Forums are back in action! ×

The second church I ever pastored was Harmony Baptist Church in Morton Valley, which was just north of Eastland. I used to grocery shop at the Walmart off the highway. The town of Ranger, TX is just east of Eastland. (Sadly, the town does not live up to the awesomeness of our guild). I think it would be wise to get a picture of you in front of the Ranger, TX sign.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The second church I ever pastored was Harmony Baptist Church in Morton Valley, which was just north of Eastland. I used to grocery shop at the Walmart off the highway. The town of Ranger, TX is just east of Eastland. (Sadly, the town does not live up to the awesomeness of our guild). I think it would be wise to get a picture of you in front of the Ranger, TX sign.

Yaaaaas!

Mr has a friend who's screen name is the Ranger and he said to me the other day Ranger did blah blah, I looked at him quizzically and he said 'not your rangers, my Ranger', hoot hoot you're (y'all're?) my rangers!

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Hell yeah, dude, owls are the best! I would love to train an owl to hunt with me. Their silent wings is one of the reason why the bigger owls are natural predators to hawks and falcons. Do they have stuff like that over there where you are, Raider? 

I highly doubt there's falconry stuff, let alone owls. Protection and rescue is the only thing going on and even that is struggling.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

15 hours ago, Shadri said:

Yeah! I'm gonna hopefully lose some weight this summer (healthy eating will be a PRIMARY GOAL since I've really sucked at it lately) so that I can have a ROCKIN' BOD to go swimming in my tail!!

ETA: I was going swimming about once a week for a while. :)

I didn't get very far - I got a book from the library that I didn't even read, and I drew a picture of a hawk from said book. :P

You WILL get that rockin bod, Shadri! Just keep envisioning it and taking your healthy eating one day at a time. That's not to say you shouldn't plan meals ahead of time or even practice batch cooking here and there but I certainly believe you can do this :) 

Swimming once a week is pretty solid and it burns a ridiculous amount of calories! Keep it up, girlie! Lol, well at least you had the right intentions with reading the falconry book. Do you still have the picture you drew by chance?

wallpaper-2873842.jpg

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ha! That's pretty awesome, Tank! I think that's a great idea for a picture so I'll have to map that from where we'll be that day. I feel like I should have a cloak or something to go along with this pic?

What was the 1st church you pastored at?

5 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Yaaaaas!

Mr has a friend who's screen name is the Ranger and he said to me the other day Ranger did blah blah, I looked at him quizzically and he said 'not your rangers, my Ranger', hoot hoot you're (y'all're?) my rangers!

Haha, heck yeah we are! If you don't claim us we will most certainly claim you :P Does Mr.'s friend know that having the name "the Ranger" means he has humongous shoes to fill? Or at the very least he must be doing a bare minimum of ALL the things lol.

28 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I highly doubt there's falconry stuff, let alone owls. Protection and rescue is the only thing going on and even that is struggling.

Ahh, well that's a shame man. The image of you with a gorgeous owl on your gloved hand is still a badass image. At least you still have your cat :) 

So, without giving spoilers on Guardians 2....it was AWESOME! And funny as hell too. We all know Rocket is a character but Dave Bautista as Drax is just money for me. He cracks me up to no end! Great movie-go see it!!

I have volume 1 of my falconry "bible" sitting on my desk at work and I'm having a really difficult time not kicking back in my chair and start reading! The books are literal text books you would use in a "Falconry 101" class in college. Rich artwork and pictures throughout the whole thing....by God there's a lot of material, so I figured I would just start with page 1 and work my way through. I would like to set aside one hour of my day for reading/studying and taking down notes and this starts today. I need to build better habits and consistency is a good place to start, IMO. 

Racer has a birthday party tonight at a place called NickelRama, it's an arcade where all the games take nickels lol. But we're ordering pizza (because its BYOF/P) and already reserved a table big enough for 25. Tonight will be a blast! I wonder what arcade games they will have? 

I'm not sure I'll make tomorrow's Gaelic practice since we're having the computer built tomorrow morning. Honestly, I'm gonna need to catch up on sleep so I prolly won't be going...we'll see how I feel tomorrow AM, though. With my brother's birthday party going on Saturday night too, if I DON'T catch up on sleep, Sunday won't be enough time for it lol. 

@WorldSparrow Hey brother-I finally finished The Remaining! I hope you're doing well man and if all else fails I may just need to text you to see how you're doing. We miss you around these parts, sir! The last book was good and it ended almost how I thought it would. Honestly, I wasn't 100% sure the main character would live to see the end of the book but I'm glad he did. However, there was a key character that dies in the last book and I wasn't a fan of how that was addressed, It felt rushed...like there was no closure for Lee. Anyways, for those looking to read/listen to a well written TEOTWAWKI series, check out The Remaining by DJ Molles.

After I finished the last book I jumped into American Gods. Whoa. Like.....whoa, really? What a wild book already. The writing style is vastly different from Molles but I like it. And I ended up getting the 10th anniversary addition of the book which has a full cast of voices for the audible. The narrator for Mr. Wednesday sounds a lot like Ian McShane, the actor that plays him in the Starz show of the same name, and I like it. Creepy in it's own right, but great all around voice!

How's everyone Friday going? 

Wolf

• Like 9

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

56 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

You WILL get that rockin bod, Shadri! Just keep envisioning it and taking your healthy eating one day at a time. That's not to say you shouldn't plan meals ahead of time or even practice batch cooking here and there but I certainly believe you can do this :) 

Swimming once a week is pretty solid and it burns a ridiculous amount of calories! Keep it up, girlie! Lol, well at least you had the right intentions with reading the falconry book. Do you still have the picture you drew by chance?

Aww yiss :) Batch cooking is amazing and I will definitely be doing that this summer! It makes mealtime so effortless <3

Yeah, it really gets my heart rate going for sure! I really enjoy swimming and I'm surprised at how comfortable I feel in the water, considering I didn't get to go to the pool much as a kid. (Goggles and noseplugs help with that comfort, lol.)

I'm sure I've got the drawing somewhere! I'll look for it once I get home! :panda: 

That arcade sounds like a blast! Have fun!!!!!!

• Like 1

The first church I pastored was Center City Baptist Church 10 miles east of Goldthwaite, TX (link is for google maps geolocator, the church is too small and too country to have a website).

Here's the same kind of link for the church outside of Eastland.

Ranger is on the way from Plano to Eastland, it's the last town on I-20 before you get to Eastland.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/plano+tx/eastland+tx/@32.7092776,-98.3186651,195816m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x864c21da13c59513:0x62aa036489cd602b!2m2!1d-96.6988856!2d33.0198431!1m5!1m1!1s0x865115492f9a5587:0x346ca26e3cb1a23e!2m2!1d-98.8175623!2d32.4015198

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

American Gods is probably my favorite book. I reread it every year or so.

Nicklerama sounds like a good time. How much pizza do you need for 25?

Oh really?? That's good to know sir! I'm really enjoying it so far, and the various narrators are making it really fun. Like "Story Time" for adults.

Spoiler

Though...I was a little weirded out (and maybe slightly turned on, who knows) by the first sex scene where Bilquis swallows that dude up with her vajay....WTF!!!! My next thoughts were..."If this is how chapter 1 ends then what awaits me down the road???" Muwhahahahahaha! 

3 hours ago, Shadri said:

Aww yiss :) Batch cooking is amazing and I will definitely be doing that this summer! It makes mealtime so effortless <3

Yeah, it really gets my heart rate going for sure! I really enjoy swimming and I'm surprised at how comfortable I feel in the water, considering I didn't get to go to the pool much as a kid. (Goggles and noseplugs help with that comfort, lol.)

I'm sure I've got the drawing somewhere! I'll look for it once I get home! :panda: 

That arcade sounds like a blast! Have fun!!!!!!

Gots to have the goggles for sure!

when-i-said-to-shock-the-pool-i-meant-wi

I'm glad you're having so much fun with swimming! I really hope you can get to a point to try out your fin this summer cuz I have a feeling once you start practicing with it, the more you'll love it! And if you end up finding that picture that would be kickass!

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The first church I pastored was Center City Baptist Church 10 miles east of Goldthwaite, TX (link is for google maps geolocator, the church is too small and too country to have a website).

Here's the same kind of link for the church outside of Eastland.

Ranger is on the way from Plano to Eastland, it's the last town on I-20 before you get to Eastland.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/plano+tx/eastland+tx/@32.7092776,-98.3186651,195816m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x864c21da13c59513:0x62aa036489cd602b!2m2!1d-96.6988856!2d33.0198431!1m5!1m1!1s0x865115492f9a5587:0x346ca26e3cb1a23e!2m2!1d-98.8175623!2d32.4015198

LMAO! I'm not surprised, there are probably lots of churches here in Texas that are too country to have their own website. That makes me excited it's on the way to Eastland! This picture WILL happen!

Off work now and headed home ladies and gents! Have a wonderful and kickass Friday :) 

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Does he know he has big shoes to fill?

Well, I don't know if it was the video I shared of me lifting my body weight, or Mr talking about his gym-successes, but Rangerfriend has returned to his gym to begin the lifting again :D

• Like 4
On May 5, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Wild Wolf said:

I'm glad you're having so much fun with swimming! I really hope you can get to a point to try out your fin this summer cuz I have a feeling once you start practicing with it, the more you'll love it! And if you end up finding that picture that would be kickass!

Oh yeah, the monofin itself is a blast :D It's amazing to be able to move around underwater so fast and gracefully... 

And here is that drawing for you:

• Like 2
On 5/5/2017 at 5:39 PM, Yasha92 said:

Well, I don't know if it was the video I shared of me lifting my body weight, or Mr talking about his gym-successes, but Rangerfriend has returned to his gym to begin the lifting again :D

It was definitely the video lol-you're a badass, Yasha! So do all 3 of y'all get to workout together?

index.jpg

On 5/7/2017 at 2:21 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACER!

It was a great birthday weekend for Racer-thank you for the birthday wish, Raider!

On 5/7/2017 at 9:46 PM, Shadri said:

Oh yeah, the monofin itself is a blast :D It's amazing to be able to move around underwater so fast and gracefully... 

And here is that drawing for you:

I've experimented with the monofin before and agree 100% with you. The fluidity when underwater is pretty spectacular. I already have a unique style when swimming underwater and the monofin makes me feel like a damn dolphin hahahaha.

That's a great picture, Shadri! Birds are hard to draw and your attention to detail is on point!

So, since obtaining my falconry "bible" and then a nice addition with the falconry encyclopedia, I have done quite a bit of studying. Mainly reading about the various falcons and the equipment I'll be using and familiarizing myself with the terminology. There's a lot to soak in but I'm enjoying this time expanding my knowledge. Being in Texas is an advantage for owning and flying various hawks and falcons because there are quite a few that are common in my area:

• The Harris Hawk
  • The American Kestrel
  • The Red-Tail Hawk
  • Cooper's Hawk
  • Merlin
  • Prairie Falcon

Just to name a few. Bae is the Harris hawk though....but I think I've already made that pretty clear lol.

Harris-Hawk-31.jpg

Although, the Kestrel would be a lot of fun because it would be easier to hunt with in an urban environment, due to it's smaller size and that it predominantly hunts avian prey like the house sparrow and starling which are considered "pest" birds around here. Falconry is a time consuming sport...so, advantages like having a smaller bird that's more suitable for urban environments will come into play when choosing the first falcon. Kestrel's tend to be the easiest raptor the catch as well. 

american-kestrel-falco-sparverius-2.jpg?

See the size difference? Kestrels are considered Micro-Falcons. Don't let their small stature fool you though...

Who knows what will happen. If everything were to fall into place and I could start an apprenticeship this upcoming hunting season, it would still be 2 years before I could own and fly my own bird. Anything can happen in that time frame.

Our new computer is BADASS!!! Like, Super Badass! My first work from home day is tomorrow :) And Heather's cousin already granted me access to his Steam account and over 200+ games in his library! I'll post some pics of the new computer when I get a chance. I already downloaded and installed League of Legends, a free to download PC only game and plan to raid Steam's library of games. There's a lot on there that Racer watches various YouTuber's play. I'm thinking about getting a game called Subnautica. It's something we could all play and have fun with.

header.jpg?t=1491290846

I'm craving a Smoothie King smoothie so I'm about to go grab one. Happy Tuesday errybody!

Wolf

• Like 9

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

On 5/9/2017 at 1:28 PM, Laghail said:

1489676501-20170316.png

LMAO!!! I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything...

mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gi

On 5/9/2017 at 2:44 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I like how work from home and 200 games are in the same sentence.

Dude, it was a blast to get on Steam during my lunch hour. Just a simple click and I'm off my work screen and onto the gaming screen! Lol.

......Though yesterday's WFH was a bitter sweet one. They just announced that they would be taking away WFH...like, WTF!? The only upside is I could possible work 4 10-hour days. So hopefully something like that will work out. 4 9-hour days plus a half day was also thrown around so I guess we'll see.

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

Not much to report today. I'm starting a new training program to help jump start my activity level since it's been non-existent for a while and I plan to dive in full force starting next week. DOMS are expected to follow rather quickly lol. 

There's a good chance I can start bouldering again too! The local gym has a monthly membership for $45 which isn't bad. I miss bouldering....a LOT. It was therapeutic for me and I enjoyed solving problems each time I went. So, I'm gonna try and budget some things over the weekend and see if I can convince Heather to let me get the membership. This would help take care of that pesky grip strength which is difficult to obtain but flappers and blisters are the inevitable pay off lol. #NoPainNoGain

Happy Friday, everyone!

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

There's a good chance I can start bouldering again too! The local gym has a monthly membership for $45 which isn't bad. I miss bouldering....a LOT. It was therapeutic for me and I enjoyed solving problems each time I went. So, I'm gonna try and budget some things over the weekend and see if I can convince Heather to let me get the membership. This would help take care of that pesky grip strength which is difficult to obtain but flappers and blisters are the inevitable pay off lol. #NoPainNoGain

I've the exact same plan. Seems like the best way to go about increasing grip strength and having fun at the same time 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

3 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Yes! Bouldering is the shit man! Hope you can get back into it.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 5/12/2017 at 3:15 PM, Laghail said:

"Flappers and Blisters" was the name of my ska band in high school.

LMAO! What a great name for a teenage boy rock band. Spanking the monkey excessively can be quite terrible for the palms, I hear. #FrictionIsABitch

On 5/12/2017 at 3:55 PM, jonfirestar said:

I've the exact same plan. Seems like the best way to go about increasing grip strength and having fun at the same time 

Absolutely Jon! To be honest, bouldering may be the most relaxing, fun thing I do outside of sex ;) 

On 5/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, Jarric said:

Yes! Bouldering is the shit man! Hope you can get back into it.

Me too Jarric! I haven't mentioned this to the missus yet, I'm waiting for the right moment, which hopefully will be this week. The best part about bouldering is 3x a week is usually MORE than enough to go. Starting out, I'll try and boulder 2x a week, like a beginning of the week + Saturday morning. That was my old routine and I loved it. That way, the other days can focus on some complimentary pushing movements along with some heavy squat/deadlift action ;) 

...This is the plan if all goes well!

On 5/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Falconry, bouldering... lots of Rangery stuff going on in your life

I knew I picked the right class! But never forget who recruited me, D_R...

...his name rhymes with Spark_Vader ;) I'm looking to add more rangerly stuff as the year progresses, too. Like mantracking/sign cutting just to name an example.

On 5/15/2017 at 1:55 PM, Laghail said:

20140421.png

Sans pants is the only true way to live, my friend! Ahhh, how simple life could be. I'm envious of the wolfpack because 9/10 times when I come home, they are ALL in their undies, haha.

I. Am. Whooped. 

I went to the Ranger game last night and had a blast. We ended up beating the Phillies 5-1 which continues the win streak to 7 games now. Only bad thing was the time spent getting back to my moms where my car was because I wasn't home till almost 11:30 last night. Yikes! 

It's....Wednesday now and still now WOD's this week. I've been 69% busy and 31% lazy and that's the story I'm sticking with! I'm really not worried because once I get going, I'll become the force of nature I believe myself to be....I just need to get out there and workout, first! All I want to do is nap right now though, lol.

Nap, go bouldering then possible a dip in the pool?? I need to make this happen!!

Work Schedule Update:

• I decided to try 4 9-hour days with a half day for my schedule next month. I could have chosen the 4 10-hour days but I was worried it would cut into my OT I get each week. I'm going to "biohack" this new schedule for the month of June and see how things work out. I might switch back a regular 8-hour work day but maybe I can find a way to make those 4 10's work so I can always have an extra day off work? Only time will tell :)

Wolf

• Like 8

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

I like music. You guys like music too, huh? Something I want to get into the habit of doing is posting the tunes I'm jamming out too and share with y'all. Music drives me and always has. A good hype song? An epic, softer ballad? Rap-rock? All of it fuels me. I'm more of a rocker than anything but I also love to shake my ass for money....errr "charity", so there will be a random output of vids and songs and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do ;) 

Heather and I have the honor of attending BFD this year over Memorial Day weekend and Papa Roach is headlining with Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Skillet and Pretty Reckless. I've seen all these bands before say for Skillet but I'm stoked nonetheless! First song comes off the new Papa Roach album, titled Periscope. I fuckin love this song!

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf

Spoiler