Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

No worries dude it's taken me 23 years to start to open up :tongue:

Heck I'm 44 and it's still tough for me to...the worst is when I start to respond to something then think "oh that sounds stupid, no one wants to read that" and delete it...I think that is why I'm not sub'd to most of the threads I thought I was! :)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Heck I'm 44 and it's still tough for me to...the worst is when I start to respond to something then think "oh that sounds stupid, no one wants to read that" and delete it...I think that is why I'm not sub'd to most of the threads I thought I was! :)

I only have this problem in PM's, it's almost a microcosm for my real life...I seem all extroverted and confident and bubbly and shit on the forums, like I have some kind of clue how to interact with people, and then I get to more private conversations and stick my whole leg down my throat (vs. my foot in my mouth ;) ) and think "omg I sound like a crazy moron/stalker/pyscho and they probably think I'm REALLY screwed up now"

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I only have this problem in PM's, it's almost a microcosm for my real life...I seem all extroverted and confident and bubbly and shit on the forums, like I have some kind of clue how to interact with people, and then I get to more private conversations and stick my whole leg down my throat (vs. my foot in my mouth ;) ) and think "omg I sound like a crazy moron/stalker/pyscho and they probably think I'm REALLY screwed up now"

Yep, similarly I am guaranteed to say the worst possible thing at the WRONG time.  It's never intentional, but it happens.

• Like 4

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

That sounds like a neat party trick...  :tongue:

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

That sounds like a neat party trick...  :tongue:

case in point, prior to realizing you were in fact a female, I ALMOST PM'd you after stalking reading your profile, and made a comment about cute guys in business suits, then something triggered in my little peabrain and I thought "wait wait, I think Silver is a girl, you big dummy" and I hit cancel instead. So yeah...exhibit A!

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

case in point, prior to realizing you were in fact a female, I ALMOST PM'd you after stalking reading your profile, and made a comment about cute guys in business suits, then something triggered in my little peabrain and I thought "wait wait, I think Silver is a girl, you big dummy" and I hit cancel instead. So yeah...exhibit A!

I personally think her reaction would have been hilarious lol

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I wish you hadn't cancelled it. I thought you didn't want to talk to me after all... (jk) Now I want to harass Simon so he'll post a picture of himself in a business suit. :D

Oh yes, I saw the message before you cancelled it. I don't really mind being stalked on a forum. Just in real life.

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Lol Teirin, yea I"m just going to go this way and do this thing.......

Ok so do people really use pm's to hook up with each other? not saying that you are Bekkah; just in general?

No clue, it hasn't ever been my sole intention, but I am sure it happens. I just come off as a crazy person and they run away before it ever gets far enough for me to get that that's the point! lololol

I personally think her reaction would have been hilarious lol

It may have been, but my ego was fragile that day and even a joke might have made me cry, today however it would be hilarious for sure!!

I wish you hadn't cancelled it. I thought you didn't want to talk to me after all... (jk) Now I want to harass Simon so he'll post a picture of himself in a business suit. :D

LOL! It certainly wasnt that :) I just quit while I was ahead before I said something even more stupid than usual. Yeah...post more pics Simon, that way we can all tell you how cute you are and boost your confidence today :)

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

THat's me! Sort of. In real life.

Anxiety and shyness mean that when I speak to people I'll often babble, ramble, tangent and probably come off as a self-centred narcissist who is often inappropriate (though at varying levels) because I am not very good at talking to people. So instead of talking to people who aren't: my immediate family; my close RL friends; my online friends; my family and a few neighbours (within the comfort of my home and with another immediate family member present) I go extremely quiet, demure, polite and deferential. Yes, I know the overlap between those words is quite extensive, but I don't care because they all apply to me.

Also my body language collapses.

I fear making faux pas in conversation unless I know I have a safety net of some sorts woven from close familiarity with my . . . oddness.

In some ways this is better than being 'normal' or conforming to people's expectations, but in some ways it's worse. I can talk to people I see in person for less than one week a year with more freedom and familiarity than I do my favourite aunt.

Still, progress in all forms.

. . .

Though I do have to wonder now just how many of my relatives know about my non-cisgender and non-hetero status . . .

• Like 2

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

Sydney Mardi Gras is held at the end of Feb, beginning March, hit and miss weather, 25 degree C or 35 degree C, so if your into hot pants and string singlets a good thing, if you are into fireman Uniforms not so comfortable.

We will have to wait and see what the weather Gods throw out this year, I'm hoping gorgeous Sydney weather like you see on the commercials!

I went last year. Was my first time. Got slightly chilly weather, to just barely warm and humid during the noon hours. Was good. I never felt the chill (went on 6 day bender....)  I learned many things on this trip, gained many stories. #1 tip for someone who is attending the first time: *** DO NOT TRUST *** The Homeless folk in the French District for directions when the bars shut down. THEY LIE TO YOU!!!!!

The welcoming committee seems to have overlooked you. My apologies. Welcome dude, this place is wonderful. I hope you feel at home :)

I missed the welcoming committee too. But I'm the type that tends to walk into parties where no one knows me and be my own welcoming committee. I think it worked out like that here. I jump in face first, and only rarely find out that there is no water in the pool. 

• Like 3

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

I don't know how/why double posts happen.. but please forgive me for posting them... :? 

• Like 1

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

Thanks for the heads up ColoQ. Super excited about going, it has been a long, long time since my Little Brother and I have been road tripping together! We have even booked in to have commemorative tattoos done! 

As far as the foot in mouth thing goes I do so much better public speaking than I do one on one. Give me a room full of absolute strangers and I'm all good, put me in an intimate setting, like a pub or someone's house and I can't seem to string two words together and if I do they seem inappropriate and........wrong?!?!

I guess that comes from working with kids all the time, kidspeak is easy!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

I don't know how/why double posts happen.. but please forgive me for posting them... :?

No worries, we all do it.

Double posts seem to happen when 2 people are posting to a thread at the same time, there is nothing you can do about them or any way to prevent them, and we cant delete posts, so just use them as a time to make bad jokes or post pictures of unicorns...or whatever :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

A new angle in the debate for/against same sex marriage. http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/oklahoma-divorce-marriage-government-video/#axzz2reDaBftX

I support this idea 100%, I feel like the government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage at all...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

This has been the libertarian argument for years. Liberals seek validation from the state (i.e. If the state recognizes it, then it is for real). Conservatives seek validation from the church (i.e. The church says no, so the state must). Libertarians believe in individual validation which is enabled by maximum liberty. I as a Christian can choose to attend a church which does not recognize gay marriage, while you as a secular humanist can perform a ceremony within your ecumenical body and we can exercise our respective beliefs as equals and with respect for the others' inherent human dignity without forcing our politics to infringe on each other.

• Like 2