Forums are back in action! ×

I'm 5/7 I did my wellington last night and it was pretty good! have plenty of leftovers. I'll add it to the spreadsheet this week along with my other recipes (ive been lazy and off the boat this week....) Good luck for the mileage challenge! 

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Apologies because blur. Last minute concoction for 7/7 and epic yumminess.

Spinach, halloumi and pesto omlette. Amazingly tasty!

WP_20150816_21_12_24_Pro_zpsn2k3x8f0.jpg

That looks lovely Scotty! 

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I made whole wheat spaghetti with a sundried/basil/parsley tomato pesto! 

Approximate recipe:

1 lb whole wheat spaghetti 

1 cup fresh basil (I used a mix of purple and regular basil since I just bought a basil plant that has three types of basil in it)

1 cup fresh parsley

1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds (pinenuts are too dang expensive so sunflower seeds make a good substitute) 

1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, packed in oil

1/4 cup grated pecorino romano

1/4 cup grated asiago

1/4 cup grated parmesan

1/2 cup garlic olive oil 

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

Directions for the pesto

1.  toast sunflower seeds in oven at 400 degrees for like 2 minutes, they will toast up quickly
  2. add the seeds to food processor and process until they look like bread crumbs
  3. add in fresh basil and parsley and process till it forms a lumpy paste
  4. add olive oil and sun-dried tomatoes and process until it forms a smoother paste
  5. add grated cheeses and process until incorporated
  6. add to pasta!

I'm sure you guys know how to boil water and cook pasta so I won't insult your intelligence by providing directions :P

(although I did have a terrible college roommate who could neither boil water nor cook pasta, she bought pasta in a bag like those rice in a bag things. the horror. She was not terrible for her cooking skills, she was terrible for other reasons, like her lack of respect for other people's feelings)

• Like 2

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Okay, since jmk joined Team Pancake there was imbalance in the Force. ;)

I don't know how much of an asset I'll be, but I am now part of Team Waffle!  Time to break out my grid-iron...

How did that term ever come to be associated with American football when it's clearly meant to refer to waffles?

• Like 5

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

I don't know how much of an asset I'll be, but I am now part of Team Waffle!  Time to break out my grid-iron...

How did that term ever come to be associated with American football when it's clearly meant to refer to waffles?

YEAH TEAM WAFFLE LETS GO!  B)

there should be a waffle emoticon...we should petition

• Like 2

Apologies because blur. Last minute concoction for 7/7 and epic yumminess.

Spinach, halloumi and pesto omlette. Amazingly tasty!

WP_20150816_21_12_24_Pro_zpsn2k3x8f0.jpg

Looks good Scotty. Way to improvise and get all those points for Team pancake!

Welcome to the dark side......

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Good luck!

You're going to need it.

• Like 3
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

On Saturday I made a rice stir-fry with the bf, taking your traditional boxed rice (this one was garlic and herb), and adding cubed tofu, bell peppers, onions, and seasoning to taste. I also made scrambled eggs, which isn't hard but I actually got out a pan and made edible food. So those were my cooking adventures this weekend!

• Like 2

Saera Windrunner, Level 1 Centaur Adventurer

STR 1 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challenge ~ 1st Almost-Challenge

Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Accountabilibuddies!

Be like Batman:

29.05%
29.05%

Beware the Carb Monster: 

40%
40%

Saera vs. the Frying Pan: 

33.2%
33.2%

"For anyone stuck in that terrible place between 0 and 1."

"How bad do you want it?"

Welcome to Waffles!

CE2boT4W8AIv0CR.jpg

• Like 4

Watched this really interesting documentary last night! It's about an hour, the last 30 minutes just repeats the beginning of the movie. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=22&v=0EkQeeCiYoo

• Like 1

Won't add numbers but it is a challenge related question....

I ran for a bit on a treadmill today because the weather was horrific. I was still wearing the fitbit and used their function to track exercise (so I get to see the results for just that) - daily activity doesn't count right? Now the distance the treadmill said I covered vs. what my fitbit said vary quite a bit and I don't know what numbers to use. 

What would you guys pick?

And the Fitbit calculates it based on the number of steps it perceives while the elliptical most likely counts the number of revolutions it knows precisely the distance covered in one revolution of its own contraption, or should.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

And the Fitbit calculates it based on the number of steps it perceives while the elliptical most likely counts the number of revolutions it knows precisely the distance covered in one revolution of its own contraption, or should.  

This is why I take the elliptical readings. Also, the time it takes me to do 5k on the elliptical seems right - I do a 5k test once a month for baseline data for fitness progress. Maybe with running on a treadmill, the fitbit estimate should be closer though.

How different are they Ninja? Does one feel wildly out there? Because you could take an average of the two if you think one is vastly overestimating? If it's not too outlandish, take the treadmill values.

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

This is why I take the elliptical readings. Also, the time it takes me to do 5k on the elliptical seems right - I do a 5k test once a month for baseline data for fitness progress. Maybe with running on a treadmill, the fitbit estimate should be closer though.

How different are they Ninja? Does one feel wildly out there? Because you could take an average of the two if you think one is vastly overestimating? If it's not too outlandish, take the treadmill values.

So so. Treadmill seems okish most of time, though still a bit odd. Elliptical is outlandish, but there it probably is due to the fitbit estimate being based on steps. 

Thanks for the input guys. :)

My fitbit for the treadmill is dead on the elliptical however is lower by about half a mile between the tracker and machine.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal