Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

@.@

Caaaat....

I'm a straight male Spark, but I consider myself an ally, so checking in!

Also I tend to write a lot of smut with gender-bending themes. Make of it what you will. ^_^

• Like 2

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Also I tend to write a lot of smut with gender-bending themes. Make of it what you will. ^_^

ohhhhhhhhh...my fav :D

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hey, everyone!

Just wanted to drop a line and say, "hi... I'm Mike." I'm new to NF and must say that the more that I explore it the more I love it - a gay (well, LGBTQIA) forum... how awesome! A big part of the reason I have always hesitated with respect to getting in shape is because I felt that the gym environment would not be too accepting or warm an environment. Then again, part of that is just me always looking for a way to isolate or differentiate myself from others. I dunno... it's kind of hard to explain, but maybe you can relate. Either way, I'm glad to have found NF, this forum, and to get started on my goals.

I'm currently working on a six-week challenge and if you are, too, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. :)

• Like 7

Race: Half-Elf      Class: Ranger in Training      Level: 0 

STR: 0    DEX: 0    STA: 0    CON: 0    WIS: 0    CHA: 0

Current Six Week Challenge

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/45575-mjwallenburg-is-always-late-but-its-better-than-never/

Battle Log for Six Week Challenge

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/45668-mjwallenburgs-battle-log-for-6-week-challenge/

:asexual rant:

Why is it when a girl is nice, she's just being nice, but when a guy is nice people automatically think that he wants to get in your pants. I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR NAUGHTY BITS PEOPLE!!!!!

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Why is it when a girl is nice, she's just being nice, but when a guy is nice people automatically think that he wants to get in your pants. I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR NAUGHTY BITS PEOPLE!!!!!

Thank you!  I get that quite a bit because I am a nice guy and like to be helpful.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

*internet near-stranger hugs*  We girls get it to some extent as well, but yeah.  It's got to be extra difficult to be a guy ace. 

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

This is my support face:  =) .

I grok the feeling. As a Bi guy, who is generally warm, and affectionate (hugs, handshakes, boisterous humor etc..), When a straight guy finds out that I'm Bi, I always have to deal with some awkwardness as they suddenly process "was that hug ColoQ hitting on me?"   I almost want to yell "Don't flatter yourself!" in their face. 

Probably cause our culture thinks all men are obsessed with sex?

Plus many/most girls have at some point or another had a "friend" who really did want to get into their pants, hence the "Nice Guy" stereotype.

That is the newest bit of Tumblr feminist memes that is just kinda of a frustrating ball of lunacy. But it sums up in a grossly over simplified way a complex issue: which is what memes are good for, I guess. (Do I get a complimentary Fedora now? I look terrible in them.)  There are predatory, entitled ladies who masquerade as nice girls too: so is it a problem of gender inequality (Men feel entitled), or select individuals are Jerky  JerkBags? 

*internet near-stranger hugs*  We girls get it to some extent as well, but yeah.  It's got to be extra difficult to be a guy ace. 

The difference is that. when someone misinterprets niceness  as sexual interest, the girl is much more likely to be assaulted. Either sexually or in the infamous lady-chess play of "This is *MY* Man/Woman." 

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

Alsooo... a lot of straight girls think all lesbians are predatory. Coming out to friends kind of sucked given that. My crush (who does not know I have a crush on her) is terrified of the idea of me liking her. 

Ladies do have to deal with a bit more predation / objectification and as a result have to be on guard. I wonder if the "fear" is based more out of not wanting to feel uncomfortable. Maybe her perception is that hanging out "with the girls"  is somehow safer than hanging out around dudes. Meaning that now you are somehow violating that social contract. Never mind you didn't agree to that implicit statement: and never mind that you aren't actually knocking her over the head to drag her back to your cave all neanderthal style. 

I came up with a concept that puts folks like that at ease. The "No-Touch" list. It is asinine: but I literally tell people "You are on the No-Touch list. Meaning that even if the opportunity presented itself and you are willing, I would not act on it." That calms the situation some. Usually. Assuming you still want to be friends with her, even if you cant get with her.

Because when girls are being nice they aren't always being nice. ;-)

I think people struggle with the concept of asexuality because it has seldom been spoken about.

Because when girls are being nice they aren't always being nice. ;-)

I think people struggle with the concept of asexuality because it has seldom been spoken about.

I admit that I struggle with the concept myself.  Not that I don't understand it. I do: In the same way a 5th grade science student "understands" molecules (Its a thing, people have seen it, they  have X vaguely defined properties ...ect). I just can't wrap my emotional brain around it. I couldn't put myself into an Asexual Person's shoes, I guess.  

That said, everyone deserves respect and representation.

• Like 2

I think people these days read too much into simple interaction. Maybe because some of them are just plain desperate, and any niceness is construed as flirting/hitting on them. They cannot just take a comment or action as just you being nice. Sad really.

You missed the part about being to insecure about themselves. Actually if they were more secure then a simple hug or interaction wouldn't need to be analyzed to death as something more. Granted I do enjoy the look on peoples faces when one of my gay friends hugs them and it is clear as day that they are not sure if they are being hit on or not. The one rule they really need to consider is not everyone wants you no matter what you think. Indecure people making my day more entertaining.

• Like 1

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

I find most blokey, blokes are the ones who fear being hit on by gay men the most, with comments like "I'll punch his fucking head in if he touched me", on more than one occasion I have asked why they think a gay man would want them when even the females avoid them and they can't find or keep a girlfriend.................oh that's right you're an asshole!

Ignorance is the bane of society.

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

I find most blokey, blokes are the ones who fear being hit on by gay men the most, with comments like "I'll punch his fucking head in if he touched me", on more than one occasion I have asked why they think a gay man would want them when even the females avoid them and they can't find or keep a girlfriend.................oh that's right you're an asshole!

Ignorance is the bane of society.

Isn't that about the truth. I believe that is why the wizards first rule can exist.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Aromantic asexual lady checking in here for the first time to say hey!

My two cents on the current discussion: I think, at least in Western culture (or at least in America, I can't speak for anywhere else), there's a belief that women are just "supposed" to be nice and friendly while men are "supposed" to be closed off and distant. So if a women is really nice she's just doing what ladies do while if a guy is really nice he must have some kind of ulterior motive or whatever. Also people are just generally shitty for no reason sometimes. To be fair, women do get this to an extant, I have certainly had lovely and in my mind innocent conversations with people only to later be told how flirtatious I was being or something dumb like that, but I am sure men get it much more. And that also might just be my own complete ignorance on any kind of romantic/sexual interactions so I don't realize when things go from friendly to something else. *sigh* I just think people make interactions overly complicated sometimes, especially between people of different genders.

• Like 2

Current challenge: Respawn Time!

Thanks all, I just needed to vent

Q it's alright I don't understand you guys either lol, really I can't explain it myself other than I don't look at anyone and automatically think "Oh I want to get them naked" but rather I wonder who/what they are and would rather much connect on an emotional level than a physical one; much to the confusion of some people in college where we would go on dates like 3-4 maybe have a kiss or two and then me being "Hey you are awesome but.....lets be friends" which I'm actually still friends with 90% of.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim