Hi I'm Snarky. Yes I am. I like spice cake and gingerbread and I love sleeping in on a cold day.  I don't like cantaloupe or avocados or having to wash my hair on a cold day :D 

I'm trying something a little different for this challenge and am trying to work with how I naturally am. I tend to rewrite my challenges every week anyway, so let's roll with that!

For week 1, I'm going to focus on being present and supporting a positive mindset.  I realized I'm getting lost in my head again and I'm avoiding myself. I realized last night that I don't look at myself in the mirror anymore like I'm avoiding my own gaze, and I think my reluctance to do do any strength training is also a way of avoiding myself. 

These are my daily tasks.

1. Take three breaths
  2. Take a step back from the mirror and look at myself.  Make silly faces. 
  3. Do ten minutes of strength training. 
  4. Reduce screen time by one hour. It's just a distraction.
  5. Remember to look up and around when I’m walking instead of looking down. 
  6. Practice oral hygiene and skin care every evening. 
  7. Reflect on something good that happened that day. 

Okay! Good start! At the end of the week, I’ll share what I enjoyed about the week, and what I’m looking forward to in the next week.  At the beginning of each week, I'll edit the goals, adding on and removing items as necessary. 

Coffee Time Fall GIF by DINOSALLY

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I like spice cake and gingerbread and I love sleeping in on a cold day.  I don't like cantaloupe or avocados or having to wash my hair on a cold day :D

If you had said cilantro instead of avocado, we would be twins. 

Love your challenge! Looking forward to following along and seeing what new take each week brings.

• Like 1

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Spoiler

I love this! Solidarity on not wanting to wash your hair when it's cold. That's a hard pass for me, too. 

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I love this! Solidarity on not wanting to wash your hair when it's cold. That's a hard pass for me, too. 

YEAH!! SO COLD! I'm cold thinking about it!

Freezing Cold Weather GIF

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Such a lovely idea for a challenge! Here to follow. 

Thank you! I'm glad you're here!!

2 hours ago, Radost said:

Love your tasks! Here to look up and around with you!

Yay! Thank you for joining me!!

• Like 3

Ernie is going to spend the night, so we'll have both of them here :D

Sesame Street Muppets GIF by ABC Network

This is very accurate to how they are together.

Sesame Street Ugh GIF by ABC Network

With this in mind, I'm going to sign off until tomorrow evening.  But FIRST!

I did look at myself in the mirror and made funny faces. I decided to wear contacts today and that helped me see me beyond the glasses and the middle-aged face. It's like "Oh there I am. I'm just a little older now." 

I took three deep breaths several times today. This was helpful. 

I DID THE STRENGTH TRAINING! I focused on core exercises today. I set a timer. It was horrible. Next time I'll set a timer but also play some fun music!

I looked up while walking today. The leaves are beautiful and all different colors. That leads me to what went well today; Mom and I went out to a state park and walked around looking at the leaves. It was so lovely. We knew Ernie was coming at some point today, but we decided to put ourselves first, knowing Dad and Bert would be home. It was great! And then it turns out that Ernie still isn't here yet and it's almost 5pm, so I'm extra glad we didnt wait around for them and had such a good time.  Bert made lunch for Dad so it worked out okay. 

I'll let you know about the evening routines and screen time tomorrow night! I hear the car pulling in, Ernie has arrived :D 

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Following!

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Yay for strength training! Maybe you should go to a gym with mirrors and make lifting faces at yourself.

• Haha 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

22 hours ago, Shello said:

Following!

YAY! Glad you are here!

13 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yay for strength training! Maybe you should go to a gym with mirrors and make lifting faces at yourself.

I love this. I typically work out in my bedroom, so will make faces in that mirror! :D 

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

What is fun way of practicing acceptance! 

Thanks! I definitely enjoyed it yesterday! :D 

7 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

In case you're curious where that comes from...

Ernie wanted to play tag, but this is clever too. :D 

• Like 2

I did not make my screen goals or evening care goals because I decided to numb out on screens after Bert ran into the bathroom after we watched a movie and took a long shower. And then Ernie took a shower and got water ALL over the floor. And this morning, I found dirty dishes everywhere, so I made the boys clean up after themselves. They're getting along so well, which is great. They never got along when they were little.  

Did I mention the local community college has a ukulele class for Tuesday nights in November? I can't remember if I did. I'm  thinking about signing up for it. I dont' think I'll learn anything new, but it would be nice to get out of the house and have a night off. 

• Like 5

Monday October 21  and Tuesday October 22 Review

1. Take three breaths✔️✔️
  2. Take a step back from the mirror and look at myself.  Make silly faces. ✔️✔️
  3. Do ten minutes of strength training. ✔️  ✔️
  4. Reduce screen time by one hour. It's just a distraction.✔️✔️
  5. Remember to look up and around when I’m walking instead of looking down. ✔️✔️
  6. Practice oral hygiene and skin care every evening. ✔️✔️
  7. Reflect on something good that happened that day. ✔️  ✔️

I really kicked butt with strength training, doing 2 sets of upper body exercises. I was really pissed off after a stressful weekend with my nephews, so I lifted heavier weights than usual. I think we are finding the secret to my strength is rage. LOL.  Today I did some core exercises, which really helped a lot too, but I was less angry today :D And the boys were just....not bad, but careless and thoughtless. I had to reel them both in at different points for different things, and they apologized sincerely, and I accepted it and we're good. But I have trouble not being pissed off afterwards and lifting heavier weights helped a lot. 

Good things that happened: 

Monday- Mom and I went for a walk in the evening. It was really nice out. I am really loving our evenings walks.  Also I had an amazing workout

Tuesday- I organized my drawers and my closet! I moved things around. Some things are going to work really well, and others need to be tweaked a bit. But I'm really happy because I didn't think about how it should be, but what would work for me.  That's a big deal for me.

I'm glad we're online again. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's updates. Screen time is a little better, but I'll probably wreck that in a minute :D :D 

Screen time is down, mostly because Nerd Fitness was down so I'll be curious what the rest of the week is like now that we're back up. It's going to shoot up in a minute because I'm about to read some updates from y'all! :D  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I really kicked butt with strength training, doing 2 sets of upper body exercises. I was really pissed off after a stressful weekend with my nephews, so I lifted heavier weights than usual. I think we are finding the secret to my strength is rage. LOL. 

RAGE! :D

• Haha 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Adventures: Adventurers Wanted: A West-Marches Campaign

8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I really kicked butt with strength training, doing 2 sets of upper body exercises. I was really pissed off after a stressful weekend with my nephews, so I lifted heavier weights than usual. I think we are finding the secret to my strength is rage.

let-the-hate-flow-through-you-your-hate-

• Haha 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII