Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

This has been the libertarian argument for years. Liberals seek validation from the state (i.e. If the state recognizes it, then it is for real). Conservatives seek validation from the church (i.e. The church says no, so the state must). Libertarians believe in individual validation which is enabled by maximum liberty. I as a Christian can choose to attend a church which does not recognize gay marriage, while you as a secular humanist can perform a ceremony within your ecumenical body and we can exercise our respective beliefs as equals and with respect for the others' inherent human dignity without forcing our politics to infringe on each other.

That's why I identify with it, I'm by far more libertarian than anything.

It's nice to see that argument being mentioned in the political arena though, maybe it's a start.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Thanks for the heads up ColoQ. Super excited about going, it has been a long, long time since my Little Brother and I have been road tripping together! We have even booked in to have commemorative tattoos done! 

As far as the foot in mouth thing goes I do so much better public speaking than I do one on one. Give me a room full of absolute strangers and I'm all good, put me in an intimate setting, like a pub or someone's house and I can't seem to string two words together and if I do they seem inappropriate and........wrong?!?!

I guess that comes from working with kids all the time, kidspeak is easy!

One other tip.. Seriously Make sure you keep your stamina up / don't get too hungover for Fat Tuesday. It was honestly the best part of the trip for me, and I was a little too hungover and exhausted from 6 days of Bourbon Street frat-boy style partying to fully enjoy it. 

• Like 1

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

A new angle in the debate for/against same sex marriage. http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/oklahoma-divorce-marriage-government-video/#axzz2reDaBftX

I support this idea 100%, I feel like the government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage at all...

This is pretty much where I stand on marriage - the government has no business in it.  At all.  On the government level, we should replace marriage(gay, straight, and any other variations) with domestic partnership that doesn't care whether it's 2 men, 2 women, or even an unmarried man and woman, or whether those individuals are even in a romantic relationship or a non-romantic friendship.  Government trying to encourage any one particular family structure over another is over-reaching into a realm in which government has no business interfering.

While I can't even begin to claim that I know what it's like to face the kind of challenges and discrimination that those within the LGBTQA community deal with on a daily basis, it still boggles my mind to see the petty attempt that some will make to screw over other groups of people that simply happen to be wired a different way.  We're all human beings, and the whole "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" thing should apply to all of us.

• Like 4

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

And now this song is stuck in my head... 

"You gots the ways and means to New orleans!..." (now with obligatory YouTube Link as well.. )

• Like 1

Welcome!  good to see you, grab a chair, and make yourself at home. 

Hi Twilight :) Nice to see you! 

and in an attempt to get people talking again...how does everyone feel about pride jewelry...rings, bracelets etc.? I had to buy a new wedding band yesterday, and didn't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on something I don't LOVE, and have plans for a much nicer ring for later, so I found this:

a20791e13cb3644eb5a3f3_s.png

and I bought it...because for me, it allows me to both show my commitment to my marriage, but being that I am in a married to a man, it also allows those who have brains to realize there may be more to the story...which is exactly how I want it to be. So it worked for me. 

But what do you all think, do you care? Are you more apt to go for traditional symbols of commitment, or none at all? I never cared much for those sorts of things at all personally, but they matter a lot to him, which makes them matter to me. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Hi Twilight :) Nice to see you! 

and in an attempt to get people talking again...how does everyone feel about pride jewelry...rings, bracelets etc.? I had to buy a new wedding band yesterday, and didn't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on something I don't LOVE, and have plans for a much nicer ring for later, so I found this:

a20791e13cb3644eb5a3f3_s.png

and I bought it...because for me, it allows me to both show my commitment to my marriage, but being that I am in a married to a man, it also allows those who have brains to realize there may be more to the story...which is exactly how I want it to be. So it worked for me. 

But what do you all think, do you care? Are you more apt to go for traditional symbols of commitment, or none at all? I never cared much for those sorts of things at all personally, but they matter a lot to him, which makes them matter to me. 

Regarding stuff like that, go for it...  I myself would just assume not have any symbols of marriage, outside of whatever you want it to be.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Nice ring!

I've been keeping an eye out for a black ring of some kind but haven't found one I really like yet or is in a size small enough.  I also really have no idea how well it would even be recognized as an asexual symbol.  

I may make a maille bracelet with the black, grey, and purple shades but I need to get a bit better with the maille first :-)

• Like 2

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Don't know about jewellery but Little Brother and I got pride tattoos at the Sydney Mardi Gras, which by the way was fucking AWESOME!

Biggest one yet and the after party was just...........a feast for the eyes!

Not big into symbols, but if I like something I will wear it, for example, I like pentagrams and have several but do not consider myself overly pagan or heathen, but love the shape so wear them because I just like them.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Queer (pansexual) femme checking in :)

Bekah, I love your ring! One of my partners and I exchanged rings a couple years ago and, also wanting to go the not-spend-crazy-amounts-of-money route, we went with anodized titanium from a guy who sells on etsy. They're gorgeous.

• Like 1

Hope

LEVEL 0 | DEEP DWARF | ADVENTURER

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Backstory |  Facebook || Challenges: 

"Certainty of death...small chance of success...what are we waiting for?" - Gimli

I have rainbow earrings in both ears, the double female symbol in one ear, yin yang tat with the black being done in the pride colors instead, and the engagement ring my girlfriend gave me is two women holding a moonstone

I've seen some black rings...let me see if I can find the link :)
  • Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Rings?

1)

tumblr_inline_n14323hatH1rrhhbl.jpg

2)

tumblr_inline_n14372KjsN1rrhhbl.jpg

Dripping with badassery, but...

1) All fun and great until you get to the club and everyone is like "OMG CAN I TRY THOSE ON?? :D" They also all need to be taken off whenever it's washroom time.

2) None of them fit properly :( I want to get them resized, but I'll probably get reported as a terrorist or something. Maybe I can have each one resized at a different location...still, wearing all four in public is probably illegal (even though actually punching someone with them would likely damage my knuckles just as much as the target).

Great for pretending I'm lvl 50 on the Internet, though!

• Like 5

Hey, just checking in! I'm pretty new (as evidenced by the low post number) and glad this thread exists. I'm a (halfway out) lesbian!

Also all your rings look really cool but I have nothing to contribute in this department. I was born with slightly crooked fingers and any time I tried wearing a ring (even Ring Pop!s when I was a kid) they'd get stuck and getting them out was hell :x If I ever get in a super serious relationship (which is bound to happen because lesbians) I'll probably get a bracelet or earrings. 

Welcome to NF :-)

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Welcome mukimono. :)

I also can't stop staring at the most adorable strawberry I've ever seen.

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy