Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! PIRATE EDITION [June 19-September 3, 2023]

I have arrived!!!! My goal is 10 lbs in 10 weeks. I'm doing awesome so far! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 3

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 272 lbs

Current Challenge: Legend of RhiaWolfe: Tears of the Food Cravings

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

2 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I have arrived!!!! My goal is 10 lbs in 10 weeks. I'm doing awesome so far! 

giphy.gif

Avast, me heartie! Welcome aboard this fine vessel o' ours, matey! Prepare to set sail on the high seas of adventure and swashbucklin', landlubber! Ye be part of our crew now, so raise yer grog and let the merriment begin! Arrr!

• Like 2

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

Avast, me heartie! Welcome aboard this fine vessel o' ours, matey! Prepare to set sail on the high seas of adventure and swashbucklin', landlubber! Ye be part of our crew now, so raise yer grog and let the merriment begin! Arrr!

are, ye brought a wee tear to mine eye with such fine speech making 

• Like 1

Weigh in this week was another weird one.  Scale was down almost 2kgs from last week, but my BF% had spiked such that my absolute amount of fat was higher than when we started.  I know in my mind that the scale readings for BF% are unreliable, but it was still an u pleasant sight.  Waist size was back up to starting size so it does make me wonder if something is up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

5 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Weigh in this week was another weird one.  Scale was down almost 2kgs from last week, but my BF% had spiked such that my absolute amount of fat was higher than when we started.  I know in my mind that the scale readings for BF% are unreliable, but it was still an u pleasant sight.  Waist size was back up to starting size so it does make me wonder if something is up.

I hope this is just a fluke of some sort and it all gets fixed up real nice and back on track very soon for you

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

6/19: 154.4

6/26: 152.5

7/03: 152.3

7/10: TBD

7/17: TBD

7/24: TBD

7/31: TBD

8/07: TBD

8/14: TBD

8/21: TBD

8/28: TBD

9/04: TBD

Progress is progress, even if it is only the barest minimum. I'm not surprised. I'm still very sore from last week's workouts. In addition, we ate out yesterday for a late lunch and it was quite heavy. So much so, we all skipped dinner. I imagine, as eating out goes, there's some sodium involved as I feel quite puffy. I was actually surprised to see any drop on the scale this morning. I shall take it, though, and be content.

Tomorrow is a day off  for me but it's also a run day so hopefully I can convince myself to get up and knock it out before the worst of the heat hits. Will also need to be mindful/careful of food choices as 4th of July foods are not always ideal... especially in my group of friends.

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

25 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hmm.. It's hard to say with one week. Hopefully next week meets your expectations and you'll be able to shrug this off as a blip.

12 minutes ago, Darciana said:

Will also need to be mindful/careful of food choices as 4th of July foods are not always ideal... especially in my group of friends.

Social settings can be super challenging! You got this :D   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Start Weight: 240

6/26- 236.6

7/3- 237.5

I went up a little this week from last week. I'm happy with this.  We got a new scale this week, so I anticipated some difference, and also I didn't walk as much because the air quality was unhealthy AND there were birthdays and traveling so I ate a lot of restaurant food and dessert.  Still, I'm going to shoot to lose 2 pounds this week since there's nothing in my way (knock on wood)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Start Weight: 240

6/26- 236.6

7/3- 237.5

I went up a little this week from last week. I'm happy with this.  We got a new scale this week, so I anticipated some difference, and also I didn't walk as much because the air quality was unhealthy AND there were birthdays and traveling so I ate a lot of restaurant food and dessert.  Still, I'm going to shoot to lose 2 pounds this week since there's nothing in my way (knock on wood)

Cheering you on!!

Also, great job on not letting the pesky scale ruin your happiness!

• Thanks 1

Starting weight: 94.0 kg / 207.2 lbs

Week 1: 91.6 kg / 201.9 lbs (-2.4 / -5.3)

Week 2: 91.2 kg / 201.1 lbs (-0.4 / -0.8)

Cheated a bit by weighing in early (before two days of social / heavy eating), but meh. I have a week now to get rid of any excesses from the weekend... ?

• Like 3

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

26 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Starting weight: 94.0 kg / 207.2 lbs

Week 1: 91.6 kg / 201.9 lbs (-2.4 / -5.3)

Week 2: 91.2 kg / 201.1 lbs (-0.4 / -0.8)

Cheated a bit by weighing in early (before two days of social / heavy eating), but meh. I have a week now to get rid of any excesses from the weekend... ?

I would’ve done the same!! Yo ho ho! Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should've thought of this sooner:

9a667b23cb3eb86c74dd28e5c4714afe.gif

• Haha 4

Hello crewmates! 

I had started all onesies a few weeks ago, but challenge is easier with mates, and Snarky caught be playing by myself :) 

My general goal was about 6 pounds and I started right around  when this was started. So I'll back fill that info.  Generally, I've been wanting to knock off a few but not focusing, and then a friend asked me for assistance setting up a plan for herself, which invigorated me.  Primary method, do the movement, eat the good stuff (veg and protein, ) and avoid the alcohol.

Weigh in is Tues morning.

6/20  133

7/4  131.5

• Like 4

daily dare 49 48  47  46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

2 minutes ago, Chesire said:

and Snarky caught be playing by myself :) 

giphy.gif

gutter-mind-out-the-gutter.gif

• Haha 4

6/21: 267 (my lowest weight in YEARS)

6/30: 269 (up 2 - unexpected funeral while moving) 

7/03: 269 (steady...)

I've been here in spirit... Life got busy, more busy then expected. I was quiet in the last PVP but I ended up hitting my lowest weight by literally just using my tools

Patchy The Pirate Spongebob GIF - Patchy The Pirate Spongebob Nicktoons GIFs

Unexpected storm was more treats/driving when still moving into a new place with an expected funeral/family stress. 

But now the storms have paused I'm ready to play outside a bit this Summer while enjoying local yummy freggies!

Goal, honestly stay in the 260s. I struggled for a good while on moving lower than 272. Last time I was in the 260s before this Summer was last summer. Lets see if I can give 262 a boop on the nose by Fall!

Schitts Creek Love GIF by CBC

• Like 2

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

22 hours ago, Elennare said:

I just got back from vacation, so no weight until tomorrow.  I did have slightly more fast food than my goal, but I did pretty good with the fruits and veggies!

Welcome back! I hope you had a good vacation!

21 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

I've been here in spirit... Life got busy, more busy then expected. I was quiet in the last PVP but I ended up hitting my lowest weight by literally just using my tools

I believe you were a stowaway! GASP!  Glad you're here, and rooting for you to boop 262 on the nose! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Welcome back! I hope you had a good vacation!

Thanks!  Overall it was good, but I also had a weird, scary morning that resulted in me getting injured (short version - pretty sure I was sleep walking, and fell down and bashed my nose on a shower stall).  The end result of that, plus some sore muscles, has caused the longest stretch of non-exercise days I've had this year.  I guess I needed a break. ?‍♀️ At least I got to use my paddle board once before things went sideways. :)

6/19: 174.8

6/26: 177.1

7/7: 175.3

That is not as bad as I was afraid it would be, but also not as good as I had hoped.  Let's see if I can get back to my starting weight by Monday...

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

6 minutes ago, Elennare said:

Thanks!  Overall it was good, but I also had a weird, scary morning that resulted in me getting injured (short version - pretty sure I was sleep walking, and fell down and bashed my nose on a shower stall). 

Sleep walking is scary! I hope you're recovered from your fall!!

I guess I needed a break. ?‍♀️ At least I got to use my paddle board once before things went sideways. :)

Aw man, I'm glad you got a good paddle board before your injury too! 

6/19: 174.8

6/26: 177.1

7/7: 175.3

That is not as bad as I was afraid it would be, but also not as good as I had hoped.  Let's see if I can get back to my starting weight by Monday...

Yeah! that's not too shabby!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I believe you were a stowaway! GASP!  Glad you're here, and rooting for you to boop 262 on the nose

Lol! That is exactly it, now ready to help share my work on the encourgement!

1 hour ago, Elennare said:

I would say this is amazing especially with the weird injury! You will get arr those goals!

• Like 2

Walked the plank! I know exactly what happened, burned both sides of the candle stick and had little emotional/mental buffer abilities to stick with nutrition dense meals. Now I know I'm at or over the buffer time workout my meal plan!

6/21: 267 (my lowest weight in YEARS)

6/30: 269 (up 2 - unexpected funeral while moving) 

7/03: 269 (steady...)

7/10: 270 (up 1)

Walked the plank! I know exactly what happened, burned both sides of the candle stick and had little emotional/mental buffer abilities to stick with nutrition dense meals. Now I know I'm at or over the buffer time workout my meal plan!

• Like 1