Forums are back in action! ×

Canadian Medic says hello

Hey everyone!

Thought I would say hello from Canada :) To start this post off our men won gold today, and was it ever an amazing hockey game!!!

A little about me:

I am a registered EMT currently balancing online school (Bachelors of Health Sciences) and work. My goal is to join the Canadian Forces as a Med Tech and I absolutely love helping people.

Mainly I would love to focus on body weight exercises, fitness wise I would love to complete a set of one handed push-ups. There is something fantastic about that mental image. My favorite quote that I have picked up is "Balls to the wall or no balls at all!" Moderation does not exist in my life

At 5'5 and 135lbs I am not overweight, however I don't feel strong. Some days at work if I get a heavy patient, I struggle to maneuver them or lift the stretcher.

My hobbies include horseback riding which I used to do competitively, martial arts (muay thai, ju-jitsu and krav maga), wrenching on my truck after breaking it in the mud, binge watching netflix and playing FPS (ghosts mostly).

Also I will without a doubt try to convince you that my xbox one is far better than a ps4 :tongue:

MedicTwo

• Like 1

MedicTWO

Level 0 Human Medic

|STR: 0|DEX: 0|STA: 0|CON: 0|WIS: 0|CHA: 0|

Welcome, Medic! I have a lot of respect for EMTs, I know you have a difficult job. And it sounds like you have great fitness goals. Best of luck!

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Welcome, Medic! I have a lot of respect for EMTs, I know you have a difficult job. And it sounds like you have great fitness goals. Best of luck!

Thank-you and yes some days it is an emotional challenge, but very much worth it. 

Welcome, it sounds like you've got some great hobbies there! Good luck with your fitness goals!

Thank you! I read that you used to enjoy riding as well. What discipline dd you do? I focused mostly on jumping (1.10m)  

MedicTWO

Level 0 Human Medic

|STR: 0|DEX: 0|STA: 0|CON: 0|WIS: 0|CHA: 0|

Welcome to the rebellion! Bodyweight also has that whole 'portable, no gym membership required' thing going for it...;)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hello, from an American medic!  As a Philadelphia Flyers fan, I am still upset Giroux wasn't picked for the Canadian team... so I won't comment on that :P

Level 3 Wild Elf. Druid at heart, with an Adventurer's soul.

STR4 | DEX2 | STA4 | CON7 | WIS7 | CHA5

Challenges: 1st2nd, 3rd | Current: --

*After a long hiatus, I am back and ready to work on myself!

LOSE 70LBS

Spoiler

"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans."

Desiderata, Max Ehrmann