Forums are back in action! ×

Halfling from Western Canada

Well, my feet aren't (that) hairy, but some good ale and grub has always been a fav for me. I love and long for a simple life.

My hobbies are more introverted and less extroverted, which combined with some depression has helped me to gain weight. I have honestly been mostly overweight all of my life.

I love to read, play LOTRO, dork about in virtual worlds, and have a great imagination. I'm also a mom of five (three adult and a second generation - two young children aged 5 and 6)

I started going to the gym in October, but haven't been so good with the eating habits. As a result i've not yet bugin to get the results I want. 

I just want a 'normal' healthy weight, some mental clarity and balance in my life... basically, I just want to give myself a life worth living, one that includes being able to look at myself and know I'm doing what I need to do to be healthy. I know HOW to eat, but lack the willpower so far to avoid the binging. 

Read about NF somewhere else and have lurked for awhile. Seems like such a freaking fantastic concept. Looking forward to my first challenge.

~Birch

• Like 2

Welcome to the rebellion! Those sound like good goals, now to put the plan in place to reach them ;)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Yay, Western Canada! I'm in Alberta.

I've starting using a SAD light for the past two weeks and I feel a lot more chipper and less depressed than before. If you're in Edmonton, I read in the Metro that the City Center Library has some there for public use. Mine was $100 for the Philips blue go light, at Costco.

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

As a US ExPat living in Canada, I also would like to say welcome and nice to meet you.  I wish you well in your journey and quest here and in in your life.

And Pattycake118, I am living in Edmonton now and I love it here!  Go Canada!

AxDrake Dwarf Adventurer

LEVEL |1|  STR |0| DEX |0| STA |0| CON |0| WIS |0| CHA |0|

AxDrake's Battle Log

Challenges: |

“Never half-ass two things.  Whole-ass one thingâ€

- Ron F***ing Swanson

Just wanted to say thank you for the warm welcome :) I somehow lost this thread after I posted on it. 

So far so good!

And this daylight savings although painful in the morning is AWESOME for the evenings. nothing like washing up dinner dishes while still having the sun pouring through the window *bliss*