Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, my name is Flea and I collect underpants.

What up party people!

My name is Flea (or Cat, if that's too weird), and I hail from just outside Boston, Mass., in the good ol' U.S. of A. I do not, however, drop my R's when I speak. I'm currently vegetarian. Procrastination, self-deprecation, and underpants collection are my specialties. I use memes everyone else let die forever ago. 

My life right now is a far, faaaar cry from where I want it to be. I finished my undergrad 3 years ago, moved back home with the intention of finding a job and moving out again quickly (still there), have worked several shitty jobs that I hate, and gained ~25-30 pounds in as many weeks in 2012 and can't get them off again. My family is even unhealthier than I am and have no intention of changing. I have social anxiety and while it's not nearly as bad as other people have it, it's bad enough to fuck up my plans a lot. Or prevent me from making plans in the first place. Ridiculously, it even prevents me from interacting with people online; I'd much rather lurk than risk people I will never meet thinking I'm stupid/not funny/whatever. 

I'm here because I want to level up in every possible way. I want to conquer my anxiety, go out and make friends, go on dates (gasp!). I want to go to grad school in another country and enjoy the hell out of it, rather than sitting in my room and marathoning TV shows like I did studying abroad in undergrad. I want to lose 50 pounds, run a marathon, lift some heavy shit, and wear a two-piece bathing suit for the first time since I was 9 and didn't care enough to worry about how I looked. There is a healthy, happy, hot girl inside this miserable fat suit I'm wearing. 

I'm 5'7" and weigh 191.8 right now (170cm 87kg). My arbitrarily chosen goal weight is 145, but I am over 9000% okay with a higher weight and a more kickass body. (I warned you about the meme thing. Don't give me that look.) I've made some progress life-wise in the past month or so and I'm ready to roll that momentum into my diet/exercise goals now. 

tl;dr hi I'm Flea let's be friends. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to make my challenge thread before my anxiety realizes what I'm doing.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Welcome! Love the area you're from (too cold for me personally) I swear you are my new BFF, I could have wrote that intro with a few exceptions...now I'm off to find your challenge thread so I can stalk you some more  :ph34r: (kidding, I'm harmless...mostly...)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Welcome! Love the area you're from (too cold for me personally) I swear you are my new BFF, I could have wrote that intro with a few exceptions...now I'm off to find your challenge thread so I can stalk you some more  :ph34r: (kidding, I'm harmless...mostly...)

Yay new BFF! I'm glad we are similar but at the same time, I'm sorry we're similar in this case!  ;) It's funny how most of the time I don't think of it as cold here. I went to school in Virginia and it seemed like all my friends wanted to die when it hit like 35-40. 

Here's the thread. It took forever because I kept getting distracted. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42949-a-tale-of-two-fleas/

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hey Flea! 

Your introduction really resonated with me as well. I too am a 5'7" underpants gnome with social anxiety who specializes in procrastination, and lurked around these parts for far too long. Two years ago I stopped lurking and finally joined this awesome community.... then after a few months I fell away. I've come back this week and even joined in on my very first official signed-up-for-real-and-everything 6 week challenge. I'll definitely be checking out your thread.

Good luck and welcome! 

• Like 1

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

Wooo! Welcome back and good luck to you as well. Down with underpants!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

And throw away those underpants!

I seriously almost spit out coffee when I read this!! ROFL...(coffee is sacred dammit! Can't be wasting that...shesh)

Best option...don't wear underpants, then no reason to collect them...(excuse me while I go clean my dresser drawers out now... :highly_amused: )

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Thanks, SilverRapier! I was thinking more of a bonfire for the underpants. Maybe when the weather gets nicer. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi