Forums are back in action! ×

7 hours ago, Maddie Hatter said:

Pokemon Go Storytime.

Taking an evening stroll with my xenomorph to get him to sleep while catching monsters. At the end of the street that I start my walk, there are two poke gyms right next to each other (one at a hospital, the other police HQ). Both gyms are sporting red so I had time to mull over which one to go to and sacrifice my ponyta which I have lovingly call Apocalypse. While the HQ has a pokestop, its after hours and no soul but the line of cop cars. I decide it seems a little more active at hospital and I look like a shining beacon in a bright red stroller.

I get to the hospital and just hit the edge of the gym that the doors open. BOOM. Spearow. Abra. Marowak. Cubone. My incubated egg hatches. 

Within seconds around a corner, a police officer turns the corner. Phone in hand. We smile to each other, give a nod or some greeting I do not remember but it was quiet. I am already in battle trying to get Marowak. I have to face the building to catch this little bastard and notice the officer is only a few feet away from me. Back to me. Not a single word from him, only soft curses from me. 

I am standing in front of a hospital for over 5 minutes that was once suppose to be a quick gym death drop off. When I finally see nothing around me to catch, I turn my munchkin mobile and at that moment, so did the officer. Another smile, and we go walking in the direction we came.

While I did not catch his cellphone screen, pretty sure he was playing as before I lost sight of the location we were standing at, he was back in the same area staring at his phone.

If reddit is any indicators, cops all over the place are playing this game as they're constantly moving about, then hanging out in a place for a few minutes. Great game for them. I'm going to go buy a bunch of lures and drop them on police stations or whenever I see a cop parked next to a PokeStop.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I downloaded and started playing last night.  I walked home and walked the dog and hit level 5 before I got back to the house. 

I went team blue without any thought really.  I didn't notice that all the gyms around my house are yellow, but whatever I plan on playing while I commute anyways.  Just doing that I've hit level 7 in under 24 hours, caught 60 pokemon, hatched 2 eggs, and maxed out my item bag.

I got 2 spearrows in the bathroom a few minutes ago and hit level 7.  OK so I played on the toilet too, sue me.

I'm trying to work out how they programmed the pokespots.  The site of the Boston Massacre (a building with a gold lion and white unicorn on top) gets no love, but the building next door gets the column caps pointed out?

• Like 3

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

14 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I was going to say, "You BETTER be on Red Team!"

cacab9953a4d3b3cc804dc0641420f78bfec6ca4

I would never defy you, Red-Brother :) and plus, you're a scary combatant-I don't want to mess with any opened can of whoop ass that you bring down on me lol

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

31 minutes ago, Mike_d85 said:

I'm trying to work out how they programmed the pokespots.  The site of the Boston Massacre (a building with a gold lion and white unicorn on top) gets no love, but the building next door gets the column caps pointed out?

IIRC the game is built off of the Ingress platform, so that may have something to do with it?  It is odd, a lot of ours here are churches, and a seedy pub down the street somehow has a spot........

I caught a bundle of magnets at the beach today, GO TEAM BLUE~

250px-082Magneton.png

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

21 hours ago, raptron said:

Yup! 

Also if you have multiple people attacking a gym at once, the defenders take damage from all attackers, so you can actually get them down quicker. If you are facing a behemoth of a gym, bring some friends and RAID THAT SHIT. B)

Gyms should change pretty often.

Its the nature of the game to make them hard to hold.  1 team fortifies while 2 teams attack.  Strong defenses take lower level players out of the equation, but there are always going to be lopsided numbers in favor of wearing down a gym.  The strongest gyms I've seen were probably not heavily contested.  The ones with really high action were never that high of a level.  Even though the defending Pokemon were near invincible (at least to my current POV).

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

1 hour ago, shaarawy said:

IIRC the game is built off of the Ingress platform, so that may have something to do with it?  It is odd, a lot of ours here are churches, and a seedy pub down the street somehow has a spot........

Yeah, for some reason Cheers (as in the bar of 1980's sitcom fame) is a gym.  Hooray for bar fighting?

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

2 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

Community generated in Ingress I believe.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

It finally went live in the UK!

I'm not quite at level 5 yet, but when I get there I'll be jumping to team red. There are a couple of gyms I've come across (a couple more than I thought there'd be in this very small town!), and they're both blue gyms at the moment. So it'd be nice to go claim them for myself :D  Plus I've got two Pokestops pretty much five minutes away.

...might have had to pause halfway through writing this to capture the venomat who got away from me earlier, plus a weedle and a clefairy.

Going for a walk tomorrow to see what I can find, but so far the nightlife has been alright with me just sitting on my sofa!

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

What types of pokemon has everyone been hatching from their eggs?

I've hatched three 5k eggs so far and got a doduo, tentacool and slowpoke which was cool because I didn't have any of those yet. I also hatched a pidgey from a 2k egg which was not nearly as cool. I have my first 10k egg incubating right now and I'm excited to see what that will bring.

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I would never defy you, Red-Brother [emoji4] and plus, you're a scary combatant-I don't want to mess with any opened can of whoop ass that you bring down on me lol

Wolf

Ha ha ha, maybe from my pokemon, but that's about it [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

What types of pokemon has everyone been hatching from their eggs?

I've hatched three 5k eggs so far and got a doduo, tentacool and slowpoke which was cool because I didn't have any of those yet. I also hatched a pidgey from a 2k egg which was not nearly as cool. I have my first 10k egg incubating right now and I'm excited to see what that will bring.

I got a Meowth today which was exciting but prior to that I've mostly got Ekans/Ratata/Pidgey aka stuff I find all the time. I think it partially has to do with when you originally obtained the eggs though, so maybe I will have a chance to find cooler shit now that I am higher level?

On another note I have been evolving pidgeys and ratatas all day because I have so much candy. ALL THE CANDY for those. And yay experience! I wanted to do this after using a lucky egg but I won't buy any and I dunno when I will get another and my inventory is being overrun with them!! FEAR MY PIDGEY ARMY!

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

3 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I got a Meowth today which was exciting but prior to that I've mostly got Ekans/Ratata/Pidgey aka stuff I find all the time. I think it partially has to do with when you originally obtained the eggs though, so maybe I will have a chance to find cooler shit now that I am higher level?

On another note I have been evolving pidgeys and ratatas all day because I have so much candy. ALL THE CANDY for those. And yay experience! I wanted to do this after using a lucky egg but I won't buy any and I dunno when I will get another and my inventory is being overrun with them!! FEAR MY PIDGEY ARMY!

My pidgey/weedle/ratata army is getting pretty big. Gonna hit a local park tomorrow, drop my incense and lucky eggs :-)

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

15 minutes ago, msuroo said:

Oh man, how do suburban/rural folks even play this game.  I've been playing mostly during lunch breaks at work (downtown in a big city), and I guess I didn't realize how good I had it.  Tried to play at home last night and it was...sparse.

I have the opposite feeling!! Went downtown last night and was all "Dang!!! These college kids have it good!"

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

1 hour ago, Mike_d85 said:

Hey, I think you might be good luck.  I got a Magnemite last night.

250px-081Magnemite.png

YAHOO!!  Go go... strange... metal... things!!

I did my first gym battle today with my giant bundle of magnets.  I got trounced painfully.  I need to level up my Pokemon more.......

2 hours ago, msuroo said:

Oh man, how do suburban/rural folks even play this game.  I've been playing mostly during lunch breaks at work (downtown in a big city), and I guess I didn't realize how good I had it.  Tried to play at home last night and it was...sparse.

Hahaha I was thinking about this this morning, because my work and home are VERY sparse, so I can really only play when I'm out on errands or something.  I guess that's why I'm only level 6 right now too??  Glad I'm not too competitive, LOL!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

2 hours ago, msuroo said:

We find a place that has 4 or 5 stops in close proximity, and have a party... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

4 hours ago, msuroo said:

Heh, with difficulty. Even the Pokemon outside of my work are sparse, and I work in the biggest supermarket in town (though to be fair it's a very small town...). I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when I visit a city though, I'm expecting good things!

1 hour ago, shaarawy said:

Hahaha I was thinking about this this morning, because my work and home are VERY sparse, so I can really only play when I'm out on errands or something.  I guess that's why I'm only level 6 right now too??  Glad I'm not too competitive, LOL!

I think that's why I've only just hit level 6! One of the folks holding a gym near work has somehow managed to hit level 15 in the day or so since it came out over here, so I'm making the assumption he's from out of town. The rate I'm going, it'll be a long, long time before I get there!

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

9 hours ago, msuroo said:

Or as I call it, taking the long way around the floor to the drinking fountain, ha.

083842296ef3b02905162eb1071798d0.jpg

Wait...that's your work?

If so...damn you got lucky... I have a single stop that's barely within view...and never any close creatures.

• Like 2

My first challenge

12 hours ago, insanity said:

Wait...that's your work?

If so...damn you got lucky... I have a single stop that's barely within view...and never any close creatures.

My work has a pokestop within walking distance, but it's far enough I can only justify venturing over there once a work day on break (plus it's 100 degrees here anyway). BUT my office is full of pokemon at least! I catch about 8 a day at work.

I have a pokestop literally next door.  In fact, you can see the side of my house in the Pokestop picture. :D  I can't wait to drop a lure over there and just sit on my porch with a beer and watch people come.  We are big "porch" sitter-people watchers anyway.  

The park a block away has probably 20 different pokestops and there are 5 gyms within about 3 blocks of our house.  I tried my luck at one of them yesterday and it was disgraceful.  I totally do not understand the gym thing yet.  I need to find a tutorial or something.

Here's the view from my house...

27731245163_28e8ebf8af.jpg

Interestingly, I found lots of pokemon on our trip, but here at home in town, they seem pretty sparse. :(  At some of the hotels we stayed at, I'd get like 4 or 5 around me at a time and new types every couple of hours.  Here, I'm just getting the same couple and only one at a time usually.

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015