Forums are back in action! ×

MR_Willes "keeping-momentum" daily Battle-Log

3 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

From next challenge I'm going to have a look at the mini's. Maybe we two (and the others) can team up, see what we can do, if it is something with teams, or we just challenge each other. I think the Gryffendarlings challenge was such a great success (because you guys were awesome) because we just gave it all we got and just had a lot of fun, and things just clicked. Let's make it click again - in the new year :pirate:

Insane people put in a group produce even insaner results. :D I think this sums it up quite nicely.

@Batgrl (a.k.a. Lightning)

@lucky fire dragon 

@dancezwithkittehz

@mom2sjm

Also i see a whole bunch of posts from @Urgan but i don't know how active she was with all the assassin mini!

Holy crap...

Spoiler
On 26-10-2015 at 4:36 PM, starsapart said:

And now, the final wrap up post!  First, the scoreboard as of final standings:

1st place: Dwarves with 775 points

2nd place: Hobbits with 750 points

3rd place: a TIE between Elves and Humans with 400 points each

And now for the rundown.  Ladies and gentlemen, over the course of the last 6 weeks, as a team, here is what we have accomplished:

• 871 miles walked
  • 15,066 push-ups
  • 13,491 squats
  • 114 yoga videos
  • 6,000 jumping lunges
  • 2,466 pull-ups
  • 3,764 bear crawls
  • 4,323 leg raises
  • 2,553 walking lunges
  • 2,195 jump squats
  • 15,940 mountain climbers

We also had champions setting ridiiiiiiiiiiiculous records in timed burpees and wall sits.  Give the champions a round of applause.

With this, our journey comes to an end.....

3 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

The boys just decided if we ever move, we are moving to your country. They want Santa to come earlier too! Have a happy day.... oh and photos!

Both Santa Clause as our Sinterklaas are both based on Saint Nicholas.

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Santa_Claus_vs_Sinterklaas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Signature parking:

Spoiler

MR_Willes || Powerlifting Crossfit Padawan

Challenges: ( "dusted off the battle-log" )

Current: "Prepping to slay the Rat, Full Mucker!" Previous: 24 / 2322 / 21 / 20 / 19 / 18 /17 / 16 15 / 14 / 13 / 1211109 / 8 / 76.5 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 

Unlocked Achievements: 07:02 plank / 5K in 23:19 / 50/50 Squats / 10K JumpingJacks / 1/2 Marathon 01:58:44700 lbs club / StrongViking Beast / Burpees AMRAP 5 min: 70 / Wolfies Worship

"We are THE REBELLION, we bring Iron to the Weak, Yoga to the Stiff,Runs to the Slow, Parkour to the Clumsy, but especially IRON" ~ Tanktimus the Encourager

"Although Congratulations from Others might await at the Destination, Happiness is found on the Path." ~ Madcow

"Fair warning, the man is a little crazy, lol." ~ Urgan

[i can be found on FB enter at own risk!]

• Like 1

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor funk gif

The funk seriously gotten hold of me.

It's a combination of a couple of different stressors:

• My job is changing as a big part of our IT-system is being outsourced
  • I'm on the verge of going to the UK for the Rat Race Dirty Weekend, and i still haven't found a solid workout schedule.
  • Every year Q2 is a very busy time at home, but this year specifically is very, very busy (all this takes place, or already has taken place between the beginning of april and the second week of june)
    • Tourguides get-together-weekend
    • Easter dinner at my mom's
    • Mid-week vacation at Center Parcs Germany
    • OCR: Army Urban Run
    • Friendsweekend
    • Helping with remodelling my mom's front yard
    • Rat Race Dirty Weekend
    • Tourguide weekend in Germany
    • Big family BBQ at my place about ~50-60 people (it's my mom's turn in their family)
    • Prepping our garden for the big BBQ (cause most of my aunts and uncles, nephews and nieces, and their kids are coming, and i want it to look good/as best as possible)

So i'm pretty much certain my funk will be a lot better by the time we get the family BBQ out of the way, cause all the crazyness ends at that time and my calendar actually is almost completely free untill the second week of july when i get to go to italy with my bike (again).

Thank you for jumping over to my battle log (or if you are still here) and have listened to my whining. And now it's time to get back to some more interesting things.

Workouts, GIFs and just general nonsense!

• Like 7

Prepping our garden for the big BBQ!

Trimming your waaaaall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Trimming your waaaaall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, i do this regularly!

Oow you mean the one in my garden, yeah that needs a cut and needs to be tidy before the BBQ. I'll probably do that a few weeks in advance so it can grow a little bit back, cause it has a hole here and there. Yes still talking about the garden...

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Image result for meh gif

Image result for aw yeah gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor yeah baby yeah gif

And just sumtin that came up searching for corny GIFs and is just too hilarious not to post:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor humpin gif

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Good luck with the Rat Race and getting everything prepped in time for the big family BBQ.

Thanx, everything will get done. My sanity at the time of the BBQ will reflect how things have gone during this phase. 

8 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Woo here for the battle logging!

Thanx Rax good to see your friendly face here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was going to stay away but the funk drew me in! 

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

16 hours ago, PrincessMononoke said:

giphy.webp

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i know gif

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Here to watch you sulk over your inability to steal Wolfie from the Princess.

The plan is in motion, the first pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor pink and the brain pondering gif

15 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I was going to stay away but the funk drew me in! 

Well it just got a lot funkier with one phonecall ...

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Great song, my kids also love it! They have good taste, you don't want to be in a car with me and the kids when this comes on...

;) 

Warning incoherent work rant!!!

Spoiler

Well the phonecall i just referenced... It was my colleague, apologizing for something that happened yesterday. I didn't think it was a big thing but once i got his explanation i get why he wanted to apologize. Still didn't think it was something he should apologize for... but the story behind it...

Funny thing is, i was much better off without his apology. Cause i now found out, stuff that i feel responsible for and i should be main contact for is being arranged behind my back.

I'm not quite sure how i feel about that. Work is a funky place as it is, with the outsourcing going on. I'm just not sure what they have in store for me. And i don't really know for myself what i want.

Basically it comes down to this with regards to the job i have at the moment:

Pro's

• 4 day work week
  • good pay
  • Very flexible
  • Steady working hours

Con's

• Not exactly the work i want to do
  • Sometimes a bit of a shady colleague
  • Got the feeling that Management doesn't run things by  me that they should

Next to these pro's and con's i have this feeling i'm losing touch with the technique, cause everything seems to go so very fast. On the other hand, maybe things aren't going that fast and it's just the place i'm in which makes things seem like they are going fast.

But onto that feeling, i'm not very keen on enhancing myself on the technical side, also cause i'm entering my forties and i don't think keeping up with all these youngsters is sustainable. So i was thinking of letting my job transition into more of a coordinating thingy.

And well, maybe, this just is the kick it needs to go. Cause frankly this situation just makes my feel that they can shove their IT-system up their ass and let me coordinate work and people from now on.

Everything used to be much easier. I was a technical guy, i could work good in groups, and i liked fixing things... Now i'm not sure what i am anymore... Cause i really would like to go back to that, but i don't think it's a possibility when you take in account that i don't want go back to 5 days work week. I don't want to travel to clients, cause of the traffic, and the time it will make me be home generally. I just know the first thing that would suffer would be working out, and i would see even less of my kids... But going back to basics, it is would i love to do...

• Like 3

Your work stuff:

Spoiler

Obviously it's a complex issue but is there anything to stop you looking at other jobs, maybe even discussing opportunities elsewhere, to see what is available for you? It might be that you don't know what route you want to take now, but that once you see a job opportunity it'll click and you'll realise that that's what you wanted. I know applying for jobs is hard work, but putting a few feelers out might give you some good ideas. Or you might find that there's not much better out there, which could help you to appreciate the job you have now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 27-4-2018 at 1:33 PM, Jarric said:

Your work stuff:

Hide contents

Obviously it's a complex issue but is there anything to stop you looking at other jobs, maybe even discussing opportunities elsewhere, to see what is available for you? It might be that you don't know what route you want to take now, but that once you see a job opportunity it'll click and you'll realise that that's what you wanted. I know applying for jobs is hard work, but putting a few feelers out might give you some good ideas. Or you might find that there's not much better out there, which could help you to appreciate the job you have now.

You're absolutely right Jarric. That would have been the advice i would have given myself. I'm in a state of, "just let me complain about the situation without me doing anything about it". I think it's a bit part of the funk. For me these things usually workout themselves. I have been quite fortunate with these things before. I'm just gonna let it simmer a little longer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

You're absolutely right Jarric. That would have been the advice i would have given myself. I'm in a state of, "just let me complain about the situation without me doing anything about it". I think it's a bit part of the funk. For me these things usually workout themselves. I have been quite fortunate with these things before. I'm just gonna let it simmer a little longer.

Yeah that's often the way of things. Especially when change is enforced upon us rather than sought :D 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

We had a fantastic weekend.

Friday was a holiday in The Netherlands, Kings Day. Since i'm always free on friday it didn't had a great impact on us, the kids still had to go to school, (cause we live and go to school in Belgium). The day was about prepping stuff for the friends-weekend. But also there was this special "Kings-Day workout" at the CF box.

### Crossfit 27-04-18 ###

It consisted of a warmup, with a bit of running around and through the big tires. After this was a game of "volleyball". Except there was a wall built between teams so we couldn't see each other. Used a 6kg (14 lbs) medicine ball. And you would have to throw it to the other side, do a burpee, and catch the returning ball. Drop the ball 5 penalty burpees. It was good fun, and a pretty good warmup!

Next up were 4 games (all with a timecap of 6 minutes).

- Sled pull (and push it back). One sled with 10KG and one with 20KG. Score was the weight of the sled times the amount of complete pulls.

- Rally system, get all the sandbags 25-35-45-55-65KG (55-77-99-121-143lbs) from the starting position to the end position over the yoke. (Total of 26 bags)

- Sprints with weights, pick up a 10 lbs plate, run outside place it on the floor, stand on it, next runner hands you a new plate, put it in front of the other, when everyone is on the plates let the first run back and forth for a new one, and so on...

- Card based game, hearts was burpees, spades was wall balls, clubs was toes to bar / knee raises, diamonds was kettle bell swings. The amount on the card was the amount of reps, jack queen king was 10, aces were 11 and the joker was a 200m run.

It actually was a very good workout, a lot more intense than i anticipated. Could be cause i turn into this fanatic when it comes to a scoring system... (Gee who knew)

### Prepping for the weekend ###

In the afternoon i broke down the kids playhouse in the garden, it was old and we need some extra space in the garden with the new swimming pool. And we needed some wood to burn on the friends weekend, that also meant i wouldn't have to pay to get rid of the old wood. Win-Win! It took me longer than i anticipated, but i had fun doing it. So it wasn't too bad. In the end i was done in time, with some time left for a shower and collecting my stuff for the weekend.

### Friendsweekend ###

After the kids were home from school we loaded the car up with all the stuff we needed on the weekend and took the dog to the inlaws. We arrived at about 5 and the people there were prepping food (50+ mouths to fill). So i took over the job of flipping burgers. After everyone was done with eating, we all chipped in to clean up. (much crowd = big mess).

The organization put up the schedule of the weekend and divided us into smaller groups, who would be competing each other. 

Talked with my friends, kids were having fun among themselves. We started the campfire pretty early so some kids could help unloading wood and join us in building the fire. But not soon after that they had to go to bed. (Made note: inform organisation of next year, kids are getting older, they won't go to sleep that early next year!).

After all the kids were asleep we received some sheets with puzzles, which we got about 45 minutes for to fill in. I love these things, i always have been fond of puzzles, especially the non-logical ones.

One example:

Fill in the missing letters:

O - T - T - F - F - S - S - ... - ... - ...

We won this round by one point. It was really good, i know from experience it's hard to come up with things that are not too easy, and not too hard. But it was a good quiz to do. After that we did a Kahoot quiz (just like we did last year). We came in second there, gap between the winner and us was a couple of thousand points, and difference between us and #3 was only a little over a hundred.

After the quizes it was back to drinking beer at the campfire. I went to bed at about 3AM. Saturday morning i was relatively fresh (seeing i don't remember what happened from 2 - 3 AM).

aRpsDv4.jpg

On saturdaymorning the organisation arranged a sort of do-it-yourself science fair. There were about 10 stations where you could do something science-y. This were things like making noise makers out of straws, till playing around with the odd capabilities of corn-flower and water, and making your own hovercraft out of a cd and a balloon. The kids had a blast and learned some stuff and just generally having much fun with your kids.

Spoilered cause of size:

Spoiler

TN3Okcl.jpg

Making long and short straws with different tones

viGyL8b.jpg

Build as high as possible with little sticks and cubes of styrofoam

qmpEkFE.jpg

Watch the sugar come of skittles when placed in water and create nice patterns

m2L0CeN.jpg

Creating jelly balls with cornflower and detergent

NeJveQB.jpg

Making a hovercraft out of a CD and a balloon

RZmAOcF.jpg

Playing around with cornflower and water, that stuff is seriously ODD!!!

Cause of the weather the schedule got changed up, and we got to do a hike in the afternoon (which was planned for sunday morning).  It was a 3hour walk (but we had kids with us so not too far). During the walk we had to search for places they photographed for us, and had to recreate the photo as best as we can. That photo than had to be sent with WhatsApp immediately to the staff. We started first and returned first. For the people from the organisation it was pretty fun to see the incoming pictures as they could map out where everybody was. Due to 2 missed photo's we came in on a second place.

Dinner wasn't very special. We had this fastfood truck that came to the place where you could order at will. I'm much more of a BBQ man. Thought this is an easy cheap solution for feeding 50+ people.

The weather actually was pretty good, and i think a combination of the bit of sun there was on friday when i was breaking up the playhouse, the sun during the hike and maybe being a bit too close to the campfire (which was about 3m high) made me feel pretty sunburnt, and just a bit off during the first part of saturdayevening.

mRrY5lM.jpg

After the kids went to bed we had some more games. This time it were actual games were you had to do stuff. Minute-to-win-it style. Like trying to eat a cookie, which was first planted on your forehead (head tilted back) without using your hands. Pencil catch, a couple of beer pong variations, that sort of stuff. And concluded the night at the fire again.  This time i even drank more (or at least that's what i thought). But again, surprisingly fresh (working up to RRDW seems to be paying off!). Sunday i always dread, last day, that usually consists of nothing more than just waking up, having breakfast, some games, lunch, and cleaning up. And with the walk which we did on saturday instead of sunday there wasn't really much we did. We did a different version of "mastermind", and "Bingo". Where for with Mastermind, you had to run around the site looking for designated colored markers to make up the code. And with bingo, every number corresponded with an item you had to search for. This made for good fun with the kids running around for colored markers or items for the bingo. It some point it looked like giant beehive!

Cleaning up went pretty smooth as everyone chipped in, always good to see things made easy when there is lots of help. Came home halfway in the afternoon. Seriously sleep-deprived nothing much more but sleeping on the couch, and a pizza in the oven happened on sunday...

It was another very good weekend with "some" friends:

pLi3Zt9.jpg

• Like 11

Looks like you had an amazing time! 

Less than 2 weeks to go!!! 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Looks like you had an amazing time! 

I had!

5 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Less than 2 weeks to go!!! 

tenor.gif

I know but have you read this?

11 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

But again, surprisingly fresh (working up to RRDW seems to be paying off!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Willes said:

I know but have you read this?

I intend on binging all that training this weekend :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler