Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

I haven't posted in such a long time. I had a crappy week this week but things are a bit better now, so I decided to do something bold and get my hair undercut today, and now it's 1:15 a.m. and I'm dying the undercut blue. :) I miss you, fellow queers!

Sorry youyou had a rough week. I've been planning to do this exact thing for forever now but my husband was never OK with an undercut. I finally managed to talk to him about feeling like I have never been allowed to just be me by anyone a and that my hair has always been influenced by other people who wanted me to look femenine. After that he became really supportive and now I'm finally going to do it. I want to put ultraviolet purple streaks in the top half too. This is a pretty big deal for me. I feel like I'm on the way to finally being able to express myself freely.
  • Like 5

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

I have a question for those of you who identify as Asexual or Aromantic...to your knowledge/in your experience, do they seem to both occur together? Meaning are most Asexuals also Aromantic or vice versa? I have NO clue what either of those even remotely are like, I'm probably the exact opposite of both...maybe we can add a couple of O's to our alphabet soup (for Oversexualized and Overromantic)?? LOL!

I am so behind and so much I wanted to respond to in this thread...but THIS...omg, I need these O's, especially the first one! LOL

Whoever said something about religious zealots...I live in MS, I feel your pain...ignorance of some is just amazing...I could say more but that would get me very worked up and I have to do homework at some point today (give me 2 weeks, I'll be done with school then and we can devote a whole thread to it! LOL)

I find it odd I just said last night I wanted "mermaid hair"...I want the kind that washes out though since I have very long hair and do not want to have to grow out a color, and I don't think my job would appreciate it...well, they would, but it does go against the dress code :( oh, and I want it ombre (?) I believe is what I'm thinking of...just cause I think it would look cool....or else I would just look like an old woman trying to recapture her youth :/

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Manic panic washes out and is great stuff. You have to bleach it for anything not red though. They have a turquios and one called enchanted forest that both look mermaid-y to me and would make a very pretty ombre

• Like 2

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The Stories Not Told

Level 2 Half-Elf

I am so behind and so much I wanted to respond to in this thread...but THIS...omg, I need these O's, especially the first one! LOL

Whoever said something about religious zealots...I live in MS, I feel your pain...ignorance of some is just amazing...I could say more but that would get me very worked up and I have to do homework at some point today (give me 2 weeks, I'll be done with school then and we can devote a whole thread to it! LOL)

I find it odd I just said last night I wanted "mermaid hair"...I want the kind that washes out though since I have very long hair and do not want to have to grow out a color, and I don't think my job would appreciate it...well, they would, but it does go against the dress code :( oh, and I want it ombre (?) I believe is what I'm thinking of...just cause I think it would look cool....or else I would just look like an old woman trying to recapture her youth :/

ye, yes and yes...I cant wait for school break! I'm glad I'm not the only multiple O in the room annnnnnd ombre mermaid hair would be Awesome :D I dunno about the old lady recapturing her youth bit though, bc well...I never grew up to begin with :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Manic panic washes out and is great stuff. You have to bleach it for anything not red though. They have a turquios and one called enchanted forest that both look mermaid-y to me and would make a very pretty ombre

me and bleach is a big no-no :(

Red is my favorite color though...hmmm...

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

ye, yes and yes...I cant wait for school break! I'm glad I'm not the only multiple O in the room annnnnnd ombre mermaid hair would be Awesome :D I dunno about the old lady recapturing her youth bit though, bc well...I never grew up to begin with :)

I've reached that age where others say 'her old ass should know better' LOL

Spoiler

thats only bc you are in MS...home of the judgemental old Southern harridans! Other places, no one would care :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

thats only bc you are in MS...home of the judgemental old Southern harridans! Other places, no one would care :)

You have an extremely valid point here lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Spoiler

Ahhh I'm jealous of all you guys and your hair dyeing. It's off the table for me because I need to look for a grown-up job, boo. (Also bleaching is a pain in the ass but shhh.) 

Pffft. So long as you own it, who cares? The South sucks. :\

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ahhh I'm jealous of all you guys and your hair dyeing. It's off the table for me because I need to look for a grown-up job, boo. (Also bleaching is a pain in the ass but shhh.) 

Pffft. So long as you own it, who cares? The South sucks. :\

Yes, it does

and I have a grown up job, which is why I can't do it :'(

• Like 1

Spoiler

Sorry youyou had a rough week. I've been planning to do this exact thing for forever now but my husband was never OK with an undercut. I finally managed to talk to him about feeling like I have never been allowed to just be me by anyone a and that my hair has always been influenced by other people who wanted me to look femenine. After that he became really supportive and now I'm finally going to do it. I want to put ultraviolet purple streaks in the top half too. This is a pretty big deal for me. I feel like I'm on the way to finally being able to express myself freely.

That sounds awesome. It's good that you told your husband how you felt and wonderful that he listened and understood. 

I really like my undercut, I'm glad I did it! My stylist was very cautious about it at first; she kept saying "are you sure?" because I have long hair, and obviously if I get tired of it, the undercut is going to be growing out for a while. Finally, I told her "I promise you that I have never cried over a haircut," and she went for it. From that point on, she was grinning and saying "this is so cool" the whole time. 

I have a job that's sort of a mix - a few people in the company have a LOT of arm tattoos, including the Vice President. But we also have conservative clients, so it's understood that you have to cover the tattoos at times. Likewise, you can have hair that's a little punk but it needs to either be somewhat conservative or you need to be able to tone it down. I went for the undercut and dyed only that side (I got the undercut with very short, close-cut hair instead of full-on shaved), and so when I style my hair a certain way, no one can see it at all. 

• Like 3

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Daily Battle Log: Shaeon Restores Balance to the Force

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Current Challenge: Shaeon Focuses

"With great boots comes great responsibility."

Hm....an undercut sounds like a good idea. I had one when I was like...eh 15 or so that I did myself with clippers and I loved it, and there is no reason I can't now, and well...why not? I will just make sure I can do something that looks presentable if I need to...and probably wont dye it, but hmmm...maybe I can test dye some blue or green? I know the red dye gives me issues (even in foods and such) but maybe the blue/green wont be so bad? I am totally willing to test and wait. 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Bekah the blue and green wash out the fastest so if it does give you any issues it won't be for nearly as long as a red.

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The Stories Not Told

Level 2 Half-Elf

Bekah the blue and green wash out the fastest so if it does give you any issues it won't be for nearly as long as a red.

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The Stories Not Told

Level 2 Half-Elf

and uhm.....DUH!!! I can use Henna for red and that I KNOW doesnt give me any problems (my daughter uses a really good quality all natural one and does henna art on me all the time) 

Soooooo. I am going to do an undercut and dye it with henna and It should look something like this: 

henna-before-and-after.jpg

• Like 4

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Yes, it does

and I have a grown up job, which is why I can't do it :'(

Any chance you can be sneaky and try a little underneath or something? Just for shits and giggles? I know the answer's most likely no but I want to live vicariously through someone, dammit. 

Heads up to anyone thinking about blue/green: Special Effects' Fish Bowl is not as blue as it looks in the bottle. And definitely turns green on freshly bleached hair. Whee. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Any chance you can be sneaky and try a little underneath or something? Just for shits and giggles? I know the answer's most likely no but I want to live vicariously through someone, dammit. 

Heads up to anyone thinking about blue/green: Special Effects' Fish Bowl is not as blue as it looks in the bottle. And definitely turns green on freshly bleached hair. Whee. 

I work in a hospital, and manage the kitchen (as well as housekeeping and work in the accounting department) so at some point in the day I see everyone that works there, as well as a majority of guests and some patients...so...yea, no, don't think I could pull that off LOL

I have a job that's sort of a mix - a few people in the company have a LOT of arm tattoos, including the Vice President. But we also have conservative clients, so it's understood that you have to cover the tattoos at times. Likewise, you can have hair that's a little punk but it needs to either be somewhat conservative or you need to be able to tone it down. I went for the undercut and dyed only that side (I got the undercut with very short, close-cut hair instead of full-on shaved), and so when I style my hair a certain way, no one can see it at all. 

I have 17 tats...one of my rules is don't get any that can't be covered if they need to be...though they have seen the ones on my legs when I wear dresses, but for the most part no one says anything if one peeks out...

back

This is a few of them...
  • Like 6

Spoiler

and uhm.....DUH!!! I can use Henna for red and that I KNOW doesnt give me any problems (my daughter uses a really good quality all natural one and does henna art on me all the time) 

Soooooo. I am going to do an undercut and dye it with henna and It should look something like this: 

henna-before-and-after.jpg

Sounds like a good solution, Bekah! I also get you deferring to your mom on color, but the one time I had my hair professionally dyed (this was the red over my dark hair) a friend did it. She fussed at me for using grocery store dye in the past and said that professional dye was much healthier and longer lasting. 

It made my hair fall out (not to the point of baldness or anything, but my hair was thin for a while after that) and it also faded much faster than grocery store brands ever had with me. *shrug* I figure some people just react badly to some chemical dyes, and it really doesn't matter if it's pro or not, it's just about the person. 

I work in a hospital, and manage the kitchen (as well as housekeeping and work in the accounting department) so at some point in the day I see everyone that works there, as well as a majority of guests and some patients...so...yea, no, don't think I could pull that off LOL

I have 17 tats...one of my rules is don't get any that can't be covered if they need to be...though they have seen the ones on my legs when I wear dresses, but for the most part no one says anything if one peeks out...

This is a few of them...

Nice tats, Redeagle! I have 3 myself. I really want to get a new one soon-ish. :)

• Like 1

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Sounds like a good solution, Bekah! I also get you deferring to your mom on color, but the one time I had my hair professionally dyed (this was the red over my dark hair) a friend did it. She fussed at me for using grocery store dye in the past and said that professional dye was much healthier and longer lasting. 

It made my hair fall out (not to the point of baldness or anything, but my hair was thin for a while after that) and it also faded much faster than grocery store brands ever had with me. *shrug* I figure some people just react badly to some chemical dyes, and it really doesn't matter if it's pro or not, it's just about the person. 

Nice tats, Redeagle! I have 3 myself. I really want to get a new one soon-ish. :)

yeah, I have never reacted to professional color before, but they were typical reds, bleach etc, not purple, green, blue and bright colors, so I think it might have been that!

I want a tattoo too! I priced some all natural inks and the tray alone was $400, so it's going to be a while, plus I'm not too sure what I want yet, I'm thinking a gecko and stars or something bc i wont get a bright blue with natural ink, so I cant do any RB or rainbow stuff :(

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

my friend henna'd her hair, the colour is fantastic! but be aware that you cant really go swimming in chlorinated pools and you also cant ever wash it out. not sure about dyeing over the top though. but yeh, henna is a commitment. 

• Like 3

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

my friend henna'd her hair, the colour is fantastic! but be aware that you cant really go swimming in chlorinated pools and you also cant ever wash it out. not sure about dyeing over the top though. but yeh, henna is a commitment. 

I had no idea about the cholorinated pools, thanks for that :D

but I did know that it is permanent, which is fine :) 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

A bunch of genderqueers here have blue hair. It's like secret code or something.

I have observed that a LOT of bisexual women dye their hair red. I hadn't thought to consider it a secret code, but when a woman has red hair, I tend to be a little more confident approaching her. 

Or maybe I just have a thing for redheads. ;)

• Like 4

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet