Forums are back in action! ×

What to name this topic...

Hello everyone!

So I'm new (just sayin' in case you couldn't tell :playful: ). Off an on I've read NF articles as they popped on my radar via my search-engine-of-the-moment. Most recently my sister and I decided that we are going to walk to Mordor and I found the Hobbit Walking article. One thing led to another, we both got excited, and here we are... Or I am and my sister to follow soon I hope. She's a bit of an internet forum newb which is cute sometimes.

We both have had a desire to "level up" our lives and have done our own sorts of challenges that have always petered out before they ever got on a roll. I'm hoping with the wonderful tools and community here in the Rebellion that we can get this snowball rollin' down the hill and picking up speed!

My day job is personal training, my hobby job is writing, and basically my third job is getting my second degree in Dietetics (my first degree is a Studio Art degree). With all this going for me you'd think I'd be in superhero fighting form, but that isn't the case. I've let my diet slide and I call it a good week if I workout or go for a walk once. Some of this has to do with very very low iron levels, borderline iron deficient anemia which my doctor discovered in December and I have yet to get on top of. That's part of what I want to work on, get back into a good paleo diet with good natural iron sources, get some movement/exercise every day, and keep at it. New habits are hard to form and old habits (this rut I'm in) are hard to dismantle. Small steps.

But here I am, and my sister eventually. We both are going to start the Level 1 Rebel challenge next week when it starts and we both want to probably go to the Rangers after that (I love weight lifting and also have a half marathon I want to run in October).

Can't wait to get started!

DanyRose

• Like 2

Miles walked to Mordor: 2 --> Still in the Shire

Current Challenge, Miles walked to Weathertop: 0

2014 Past Failed: Challenge

Welcome to the rebellion! Not sure how I missed this challenge but thank you for mentioning it! :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda