Forums are back in action! ×

So here I am. It's been quite a while but I've finally decided that this lifestyle is not healthy nor is it fulfilling.

Over two years ago I jumped right into NF, made some great changes, was the healthiest I'd ever been, completed my first (informal) 6 week challenge, and established PRs for every exercise I did. Then I went on a one week vacation that I somehow never came back from. I was full of excuses - school, work, sleep, time, all the classics. NO MORE. I am the heaviest I've ever been (155 pounds), have slid back to where I started on all my exercises, and I eat terrible food because it's convenient. ENOUGH.

I DO have time to get healthy. I need to prioritize and push myself instead of making piles of excuses. So here's the plan:

- Cut out sugary drinks and foods - started this 5 days ago and haven't slipped yet. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right because I imagine this is what drug withdrawal feels like.

- Do a body weight routine each day - also started this 5 days ago, forgot once. 

- Slowly go primal - starts January 3rd with making one meal a day primal, haven't yet decided the progression after that.

- Join a gym with my boyfriend and do cardio 5 days a week - going to sign up today, guess that makes us resolution people but I'm trying not to look at it that way.

- Work on these four points until I lose 15 pounds of fat. At that point I will re-evaluate my situation and create a weight-training plan for myself.

So it's been a while. But I'm feeling really good about this. I'm ready to respawn and make permanent changes. And I hope you all can accept me back into this awesome community. 

• Like 2

Welcome back!!! Once you are a member of the rebellion, you are always a member. I'm a start over too, so let's start over together.

I hope that 2015 brings you all the kinds of awesome that you are looking for.

Your plan looks good but I must say that 5 days of cardio sounds like a lot, I hope your not a hamster in a hamster wheel lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

I vote for weight-lifting mixed with that cardio, but I'm biased. :D

Welcome back, and good luck!

Thanks guys! Definitely aiming for weight lifting in the long run as it's my true fitness passion. But I'm trying to prioritize losing this fat first - just my preference. And as for 5 days being a lot, I have a hard time doing only a few days a week because I just wake up and say "only have to do 3 days this week and there's still 5 days left." I'm trying to strip myself of excuses to make. :)

• Like 1

Hey, welcome to the Rebellion. It's great that you've decided to commit yourself to work towards improving your health. Remember that little by little one walks far. We're here for you and will support you each step of the way!

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment." 

Welcome back!

Good for you for starting a No Excuses challenge. I like your four points to goal, then reevaluate plan. Very nice!

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace