said he’s not taking failing well, and who likes failing really?  He’ll try again tomorrow! My brother teased him and said they’d get ice cream if he passed. And I said “that would motivate ME!”

Friday is my turn to cook again so please keep sharing your dinner plans so I can hoard them in my notebook ?.Hungry Yogi Bear GIF by Boomerang Official

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Friday is my turn to cook again so please keep sharing your dinner plans so I can hoard them in my notebook ?.

I'm really craving grilled brats.  I think next week might be a grilling week. 

• Like 2

We burned the giant pile of stuff in the fire pit yesterday! the pile was getting tall, so I'm really glad we burned it. Mom and I also pulled out a dead pine bush by the firepit. It was so dead we didn't even need a tool, I just twisted it, and then Mom and I pulled it together.  It was so dead that it made a great "Woomph!" noise as the fire immediate ate it all up. When I look out my bathroom window now, the fire pit is empty, and the dead bush is gone, and I feel a deep peace in my soul.  Mom was like "this stuff really bothered you!" and I said "Yes, it really did."

Bert failed his driver's test again. The person giving the test said he takes turns too wide, stops too abruptly and makes too many microcorrections. Basically, he's needs more practice driving. Even if Bert can pass his test, my brother will ride with him to school for the first few weeks because it's a 40 minute drive, and he'll be driving my car now, and it's just too much. So Bro is gonna go with him until he passes his test AND feels confident driving.  It's a good plan.

I'm looking forward to Bert getting settled in. Everything is unsettled now and I don't like feeling unsettled. LOL.  I'm also hungry, but THAT I can do something about. :D  

• Like 6

Snarky I missed that you were updating here again, sorry!! So excited to see you! ?

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Update:

Bert moved in Saturday, and it's going really well. He cleans up after himself in the bathroom, and his room was tidy today so I could vacuum and take out the trash. My only complaint is he leaves the toilet seat up which really irks me after I asked him not to do that, but I realized he's only done it in our shared bathroom, not in any other bathroom, so I think he figures since my Dad doesn't use that bathroom, he can leave the seat up, because I can see to lower it, vs the other bathrooms where my Dad may go into and fall in the toilet. Honestly it's the ONLY complaint I have right now. I remember other boys rooms when I worked in residence life, so it's kinda like.. not worth it.  I know he's making an effort.

I bought myself a rope basket from Target to put all my lotions in and it looks like a gift basket to myself. I love it. It's silly, but I love it. 

OH! I remember what I wanted to tell you! Bert ALSO passed his driver's test, so he's licensed to drive now :D  My brother is still driving with him to school for a while until Bert gets settled into driving the route, and it went well today. 

There are other things, but I can't remember and I need to make dinner soon. TTYS!

• Like 5

Okay the nephew doesnt like beef, cream sauces, casseroles. My mom is tired of pork and chicken and pizza is out because he just ate an entire frozen pizza. Wtf do I make for dinner?  Any fish or vegetarian recipes? Oh AND it has to be soft because my Dad’s dentures are causing him pain and he has to wait to get them fixed. 

?

mashed potatoes? I am gonna cry into my cook book. Heeeelp!

oh! Bert is leaving the seat down now. I have no complaints anymore. 

Anyone watching the paralympics? I loved the opening ceremony, I thought it was beautiful

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Okay the nephew doesnt like beef, cream sauces, casseroles. My mom is tired of pork and chicken and pizza is out because he just ate an entire frozen pizza. Wtf do I make for dinner?  Any fish or vegetarian recipes? Oh AND it has to be soft because my Dad’s dentures are causing him pain and he has to wait to get them fixed. 

?

mashed potatoes? I am gonna cry into my cook book. Heeeelp!

Lentil soup?

• Like 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Adventures: Adventurers Wanted: A West-Marches Campaign

10 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Anyone watching the paralympics? I loved the opening ceremony, I thought it was beautiful

Saw bits and pieces of it. Far less chaotic than the Olympics' opening ceremony... ?

• Like 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

14 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Lentil soup?

He doesn't care for soup! They are just wet casseroles. I give up. It’s gonna be pierogies and turkey kielbasa. But I can’t make everyone happy, so I am going for softer and easy to chew and everyone else who isn't the blind guy with a sore mouth can fend for themselves if they don't like it.  Blarg! 

I will probably make soup too this weekend and lentil is a great suggestion.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I give up. It’s gonna be pierogies and turkey kielbasa. But I can’t make everyone happy, so I am going for softer and easy to chew and everyone else who isn't the blind guy with a sore mouth can fend for themselves if they don't like it.  Blarg! 

I was just going to comment the same thing.  He's a strong young man.  If he doesn't like what you would already make for the family he can fix something himself.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A friend of mine passed away this week after a long illness. This summer brought four deaths of people I knew personally, and it just feels a little heavy right now. I've been sitting in my feelings for a while, and I'm glad I was able to take a few days to do that. 

Bert living here has been good for Bert. He's happy, he's really cheerful. He's LOUD. I've had to ask him to be quiet after 10pm, because even my ear plugs can't muffle his voice, and I've had to remind him that the toilet seats have to go down or else he's going to be the one picking up a blind, wet, furious grandfather. We'll see if it sinks in.  I'm aware that while what he's doing IS annoying, my level of annoyance is also grief-influenced, and I'm just walking away a lot to breathe deeply and think.

I've decided to get back to focusing on my health. I mean, I have been, but I didn't lose weight in August, and I feel like I'm so distracted now with Bert living here, and my brother coming up every day to ride with him to school, and my Dad is just mentally unwell right now because it's his dead parent's birthdays and he's having nightmares about them, and Mom and I are so TIRED.  So I'm going back to tracking for a while, and I think I'm going to hop back into challenges and then revisit where I'm going from there.   

But tonight we're getting pizza and hanging out and I'm going to relax with my nephew and focus on the parts of him I like. There are a lot, and I'll probably come back to list some of those tonight. See you then! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3