Forums are back in action! ×

Alright, just so you guys know, I grew up a picky eater. Because of this, in order to avoid having food I LOATHED shoved down my throat... I had to learn to cook.

Thus I became a guy who likes to cook.

I have my own unique cravings and I fulfill them with my own recipes, but I'm willing to experiment and try some new stuff. What I'm looking for is some recipes to your own favorite foods so that I can cook it up and try it myself. I'm on a 60 day Paleo Round, so I won't be able to try "Non-Paleo" recipes until I'm on my next week long break.

So, what's good to you people? =D

Make a bbq sauce to go with meats, especially to make bland food interesting

1/2 onion, grated

1/2 cup yellow mustard

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup cider vinegar

1 Tbsp dry mustard

1 teaspoon cayenne

1 teaspoon paprika

Fry the onion in whatever oil you use, add the rest and simmer for twenty minutes.

I eat quite plain really

Dark Elf Monk (Level 1)

| Str 2 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 3 | Wis 3 | Cha 3 |

Twitter: @MrDanMellor

I stumbled upon a great recipe, for those inclined towards a little dairy

Parmesan roasted acorn squash

1 Acorn squash cleaned and sliced into 3/4 in strips

some olive oil

salt and pepper,

grated parmesan cheese

preheat oven to 425

put the squash on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Turn over and do that to the other side. Put Parmesan on it. Bake for 40-50 minutes. YUM 

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

Whats the shelf(fridge) life for a batch of that sauce? How do you store it?

Usually a week or so, but it goes that quickly I don't know.

I use old jars to store it in.

One of about twenty I have tried

Dark Elf Monk (Level 1)

| Str 2 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 3 | Wis 3 | Cha 3 |

Twitter: @MrDanMellor

I grew up labeled a picky eater. But once I left home I realized it was a matter of a completely different mindset - fresh vs. canned; cooked vs. "prepared" and so on.

And did I mention that I had just moved out of the house? I was beyond broke. But in the years since, I have learned to cook, and I actually enjoy it quite a bit. I started putting up recipes last fall, and I still put another one up every now and again.

Yummy Goodness http://yummygoodness.heidichronicles.net/

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

I grew up labeled a picky eater. But once I left home I realized it was a matter of a completely different mindset - fresh vs. canned; cooked vs. "prepared" and so on.

Pretty much that, I was a "picky" eater growing up. As it turns out, I wasn't that picky, I just hated the poorly prepared school dinners (Spag bol, that was missing the bol, plastic lasagnes, quiches that seemed to have come from the reduced aisle at the supermarket and the worst one, the custard with the deserts came with a skin, and the kids fought over who wanted it.) and didn't like the vegetables my parents did. Haven't made it in a few weeks now, but I love a good stir fry of the following:

1 tablespoon Worcester sauce as a base (might need to add a small amount of other oil depending on quantities)

Peppers (I like mixing it up and throwing every colour in as part of the presentation but I understand you might now have them all)

Baby Corn

Red Onion

Standard Onion

Seasoned with Black pepper & Sea Salt (fresh ground of course)

If you feel the need for protein, throw in some minced beef

Play with the quantities until you get the balance you like.