Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to join the rebellion today. I do love a good adventure but recently I've been living a somewhat sedentary lifestyle. I think one of the reasons is that a lot of my favorite hobbies, such as board games, video games, Netflix(not a hobby but you get it), reading, writing and drawing are so easy to do sitting down. Also, I'm taking online classes so that also has me sitting around a lot too. But I want to change that and get moving again!

I guess I identify most with the Hobbit race. I love the simpler things in life... "food and cheer and song above hoarded gold" and all that. I like to stay at home and be comfortable but I also have a "Tookish" side that makes me long to travel somewhere distant, climb mountains and prove to myself that I am courageous and strong. I guess I've just needed "a little nudge out the door." I believe that's what NerdFitness will be for me! I've been lurking around and this seems like such a great community and I can't wait to join you guys on this epic journey. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion! <3 the Tolkien reference :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Welcome! Glad to have you!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

We -do- have a Gainsdalf the Whey, but he's got his own Hobbit to prepare for ;)

Welcome to the Rebellion! I hope you find your motivation here. Just being "around" the culture of health and fitness (and among nerdy people who get me) has helped me a lot and I think I'm very like you with being perfectly content being home and cozy and valuing "food and cheer and song above hoarded gold." Good luck! If you're thinking about joining the upcoming challenge, make sure you check out the Level 1 area!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram