Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd Fitness Ugly Sweater Holiday Contest!

Has anyone ever tried to giftwrap a kettlebell? Tricky stuff.

I've got one on my Christmas list, so I hope they're easier to unwrap than they are to wrap! I have a feeling mine is going to look like a gift card.

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

I found the mountain I wanna hike for this contest :)

mcafee%20new.JPG

(note... this is NOT me... and I have never climbed this mountain before ;) )

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I can't possibly compete with Macho Man Maledictus and his chiseled abs, but here goes:

7apy7ypa.jpg

Merry Christmas!

• Like 4

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

^^^ awesome christmas outfit!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

attachicon.gifsweaty.jpg

Has anyone ever tried to giftwrap a kettlebell? Tricky stuff. PS that beard is definitely real.

I can't possibly compete with Macho Man Maledictus and his chiseled abs, but here goes:

7apy7ypa.jpg

Merry Christmas!

These are awesome!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

:) I went and did my festive hike :)  we hiked to McAfee knob on the Appalachian trail :)

McAfee_Knob-sm.jpg

I tried to make my hike montage smallish so it wouldn't take the whole page :) there are more pics on my thread... 

we hiked 7.8 miles (according to the forestry service) or 10.5 miles (according to my fitbit... since I did some side trails and a bunch of climbing and and and... I am calling it 10.5 miles for my records... we took it easy and did it in two days with one night camping

the pics are top left... map of trail... top right... at the end

second row... climbing on a cool rock... I climbed a bunch more but couldn't get people to take more pics!... sunset the first day... in my hammock.... you can't tell but I still had the hat on ;)

third row... after breakfast when the sun came up :)... by the sign when you cross the fire road... my people were far behind me so I had to get creative with my picture taking... because I SUPER suck at selfies :)

fourth row... my stuff on the ledge... because I didn't know how long I was going to have to wait for my people to take a pic... and I wanted ONE without rain... and then from the night before when I had to pull out the headlamps.... I didn't wanna take off the hat so I kept it 

last row... me on the ledge... I only had to wait 20 min for my people... but the rain got super heavy... I had plans to do some insane yoga pose up top... but safety ruled the day and I just stood there ;)

I have never done this hike before but it is one of the most famous in my state... it's on our license plates  I def wanna do it again.... it looks like it would be insanely beautiful when the weather is clear :)

• Like 6

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

This is what happens when you challenge a bored nerd.

...for Christmas.

:D

Can I challenge you more often? This was AWESOME

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

No ugly sweater for me ranger shorts and santa hat...picture coming soon...ok there's shoes as well.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

I just ran the Scrooge's Scramble 5k in Rockville, CT. This picture is before the race with the Governor of CT (who also ran which wins points with me). I'm going to keep searching around hoping that someone got an action shot of me crossing the finish line.

I ran at a 9:03 minute pace which is a new best for me, especially with hills. Hope everyone is having a great holiday!

2qcqbh2.jpg

• Like 6

NBC Media coverage of my race.

My few seconds of local fame @:01 and :22

it's blocked at work :( but I am proud of you!!

• Like 1

Spoiler

THAT IS SO AWESOME!! :)

I guess you would be Dasher?? (Har har)

Congrats on your PR!! :D

HA! Well played.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

LULU YESSSS

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1