Forums are back in action! ×

Forums are back up after the move! Check in with any issues here.

Yay, the forums are back up!

So far, the only noticeable thing is that smilies have been replaced by ? in every thread. 🤔

Edit: except new ones, apparently. 😇

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

Yay, the forums are back up!

So far, the only noticeable thing is that smilies have been replaced by ? in every thread. 🤔

Edit: except new ones, apparently. 😇

Yes, I noticed this as well. All else seems good so far!

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

2 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

When you say smilies, do you mean when people add emojis inline? Can you drop an example. I found a few smiley faces in previous threads so not sure if it is limited to certain embed formats/threads?

Ranger - Rheno - Rising Hero

From my own thread:

On 10/18/2024 at 2:58 PM, TimovieMan said:

Definitely top-3. ?

Happy Friday, everyone! ?

Will most likely translate to: I'll be playing Cyberpunk 2077 on the laptop while they're watching The Masked Singer on TV. ?

About Cyberpunk 2077: I've been going a bit overboard with it these past weeks. I've already racked up 70+ hours in 3 weeks! ?

Alas, the relationship is platonic. She's a romance option, sure, but for a female V, and I'm playing as a male V... ?

Anyway, the main point I'm trying to make is that the game is friggin' brilliant! ?

The ? at the end of each line was definitely an emoji.

Same with the DailyDare thread:

On 10/18/2024 at 9:34 AM, TimovieMan said:

Backlog part 3:

20 split lunges - ?
30 seconds O-pose hold - ?
8 up & down planks - ?  (this is actually one of my wrist exercises)
30 seconds half jacks - ?
5 jump knee tucks - ?

Just 4 more, and I'm current again. ?

These were all 🐝 (except the last one which, knowing myself, was either 😎 or 🤘)

Pretty sure these were all taken from the forum's own editor.

• Like 1

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Thanks @TimovieMan! Did you insert these from the WYSIWYG editor or were these ascii faces that got converted?

I'm wondering if this was an issue with how the database stores emoji characters in the exports... If so, that is bad and we will probably have to just live with it (or pretend today didn't exist and restart with a fresh export based on yesterdays back-up). It may also just be some settings in the new software. I'll reach out to the Forums team to see what the options are.

9 minutes ago, titsworth said:

Thanks @TimovieMan! Did you insert these from the WYSIWYG editor or were these ascii faces that got converted?

I'm wondering if this was an issue with how the database stores emoji characters in the exports... If so, that is bad and we will probably have to just live with it (or pretend today didn't exist and restart with a fresh export based on yesterdays back-up). It may also just be some settings in the new software. I'll reach out to the Forums team to see what the options are.

Most were from the WYSIWYG editor. The converted ones usually aren't quite the ones I want, so I hardly ever use those.

The bees were taken from the tooltip options after starting to type ":bee". At least the first one, the rest were then probably copy-pasted from that one.

What I *have* always noticed is that the emojis look slightly different on my private laptop than on my work laptop. Despite both running Windows 11 and using Google Chrome. Before the forum migration, I mean. Haven't yet checked on my work laptop now.

Is the "Store" new? I don't remember if it was there before, but something seems broken.

image.png.393e7aaa471c171c1b9517d4ca1fe448.png

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Adventures: Adventurers Wanted: A West-Marches Campaign

10 minutes ago, Ranger Hal said:

Is the "Store" new? I don't remember if it was there before, but something seems broken.

It is... It shouldn't be there though. Working to get it removed as we don't have a store.... but I'm having a hard time finding the section of the site that is adding that :D 

• Like 1

Notification emails aren't going out, although that might just be a backlog thing it's working through.

Looks pretty good! Not a bad migration, as they go. :D

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

7 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Notification emails aren't going out, although that might just be a backlog thing it's working through.

Thanks! Looking into that now.

7 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Looks pretty good! Not a bad migration, as they go. :D

Thanks! It was relatively painless. The hardest part was coordinating the people in the chain across different schedules and time zones. 

22 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

I've changed some settings. I think I need to get the Invision team to whitelist an the IP and it will start working again.

Just now, titsworth said:

I've changed some settings. I think I need to get the Invision team to whitelist an the IP and it will start working again.

Yep, starting to see emails coming in!

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Yep, starting to see emails coming in!

You guys get emails? I stopped using the follow feature because it was inconsistent. Or, possibly, the error was mine.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

You guys get emails? I stopped using the follow feature because it was inconsistent. Or, possibly, the error was mine.

I get a digest e-mail every... every little while? I've never really thought about it, but looking back through my e-mails it appears I get a weekly one, and some weeks I get a bonus one that also calls itself weekly.

The last one of those I got was on 20th October, but being weeklyish I won't know if I'm missing one until next Monday.

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

You guys get emails?

Only for the past eleven years. Before that, nothing.

• Haha 2

I just ran into an issue where I went onto the second page of thread (using either the "next" arrow or clicking on the number) loads you to the bottom of the second page rather than the top.  Haven't tested it in a thread with more than 2 pages, but I'd guess it's got the same behavior.

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)