Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!

I'm Amanda and I'm new to the Nerd Fitness community. I've been a big fan of this site for quite a while. Figured it was time to join up and start leveling up, as I've heard it said.

I've lived the typical American lifestyle of eating a lot of junk and not being active. As time has gone on, I've become more and more unhappy with this and I'm ready to turn things around. I admit, I'm impatient and want change now, right now! After a number of failed attempts at dieting and exercising in the past, I've seen that's not how it works. So, I'm starting back slow. Cleaning up my eating little bit by little bit, starting back at the bench with nothing but the bar and taking it from there.

I'm looking forward to being a part of these boards! I know I'll be encouraged and inspired by all of you and I hope to be able to do the same in return.

• Like 2

A couple things to know about me; I'm a dork and I like people. :joyous:

"Lord of the Rings or Star Wars?" There's room enough in this town for the two of them.

Hey!

Big hello back to you.  Congrats on the changes you've made so far, sounds like you're on the right track by making small, sustainable changes to your diet and lifestyle.  Baby steps, girl, baby steps.  It takes time, but eventually you will look back and think "Wow, look how far I've come!".  You mentioned starting with nothing but the bar, are you doing strength training? Strong Lifts 5x5?

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome to the rebellion! You're in the right place for encouragement and inspiration :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda