Forums are back in action! ×

I love the Stardust. Fun fact, I worked in accounting at the chemical manufacturing plant across the street for a while, prior to the date of this video. Every Thursday employees could get free product from the factory seconds they couldn't sell due to packaging flaws. I was knee-deep in American Crew shampoo, conditioner, and hair gel while things lasted. Based on the healthy shine you're sporting in that video, these are products that you did not need. Now I have hair envy.

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

12 hours ago, Bearlee said:

OMG, it's like seeing a baby Sloth. There is a really nice close up of you and Mrs. Sloth at the 17:35 mark of the show. Can't believe this was on Comedy Central, looks more like Minnesota Public Television quality. Any idea what national emergency happened during this time to prompt the Red Cross banner during the show (sneaky way of asking time frame of show)?

Hah.  

It was originally shown on a UHF channel just after bartime.  It expanded to a few midwest stations and had a minor cult following, but it didn't translate to a national audience.

I had to google it to see when it was filmed.  I never actually saw it until now.  2001 was probably 9-11.

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You look 12 years old.

C'mon, I looked at least 15.  At the time I was 32 and got carded every single time I went out.  Clean living, no stress (I loved my job), and lots of exercise and fresh air kept me young.  A few years later everything changed and my age caught up to me rapidly.  You could practically watch my hair grow grey.

7 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

It will only be for a short while, and I'll make sure that she gets a lot of Fb likes, even if I have to secretly send messages to my friends to like the post on Fb! Never done it before, but maybe my friends will support me to help "lift up her heart in joy" ??! :P The point you miss, is that you'll have a mil (for that little while) who will go biking with you. She will help and support you fully with your cycling, drag you along to races (although it might be road races and not mountain bike). She does sometimes train on open forest dirt roads, which often goes by some waterfall or another, which could be nice. AND!!! you will be her hero for that while because 1.) you're a teacher, and 2.) you cycle  :D

The boys were both very impressed and Rocco immediately said "four minifigures!".

I think I'll stick to our card-trading, thanks.

You look very young in that photo. So nice to put faces to names.

Thanks.  

When you put it that way, I'll gladly trade MILs with you. :)

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

You never run out of awesomeness do you?

I ran out years ago.  This is old recycled awesomeness.

1 hour ago, LadyShello said:

What a strange show.  I guess it pays to know the comedians.  You had good seats.  

It was strange.  Most of the people were also involved with Mystery Science Theater 3000, which was super-cool.  I think we got the seats randomly, probably most people in the audience knew someone involved in the show.

• Like 6

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

2 minutes ago, EricMN said:

I love the Stardust. Fun fact, I worked in accounting at the chemical manufacturing plant across the street for a while, prior to the date of this video. Every Thursday employees could get free product from the factory seconds they couldn't sell due to packaging flaws. I was knee-deep in American Crew shampoo, conditioner, and hair gel while things lasted. Based on the healthy shine you're sporting in that video, these are products that you did not need. Now I have hair envy.

Funny.  I've always wanted to be bald.  Hair is so much hassle.  Back then I was still using a little American Crew gel to keep things looking fresh.  This was before I started cutting my own hair.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

6/11/17 Sunday

I was in a foul mood.  

I woke to a green sky with a big, black bank of clouds rolling in quickly.  Anyone who's read Otis and the Tornado as many times as I have knows that a green sky is bad news.  

61+uvhTb1bL.jpg

Like this, only without the anthropomorphic tractor or the funnel cloud.

Slothgirl and I quickly cleared the yard of kettlebells, sledgehammers, toys, and dogs just before the rain hit.  It was crazy hard.  At my dad's the city had to use a snowplow to clear hail out of the streets.  No tornados though.  

Mrs. Sloth took the kids to an event at teh art museum.  I was going to ride the trainer.  Instead the basement fridge went out.  This is the important one, it has the beer and meat in it.  I spent my time diagnosing it (short circuit) and moving food upstairs.  I think Mrs. Sloth just wants to replace it.  That sent me in a downward spiral of domestic rangering.  I spent all day doing stuff without actually getting anything done.  I was finally going to train when Mrs. Sloth asked about going out to dinner.  We had Pho.  It was pretty much the only thing I ate yesterday, which probably explains the mood.

Also more nitpicking Slothgirl; it was the highlight of the day.  It's a very Zen way to spend your time.  Plus it was nice to just hang out with her and chat.

Today I'm in a good mood.  We'll see if I can manage to train :) 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Also more nitpicking Slothgirl; it was the highlight of the day.  It's a very Zen way to spend your time.  Plus it was nice to just hang out with her and chat.

Finding the positive side of nitpicking is either a testiment to your work on productivity or a testiment to how bad your day was if this was the highlight.  I'm glad today is better. Hopefully it stays that way. 

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 6/11/2017 at 9:29 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I went to TML's garage sale. He was priced to sell. He didn't have much left when I got there. I picked up a couple games (munchkin and The Resistance) and some fake Oakleys that have good clarity for practically free. @Rooks saved me a lot of money by buying the kettlebells.

Feel free to swing by and use them whenever. Or I'd probably even let you borrow a few. I probably bought more than I needed, but I'm a sucker for workout gear.

Also, this Let's Bowl show is fantastic. I'm sad I never Comedy Central back in the day.

• Like 1

I rewrote my post; I was too whiny, even for me. Hmmph, it's still kind of whiny. Come back in a couple days. 

I didn't train, except for a non-zero amount of Yoga. I'm just mentally worn out. That sounds stupid when I say it...

My students are ending the year well. I wish I had spent more time with the 90% good kids and less on the other 10%.  We really could have accomplished something. 

Slothboy graduated kindergarten today. The ceremony was nice. For 85 students there were 325+ people in the audience. It's only two miles away from my school, but it's a whole different world. Anyway, he had a great teacher and he learned a lot this year. Slothgirl too. 

At Target some kid was following me around bouncing a basketball. For like 10 minutes, maybe more. I don't think he knew me, I think he was just being a jerk. I didn't want to interact act with him 'cause I'm tired of telling kids how to act right. Finally I turned around and gave him a stern teacher look. He freaked out, fell over sideways into a display, knocking it all over.  He looked at me, looked down, and started picking everything up.  He carried the ball and put it away too.  I never said a word. :)

Oh, if you have kids or are pixie-sized, Target is selling a zorb for $40.  It's rated to 150lbs. Mrs. Sloth somehow knew I was about to buy something stupid, texted me, and made me put it back. :(

• Like 14

At Target some kid was following me around bouncing a basketball. For like 10 minutes, maybe more. I don't think he knew me, I think he was just being a jerk. I didn't want to interact act with him 'cause I'm tired of telling kids how to act right. Finally I turned around and gave him a stern teacher look. He freaked out, fell over sideways into a display, knocking it all over.  He looked at me, looked down, and started picking everything up.  He carried the ball and put it away too.  I never said a word. [emoji4]. 

Oh, if you have kids or are pixie-sized, Target is selling a zorb for $40.  It's rated to 150lbs. Mrs. Sloth somehow knew I was about to buy something stupid, texted me, and made me put it back. [emoji20]. 

1. Bahahahahaaa suck it, kid (also way to go

on that apparently life changing look)

2. It's Target... does anyone ever get out of there without buying something stupid?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

At Target some kid was following me around bouncing a basketball. For like 10 minutes, maybe more. I don't think he knew me, I think he was just being a jerk. I didn't want to interact act with him 'cause I'm tired of telling kids how to act right. Finally I turned around and gave him a stern teacher look. He freaked out, fell over sideways into a display, knocking it all over.  He looked at me, looked down, and started picking everything up.  He carried the ball and put it away too.  I never said a word. :)

LOL :D oh made my day :D still giggling...

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Oh, if you have kids or are pixie-sized, Target is selling a zorb for $40.  It's rated to 150lbs. Mrs. Sloth somehow knew I was about to buy something stupid, texted me, and made me put it back. :(

ROFL, well almost, but still giggling and grinning.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Love this! 

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Especially love that your wife basically gave you the same look over the phone.  

• Like 7

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I didn't train, except for a non-zero amount of Yoga. I'm just mentally worn out. That sounds stupid when I say it...

Dude, if you sound stupid when you say that, I must sound like a buffoon on the regular.

This episode made me unreasonably happy.

4 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

4 hours ago, Rooks said:

6 hours ago, ixaera said:

I had to look up what the heck a zorb was

Glad I wasn't the only one. :) 

Yup!

For the record, I knew what a Zorb was and I haven't even been to Target.

4 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Then considered whether or not I could be healthy at 150 to actually get one. 

This had not occurred to me until now. *off to check macros*

• Like 3

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

On 6/12/2017 at 11:32 AM, LadyShello said:

Finding the positive side of nitpicking is either a testiment to your work on productivity or a testiment to how bad your day was if this was the highlight.  I'm glad today is better. Hopefully it stays that way. 

Positivity has made a big leap forward since I first came on NF many moons ago, but nitpicking is seriously peaceful.  It's very zen.  Thanks, everything has been good since then.

On 6/13/2017 at 10:59 AM, Rooks said:

Feel free to swing by and use them whenever. Or I'd probably even let you borrow a few. I probably bought more than I needed, but I'm a sucker for workout gear.

Also, this Let's Bowl show is fantastic. I'm sad I never Comedy Central back in the day.

I've never had cable, so I've missed a lot of cool TV.  Let's Bowl used to be on channel 41 at 2:00 am.  

Thanks.  I actually have all the KBs I need, but I didn't want to pass them up just in case I needed more later.  I'm sure they're in a good forever home.

On 6/14/2017 at 2:55 AM, Yasha92 said:

1. Bahahahahaaa suck it, kid (also way to go

on that apparently life changing look)

2. It's Target... does anyone ever get out of there without buying something stupid?

Yeah, all kids can suck it!  I used to give that look automatically.  I'd be walking through a store, some kid would suddenly stop acting the fool, and Mrs. Sloth would yell at me, "Quit doing that to the kids."  I can turn it off now.

I don't.

On 6/14/2017 at 10:16 AM, ixaera said:

I had to look up what the heck a zorb was

hahahahaha awesome

if there were any hills around here I would totally

No,  all you need is a couple of pixie-sized friends.  You can take turns pushing each other around and it counts as intervals.

On 6/14/2017 at 10:52 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

LOL :D oh made my day :D still giggling...

ROFL, well almost, but still giggling and grinning.

:)

On 6/14/2017 at 0:01 PM, Sylvaa said:

Yup!

Then considered whether or not I could be healthy at 150 to actually get one. 

Target's a mega-corporation.  Their lawyers have engineered in a large safety margin.  The question is whether we're too tall to squeeze in.

On 6/14/2017 at 0:25 PM, LadyShello said:

Love this! 

Especially love that your wife basically gave you the same look over the phone.  

I hate that look.  She gives it a lot.

• Like 8

I was out doing stuff the other day and came across this, so I had to take a picture 

large.IMG_1342.JPG.fa29b4dcd460e877c46f044a496d2460.JPG

• Like 9

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

A little reflecting on the end of the year.  I didn't do a whole lot of teaching these last three weeks.  What I did do is keep everyone safe, under control, and out of trouble.  The kids-who-work finished some projects that they were proud of and ended the feeling successful and ready for seventh grade.  The kids-who-don't-work, stayed out of trouble, mostly, and ended the year feeling like maybe they can handle school after all.  Maybe a master teacher could have done all that as well as kept teaching new content, but I'm pretty proud of how it went.  Which is not the kind of thing I say about myself very often.  It was exhausting though.

6/14/17 Wednesday

It was a good day.  It was the last day of school.  We rented out the local park and took all of the sixth graders over.  Fourth grade added themselves to our permit, causing some displeasure on our part and they refused to help pay for the rental, also they didn't make their kids clean up after themselves.  It all worked out though and I am done being irritated.  We had field day events and brought a ton of extra activities.  All of our kids acted great, I didn't have to use my teacher look once, except at fourth graders.  Okay, now I'm done being irritated.

Some girl texted her boyfriend - we had a no phone policy, which was otherwise followed, except for by some fourth graders.  Okay, NOW I'm done.  Anyway, this boy who had free-time because his school kicked him out for the last week, came over.  Some boy got irritated that he was there, some girl got irritated that some other girl texted him.  There was a whole lot of drama.  Eventually one of the other teachers scared him off.  That was the only point when any of our kids were acting negatively toward one another.  

The last day is kind of dangerous.  There are a lot of emotions and uncertainty, but our kids handled everything well and everyone left the school feeling good about things.  I'm pretty happy about all of that.

I was hot and tired when I got home and sat in front of the fan for a good hour.  We had a picnic at a lake and I went to bed as soon as possible.  No training.

6/15/17 Thursday

It is a good day.  Paperwork day at school.  My goal was to be done at 10:00, but I was there until 4:00, but now I'm totally cleared out and all my paperwork is filed.  I still need to sign up for some summer professional development, but hopefully this will be the last you'll have to hear about school until August.

Mother-in-law is coming tomorrow.  

So far today I've done Yoga.  If I'm still awake I'll put some lights on and get a night ride in.

• Like 12

On 6/14/2017 at 4:31 PM, EricMN said:

Dude, if you sound stupid when you say that, I must sound like a buffoon on the regular.

This episode made me unreasonably happy.

For the record, I knew what a Zorb was and I haven't even been to Target.

This had not occurred to me until now. *off to check macros*

I missed you.  I meant replying.  Not that I wouldn't miss you if you went away... Anywho.

The difference is, you do kick-ass workouts that would kill me like twice a day, you need a break.  I've been too mentally weak to keep up with a low-volume program.

If you have a lot of discretionary money laying around, buying a real Zorb might be easier than losing a few pounds.

Zorb at Amazon free shipping.

25 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

I was out doing stuff the other day and came across this, so I had to take a picture 

large.IMG_1342.JPG.fa29b4dcd460e877c46f044a496d2460.JPG

I'm glad you're still alive.

I just made this my FB cover photo.  Thanks :) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Yeah, all kids can suck it!  I used to give that look automatically.  I'd be walking through a store, some kid would suddenly stop acting the fool, and Mrs. Sloth would yell at me, "Quit doing that to the kids."  I can turn it off now.

I don't.

This made me smile :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It is a good day.  Paperwork day at school.  My goal was to be done at 10:00, but I was there until 4:00, but now I'm totally cleared out and all my paperwork is filed.  I still need to sign up for some summer professional development, but hopefully this will be the last you'll have to hear about school until August.

Man! The one break starts, then the next thing pops up.

Hope you have an awesome summer break nonetheless.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

6/15/17 Thursday

How to read that post:

landscape-1467009654-fe1ba950-f808-11e4-

• Like 8

9 hours ago, LadyShello said:

How to read that post:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

16 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Man! The one break starts, then the next thing pops up.

Hope you have an awesome summer break nonetheless.

Nah, it's all good.  I just gotta watch what I stay.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, LadyShello said:

How to read that post:

That's perfect.

36 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's exactly what I said.

• Like 2