EmCee - Word To Ya Motha (aka EmCee Puts In #WERK)

Okay. So I am pretty shitty at challenges but I need a place to log all my junk that isn't a PM with Maigrey - that girl needs a break from all my nuttiness. 

This battle log will probably include a little bit of everything - food fails and food wins, lifting PRs and whining about cardio, and probbbbaaably also some bitching about life and screenshots of stupid men from OKCupid. 

First off, let's start with where I am now. I currently weigh 165 lbs (post mini-bulk). My 1RM for the big three are as follows: 

Squat: 245

Deadlift: 275

Bench: 160

I plan to upload pictures later, when I can do it from my phone. There will be a spoiler jump tag her so that you aren't subjected to these pictures unwillingly. 

I have been trying to lose a good ten lbs for what feels like forever but... I honestly think I hadn't ever been fully committed to that idea because I knew it would lead to less strength. However, I am happy with my lifts and don't plan on competing so honestly - who gives a fuck if those numbers go down for a bit? No one. There's not a single thing keeping me from actually committing to a plan that will allow me to be a smidgen happier with my body than my own ego. 

So, I'm going to put my theoretical dick away and stop caring, for now, about how much weight I've got on the bar. 

My workout plan is not going to change much except that it will be more volume, less heavy. I routinely do accessory work and have recently added in HIIT cardio (it's pretty much the worst). I think my workouts could have a little more variety so I MAY start adding in some WOD-like shit now and again but for the most part, I think I have my athletics pretty dialed in. 

What needs help is my diet. AS USUAL. 

So, I have decided I will follow a mostly primal diet. For now, there will be no exceptions - no froyo with the kids just because. Until I get this shit in check, those exceptions will just continue to derail me. And I'm bringing back the bikini bag. I will also TRY to log here daily - you probably won't see a break down of daily foods (more likely a simple yes, I followed the plan today or no, fuck my life, I ate an entire pint of ice cream). 

Hooray. 

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

EMCEE ON THA FORUMSSSS. 

giphy.gif

What needs help is my diet. AS USUAL. 

Word. #solidarity

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Oh hay.

Sticking around mostly to harass you to come and visit Boston. And I'll even do it sober this time, instead of a drunken phone call on a phone pilfered from Biggums.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

EMCEE ON THA FORUMSSSS. 

giphy.gif

Word. #solidarity

This gif made me soooo happy. 

giphy.gif

You're here! Yay!

For the record, I never get tired of your crazy :)

Also, what does "mostly primal" mean for you?

Also, this gif and <3 MOSTLY primal to me includes some occasional grains - like sprouted grain bread.

What the shit, here you are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HERE I AM. BOW TO ME, PLEBIAN. 

Oh hay.

Sticking around mostly to harass you to come and visit Boston. And I'll even do it sober this time, instead of a drunken phone call on a phone pilfered from Biggums.

but, but, but... drunken pilfered harassment is so much more fun. 

This morning kind of sucked. My alarm went off a little before 6 in an effort to get to the gym and get some cardio in... but, I quickly spilled water in my Kate Spade bag, ruining lots of stuff, and made myself late to the gym. On the way there, I got called to come in a little earlier so that left me with about ten whole minutes of free time at the gym  :rolleyes-new: . Upon arriving at work, I realized I left my KEYS to access the building AT HOME when I dumped everything out of my water soaked bag. I made my associate get in the car with me and we sped across town to grab them and hurried back. OF COURSE, this happened on a morning when I had a ton of reports due before 10a. Thankfully, I got them done and was still able to open on time. I didn't even have coffee until 1pm. 

This was pretty much my face all day: 

hqdefault.jpg

After work, the girls and I headed to the gym - where I squatted. I will NOT being going heavy for awhile, so I did sets up 8-10 up to 155 and did 5x5 at that weight before my hip started bothering me (I pulled a hip flexor awhile ago and never let it heal properly so it acts up occasionally). So, I called it a day after that and rolled it out on the slightly ouchy foam roller before leaving. 

Food was 90% okay today - I had some of the girls froyo and a slice of sprouted grain bread with almond butter and snicker doodle protein >.> 

Okay. That is all. 

Saturday we did makeup legs at the gym before heading out to visit my dad in the boonies. I had pretty much no cell reception at all which was half nightmare/half kind of nice. No exercise after that until today. When I got back home on Sunday, I worked from 7p-4a... was pretty much delusional by midnight. 

Today was back and bi's -  No deadlifts, lots of accessory work and pretty much all the cuuuurls. Then we got talked into going to a circuit class that this dude Dre coaches... it was kinda sucky but also a fun way to get some cardio in.

One dude really pissed me off that. If all the stations were being used, you had to plank until one opened... so, I'm in plank position for awhile when a station finally opens and this guy that hasn't been waiting as long starts towards the KB at the same time as me. I told him no - that it's mine. And we was like - ha. That's 45lbs... you can't do that, but be my guest. So of course I banged them out with no problem and moved on to the next station. I made sure I stayed ahead of him the rest of the workout. 

Asshole. 

ANYWAYS. Whole30 starts tomorrow. I spent a lot of time thinking about it yesterday and I really do think I just need to reset my foodstuffs. I'm not lifting heavy as much anymore and really really don't need most of the crap I was eating. However, I'm one of those people that can't just not eat it... I truly have to reset my relationship with food. It will end just in time for a wedding in Texas in August. Huzzah. 

• Like 3

I spent a lot of time thinking about it yesterday and I really do think I just need to reset my foodstuffs. I'm not lifting heavy as much anymore and really really don't need most of the crap I was eating. However, I'm one of those people that can't just not eat it... I truly have to reset my relationship with food.

This feel.  I know it.

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Fuck that guy.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

WE NEED MOAR UPDATES!

^This

Also, re: volume work - You have a program you're following?  I'm going to do the cut-and-try-to-forget-about-PRs thing as well, but have no idea on a program for volume work.

Oh, hey! I found this thread!

*tries to resist pulling it*

Maybe you should pull on it, because she's not here.  Maybe pulling will get her attention.