Forums are back in action! ×

Grüezi - a new member wants to introduce himself

Hello everybody

I'm new here to NF, my name's Manuel, 28 years old and I'm from switzerland.

My goal for fitness is to get fitter, lose some weight and eat healthier. I would say my actual fitness is at or above average, but there's allways something to improve!  :pride:

I read alot on this site and it was often mentioned that the community is great, so I'm giving it a try  :playful:

I really like the stories and advices on NF, most of all the level up story, so I thought to myself: what would be the best way to get a stats and skills overview of myself? I googled yesterday some apps and some websites, but I'm not quite sure about all of them, what could be the right tool? I haven't found one that would fit all my needs...and I'm pretty sure after a few days I get too lazy to fill out the app or a website, the same with a paper that just lays around, but if I had a whiteboard that I have to walk on by everyday in my apartment, maybe that would remind me to stay focused on my goals and quests! But it has to look cool and nerdy!

So I ordered a whiteboard and some markes and now I only have to wait for it to arrive and think of a cool and motivating way to create a cool skill and quests overview of myself!

I have in mind to write some measurements of me, then do some boxes to fill in a main quest part, some side quests and optional quests where I can level up my strenght, agility, stamina, and so on like on a real life video game.

Maybe you can give me some tips or what informations I'm forgetting?

I'll post a picture as soon as I filled out a draft of my personal skills list  :positive:

wish you all a nice day

Manu

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

Welcome to the rebellion, Manuel!

The roleplaying thing we have going on here is completely optional, so don't feel you have to do it. If you do want to do it, we earn our levels and points through the challenges. The current challenge is almost over, but you could always start at the next one! They're fun!

Your goals are a little vague. You say you want to get fitter, but how so? Do you want to run faster? Jump higher? Lift heavy things? Walk on your hands? Do a split?

There are many types of fitness, and you need to find your cup of tea. I suggest you try a few things and see what you enjoy, then stick to that!

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Yes, you're right, maybe these vague goals are the problem I never really accomplished something till the end in my new year fitness resolutions.

I will start the next challenge, but have to read a little bit more about it, and then find some CONCRETE goals i really can, want and will accomplish!  :pirate:

I started to try out paleo this month and will have a look at the results at the end of february, because I have to lose some bodyfat to get leaner...a sixpack...that could be a goal for me!  :onthego:

To choose the guild, I did parkour some years ago and do some more or less weekly indoor climbing and like bodyweightworkouts, so I guess I'll go with the assassins, am I right?

• Like 2

Level 1 - assassin

Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.

Assassins seem about right to me! That's where I'm going too once the current challenge is over.

Paleo is good, but be careful not to overindulge in stuff like nuts. They can sneak up on you pretty quickly. Also, if you are going low carb, up the fat intake to cover your energy needs.

Everybody wants a six pack. :D

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome to the rebellion! Silver is right, specific goals are always easier to stick to, I had the same problem before, I never knew what they were so how could I reach them? :)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Yes, you're both right!

First goal, be more specific!

I see, I have to catch up alot of reading!   :onthego:

It would be easier to ask where I can find all the fundamental stuff about paleo and goal setting, but I'm not that kind of user, I can look that up by myself!  :playful:

I better set my first nutrition goals:

-Learn more about the paleo lifestyle!

and to be more specific:

-which fat based food should I eat?

-What, beside of nuts, are good snacks during the day for the small hunger?

And for  the fitness goals, I want to get daft punk'd, which means harder, better, faster, stronger!

1 mile under 5 minutes, do 100 pushups in a row, and so on! 

I have to think about more specific goals, and can't wait to join the next 6 week challenge!

Let the journey begin!   :pirate:

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

Hello again!

Well, I wouldn't call it fat based food per say, but meat, eggs and bacon are a great place to start. For snacks, there are plenty of options: nuts, seeds, raw vegetables, jerky, almond milk, etc.

Explore and discover!

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Grüezi Manuel!

Welcome, I'm also new here. I love your motivation! Make sure to not set too many, too ambitious goals at the same time. Switching cold turkey to paleo and trying to run 1 mile in under 5 minutes and trying to do 100 pushups in a row and ... At least that's my experience, I always would pile up goals I want to achieve, only to get overwhelmed and not achieve any of those goals at all. But since I'm taking one step at a time, voilà, I'm actually making progress, and much faster as well. But that's just my experience, if you can manage, all the better :) Maybe the articles under Habit Building on NF would be a good start for you.

Welcome!

• Like 2

51 Paleo Snacks Anyone Can Love

Good stuff here...I'm on day 27 of the Whole30 and I can say this definitely helped!

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Grüezi Manuel!

Welcome, I'm also new here. I love your motivation! Make sure to not set too many, too ambitious goals at the same time. Switching cold turkey to paleo and trying to run 1 mile in under 5 minutes and trying to do 100 pushups in a row and ... At least that's my experience, I always would pile up goals I want to achieve, only to get overwhelmed and not achieve any of those goals at all. But since I'm taking one step at a time, voilà, I'm actually making progress, and much faster as well. But that's just my experience, if you can manage, all the better :) Maybe the articles under Habit Building on NF would be a good start for you.

Welcome!

Yes, I know what you mean, I won't and can't do them all at once, I have to finish one goal at a time just like you said

I just need to list my goals, so I don't forget them, like the bucket list of steven.

51 Paleo Snacks Anyone Can Love

Good stuff here...I'm on day 27 of the Whole30 and I can say this definitely helped!

Hello again!

Well, I wouldn't call it fat based food per say, but meat, eggs and bacon are a great place to start. For snacks, there are plenty of options: nuts, seeds, raw vegetables, jerky, almond milk, etc.

Explore and discover!

I bought a dehydrator yesterday and made my first dried apple rings, I'm satisfied with that as snacks during work, it's great, tastes delicious and much healthier than any chocolate bars

I'm gonna try so much more other fruits  :pride: any suggestions?

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

We bought a dehydrator, apples are great, bananas are awesome! oranges are also surprisingly good, leave the peel on and slice so it looks like a wheel...you can eat the peel and all.

I made a snack mix the other day, all of the above and some almonds, walnuts, and cashews...very nice for something to munch on.

Spoiler

Gonna try the oranges, they sound delicious!  :playful:

Have you tried to dehydrate potatoes to make chips? is this even possible?

Level 1 - assassin

I have, and it is...I did sweet potatoes though, the trick is to use a mandolin on the thinnest setting...if they're too thick they don't crisp up

Spoiler

I'm actually really enjoying the food conversation here. I'll have to head over to that area of the forums and read up some.

Anyhow... welcome to the rebellion Manuel! You have a great attitude, and it sounds like your choice of assassins is spot on. That's the guild I plan on heading into as well. Hope to see you there.

• Like 1

Level 3 Half-Elf Assassin

STR= 9.5  DEX= 14  STA=4  CON=3  WIS=3  CHA=2

Current Challenge

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... you're right."  ~Henry Ford

Welcome to the Rebellion, Manuel! As you have seen, this group is great and supportive. I would also like to suggest a little Chia seed, good protein and energy source. Just throw a little in some juice, mix it up, and let it soak for 10 minutes or so. GREAT energy boost!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Thanks for the welcome, it really looks like all of you are cool people!  :orange:

Can't wait to meet some of you and start my first challenge!

I have, and it is...I did sweet potatoes though, the trick is to use a mandolin on the thinnest setting...if they're too thick they don't crisp up

Gonna try the potatoes, maybe this evening, my girlfriend don't want to do anything special, she said the valentinesday means nothing to her...nevertheless I'll cook for her  :playful:

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

Did a intervall training yesterday and to be honest, I felt pretty exhausted after it, but I think I did it right, because I read in the blog article you have to be close to death after it  :unconscious:

naah, it wasn't that close :D

Oh, and I bought a sling trainer, I love the training with that sling trainer, you have to stabilize your body, the difficulty varies on how close or far you stand away from the attached point and you have a big choice of exercises!

Level 1 - assassin