Forums are back in action! ×

If you could meet one person from the past...

Who would it be? Mine would be Benjamin Franklin. The guy did everything and was super intelligent. As journalist, politician, and inventor he was super succesful. It also turns out, he had ideas about fitness way before his time as well. It's always been very hands down for me.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The more I read about him, the more I'd like to pick Tesla's brain... Takin an interest in his inventions and ideas, and seeing where it goes... Plan on putting together a Tesla Turbine and seeing what i can do with it.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

The more I read about him, the more I'd like to pick Tesla's brain... Takin an interest in his inventions and ideas, and seeing where it goes... Plan on putting together a Tesla Turbine and seeing what i can do with it.

He apparently gets way too much individual credit for his works. Most were done in a large team of which he was just the lead.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Just one? Aw man, that's hard to decide... Tesla's one of my options too, both because of his brilliance and because he, unlike many other historical geniuses, sounds like it'd be nice to hang out with him. (I hear Edison was kind of a douche.) Or maybe Queen Elizabeth I, because she was an absolute BAMF while being a woman in a man's profession, and she's one of my idols. Professionally, I'd also love to meet J.R.R. Tolkien and pick his brain about LotR and women and philology. Genghis Khan, although highly intimidating, would also be an interesting acquaintance (and most likely, I'm related to him), although I don't speak Mongolian so I don't know how well that'd go. Or Qin Shi Huang, the emperor who united China, though I might just be brainwashed by my favorite movie ever, and I don't speak much Chinese either.

Okay, what about if that one person was not a famous historical figure, but someone you have a personal connection to - a family member or friend, etc.? I was thinking I'd like to have met my maternal grandfather. He died before I was born and I've never seen him except in this one photograph where he looks very badass. I don't even know if I would have liked him, since I don't know what kind of person he was, but since my grandma was a wonderful person, I can't imagine he was all that bad either.

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

Ben Franklin. I have a Franklin reference in a tat and oh yes riding past indepence hall right now literally

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Yeah, I thought Tesla was actually extremely introverted.

Dude died a virgin, had much more important things to do than have sex, and would rather hang out with pigeons... :nevreness:

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Teddy Roosevelt. Dude was one bad-ass mofo.

Totally good choice.

Imma gonna add Hemingway.

Ben, Teddy, Papa and me hanging in a pub. I'm sure there will be beer, shooting, and boxing. And beer....

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

This is a hard choice - so many great ones.

I'll go with Oscar Wilde.

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

I would like to meet the man who jumped on a grenade while my father was in Vietnam and saved a whole troop truck full of Marines, just to see what kind of man does that without hesitation. Not exciting, or famous I know. That is who I would want to meet though.

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

Jim Henson.  I'd thank him for Sesame Street.  I'd compliment him for making the original Muppet Show, too...but as someone who was once a kid and once had a little kid (who is sadly outgrowing Sesame Street now), I'd like to show my gratitude.

There is an entire subculture of grown men who like My Little Pony... and you're saying you and/or your kid are outgrowing Sesame Street?

My first challenge

I would like to meet the man who jumped on a grenade while my father was in Vietnam and saved a whole troop truck full of Marines, just to see what kind of man does that without hesitation. Not exciting, or famous I know. That is who I would want to meet though.

Very valid pick... Having been in combat I can tell you, it seems to be the ones you wouldn't expect that are the ones that do things like that. So a salute to that guy, wherever he may be...

My first challenge

I see so many people mentioning Tesla! Did you guys know he was actually friends with Mark Twain? Talk about a bad ass friendship.

Anyway, on the top of my list of people I'd like to meet is Isaac Asimov. He was a genius of science fiction and is one of my heroes. His books were so progressive for his time, and I just want to give him a big hug and thank him for inspiring me to get more into the magical world of scifi.

(Oh, and Joss Whedon, but I'm sure that's on everyone's list.)

Tall Female Gnome

Pre-Adventurer

Adventure Prep | Prep Restart

No stats yet for I am unskilled in the ways of fitness.

I would hate to meet Tesla... He was socially awkward, and would probably have no interest in talking.

For me I'd love to meet Thomas Jefferson. Brilliant, well spoken, critically aware, loved to talk with strangers for hours... It's a shame as a Canadian that I don't really have any of my own patriots to even consider, but I guess that is the nature of Canada. Don't rock the boat, just fish in it. 

Currently lost in Fitness.

What would an introverted man like Tesla think, when suddenly we all showed up at his doorstep? Be considerate, people! I think it's quite clear that I alone should get to met him. For the good of humanity.

"And should I die on the morrow,

None will know of my sorrow,

Nor of the sweet agony,

I take to my grave."

Jesus of Nazareth.

Now i myself am not a particularly religious person but in Jesus being virtually the most influential figure to ever live.  EVER!! I am sure he would be fascinating, also it would be good to clear up many religious debates that have been/still are very contentious.  I mean we base our years on when he was born supposedly. 

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/