Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Deservedly so. It's damned irritating. Besides, if we're ALL special, doesn't that mean none of us are?

(Hmm. That sounds "Incredibly" familiar, somehow...)

Syndrome_Close_Up.jpg

I see what you did there... 

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0
--------------------------------------------------

I use "queer" because my sexuality is more complex than simply "bi" would cover, and I don't feel that "pan" covers it right, either.

I'm a woman who is physically attracted to other women and not men but married to a man I absolutely love. I don't even know where I would begin categorizing that if I tried.

Homosexual and bi/heteroromatic?

I think that category is called "Candace".

I just had to say I love this on so many levels!!

IMG_828664071906862_zpscdf042b2.jpeg

smh....I needed this laugh today...thank you!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Growing up in an ultra conservative Christian environment it definitely wasn't normal to everyone around me. As a Christian myself I can't believe how most of them treated me and other people with different sexualities and still claim to be following Christ's example. It's a shame how people turn God into a weapon instead of loving everyone like should be done.

I grew up in a very similar environment. I understand almost completely (except I'm straight). I've gotten quite a bit of unloving responses even from family because I'm a Christian who thinks sexuality is irrelevant to ones faith. It IS quite sad that people turn god into a weapon instead of simply loving people like we've been taught.

I think that category is called "Candace".

I absolutely love this response. It's perfect.
  • Like 2

I am a snowflake in love with one other snowflake. Two lezflakes floating about in happiness.

... can't wait til Kellogs introduces LezFlakes during pride next year.

I guess I lead a pretty standard romantic life, just with a lady. 

• Like 1

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

If we were poly it would solve many issues in our relationship...but we're not because she would view it as cheating (seriously, which is worse?), several of our 3d life friends are though...

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Monogomazing here.  Obviously a downtrodden minority.

:heart-borken: My hopes are dashed 

But this makes us very special snowflakes right? :)

Round here :D 

If we were poly it would solve many issues in our relationship...but we're not because she would view it as cheating (seriously, which is worse?), several of our 3d life friends are though...

That my brain didn't view it as cheating really threw my husband for a loop in the beginning too...to me the secrets and lies and betrayal of trust when sleeping with someone else, is the bad part...but I know that lots of people think the sex is the bad part. I don't get it, but that's how they think. 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

...yeah. Read up on why the Kellogg guy came up with corn flakes in the first place. I don't think lezflakes are on anyone's horizon. Let's just say he had some unhealthy attitudes about human sexuality and he probably wasn't any fun at parties.

Hey... learned something new.

Kellogg's Prude Flakes

boo-urns

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

That my brain didn't view it as cheating really threw my husband for a loop in the beginning too...to me the secrets and lies and betrayal of trust when sleeping with someone else, is the bad part...but I know that lots of people think the sex is the bad part. I don't get it, but that's how they think. 

I'm incredibly jealous. I could never do that. I don't share very well. Though I am of the same opinion on sex. It's not the sex that would upset me, it would be the betrayal.

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

I'm incredibly jealous. I could never do that. I don't share very well. Though I am of the same opinion on sex. It's not the sex that would upset me, it would be the betrayal.

Candace, I didn't share very well for most of my life, but underneath it was insecurity and belief that I wasn't good enough to love on my own merit, so without holding the power in my magical vagina (they are all magic yanno? ;) ) and making sure they never had any other vaginas, then they wouldn't leave. In reality that nature was more detrimental to a relationship than the opposite approach. Not saying that is your reasoning, but it was mine, and seeing it for what it was, helped me change it :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

...yeah. Read up on why the Kellogg guy came up with corn flakes in the first place. I don't think lezflakes are on anyone's horizon. Let's just say he had some unhealthy attitudes about human sexuality and he probably wasn't any fun at parties.

Road to Wellville is... PROBABLY one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen, and I like Troma.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Candace, I didn't share very well for most of my life, but underneath it was insecurity and belief that I wasn't good enough to love on my own merit, so without holding the power in my magical vagina (they are all magic yanno? ;) ) and making sure they never had any other vaginas, then they wouldn't leave. In reality that nature was more detrimental to a relationship than the opposite approach. Not saying that is your reasoning, but it was mine, and seeing it for what it was, helped me change it :) 

Oh absolutely. My self esteem equates to a steaming pile of refuse and I have so many abandonment issues. One big thing for me is I had a guy cheat on me with 3 other girls. All of them found out about the others and then came and found me so it wasn't even a consensual poly thing for anyone and that left a pretty bad scar. And my mom left me and my sister with my dad when I was 5 which wasn't exactly a shining moment of self worth.

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

I don't know what I think about polygamy. I think it's a loyalty matter, rather than an exclusivity one. In THEORY, I shouldn't care if my partner is with anyone else (if I'm OK with her, what does it matter? I don't see any problem if the two parts agree with that. I don't know if I would. I'll do if the alternative would be losing the people I love (I'm used to non-corresponded love, and I think it has had a lot of importance in my conception of what true love is), but I'll prefer being only with one person at a time (it's easier, and in my romantic world it's also better). But if I had a girlfriend and she proposes me having an open relationship I'll say yes.

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

from my limited pool of knowledge it seems like going from swinging to poly always ends in disaster; but that might just be the whole relationship winding down looking for something new death knell.

Also I know people who are into OR's that have been together forever

All I can say is "All I know is I don't know nothin" and as my grandmother says "Whatever floats your boat"

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim