Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

yeah- I own a LOT of black- started working in more color pieces- trying to get some red in there- I love red- but I have like statement pieces- 2 pairs of red pants- like how often can you really wear them!!! LOL

black is win. love black. I own lots of black and white. it's just easy.

Watch it with the red, went to a bar and after a guy gave me a few pick-up lines he said, "What did you expect from me? You're wearing red tonight, you were asking for it"

From what I can gather what he meant, wearing red = my vagina is open to anyone (pardon my crude interpretation, but you get the gist)

I assume it's a bad spin off red light district, lady in red- whatever- red's usually a color of passion.

But no- no one is EVERY asking for unless they specifically say- please give it to me. 

Fuck that- he's lucky you didn't bury your fist in his fast. 

Come on, now. Advances from the drunken are quite entertaining, at least from a sober perspective.

All fun and games, until you touch me......then we have a problem.

No touchy!!!!

Yeah, they're fun/funny until things like that are said. I don't think the phrase "asking for it" belongs in any context where someone specifically did not literally ask for "it," whatever that might be.

Yuck. I once was getting a drink at the bar, and there were a couple of guys who insisted on me taking a shot with them. After I politely and jovially said that I wasn't drinking that night, they pushed. I said the word "no" no less than 11 times before they finally let it go.

Good dudes of the world: I'm sorry that the overbearing d-bags make it so hard for you guys to have a chance.

Yeah, they're fun/funny until things like that are said. I don't think the phrase "asking for it" belongs in any context where someone specifically did not literally ask for "it," whatever that might be.

Yuck. I once was getting a drink at the bar, and there were a couple of guys who insisted on me taking a shot with them. After I politely and jovially said that I wasn't drinking that night, they pushed. I said the word "no" no less than 11 times before they finally let it go.

Good dudes of the world: I'm sorry that the overbearing d-bags make it so hard for you guys to have a chance.

Fuck asking for it, if I want it (whatEVER that may be) I'm getting it. No need to get bashful about our wants now, ladies!

Tip for next time, if someone offers a drink that I don't want or just don't want to talk to the guy "I'd rather have the money than the drink". Last time I did that the guy was completely speechless. Always makes me laugh when thinking about it, keep in mind he was coming up on the radar as a complete tool.

Another tip for the guys: if a woman approaches you, TALK TO HER!! No matter if she is your type or not, other women will see you talking to her and will become intrigued. Blowing her off will only make you seem like a cunt nugget, don't be that guy!! Almost approached a guy, then saw he blew off a chick that was trying to start a conversation with him; made him seem like a male version of a stuck up bitch

Watch it with the red, went to a bar and after a guy gave me a few pick-up lines he said, "What did you expect from me? You're wearing red tonight, you were asking for it"

From what I can gather what he meant, wearing red = my vagina is open to anyone (pardon my crude interpretation, but you get the gist)

I'd like to formally apologize on behalf of my sex. -_-

You've also got to wean guys off their ratty old stuff with holes gradually. When they get new shirts, they have to get rid of old shirts. They can keep their fave holey shirt, but only for wearing 'round the house, that kinda thing. Don't make it a painful experience they fight, make it fun, and lavish them with praise on their new look.

my roommate does that- he has a few prized shirts and while they are funny- they look ragged as hell sometimes.  ugh- he hates shopping- he buys in bulk anyway- it's funny- but not really. He gets cleaned up enough when we go to dinner (usually will dig out a button down shirt and mostly clean jeans)  but yeah- the hole-y shirts- come on guys- give them a break- or make them into a quilt or something- that shit is embarrassing. 

my roommate does that- he has a few prized shirts and while they are funny- they look ragged as hell sometimes.  ugh- he hates shopping- he buys in bulk anyway- it's funny- but not really. He gets cleaned up enough when we go to dinner (usually will dig out a button down shirt and mostly clean jeans)  but yeah- the hole-y shirts- come on guys- give them a break- or make them into a quilt or something- that shit is embarrassing. 

I take pride in those holes though.  Most of those holes have a good story or were earned by avoiding certain death with power tools.  

My husband loved a "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" book we picked up, back when the show was big. It was good for getting him to identify what kinds of colours and textures and styles he liked, as opposed to "I just like.. nice stuff."

One exercise I still remember years later was to find five things in your house, *any* things, from a favourite chair, to a shirt, to a shelf ornament, that really appeal to you aesthetically. You put those five things together, and you can really reflect on what colours/styles you like. I learnt my husband liked maroon, and dark shades of wood, for example.

My rule of thumb for dressing my hubby (shopping, that is) is to get him black or neutral pants, and a variety of coloured shirts in one or two styles, and a selection of ties that go with more than one shirt. So it's easy to coordinate.

You've also got to wean guys off their ratty old stuff with holes gradually. When they get new shirts, they have to get rid of old shirts. They can keep their fave holey shirt, but only for wearing 'round the house, that kinda thing. Don't make it a painful experience they fight, make it fun, and lavish them with praise on their new look.

...but I love my holey shirt. Really. I do. I literally JUST had to somewhat painfully part from some of my clothes because I was moving, and angry, and so everything was getting thrown around. However, I am a fashion fuck up in the world trying to find her place considering I love pin up, rockabilly, gothic, and lolita clothing. On top of some of the more...traditional styles of clothing. My hair is always a mess. Anywho, woe is me = )

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

Guest Dirty Deads

I JUST got rid of my NFL Hall of Fame shirt after 10 years. The hole in the left armpit was bigger than the shirt was around my waist.

I'll get rid of my other holey shirts when she gets rid of some shoes.

I JUST got rid of my NFL Hall of Fame shirt after 10 years. The hole in the left armpit was bigger than the shirt was around my waist.

I'll get rid of my other holey shirts when she gets rid of some shoes.

I laughed at the shoes comment, not even gonna lie.

Ha! I mix silver and gold jewelry all the time. Whoops. The thing is, there really are no rules anymore. You can mix prints, colors, even wear white after Labor Day. It's the fashion wild west, y'all. (I also don't own very much brown. I guess because I already have brown hair, eyes, and skin when I bother to tan.)

I've actually been helping my brother build a wardrobe that isn't made up of clothes my mom bought him 10 years and 3 sizes up ago, and I'm having trouble coming up with rules of thumb to pass onto him. It's even more difficult because he lives two states away and we're using FaceTime and pictures sent through text from stores so I can advise him in real time. This is a guy who was wearing shirts with holes in them in his late 20s, so believe me when I say I've got my work cut out for me.

Guys, if I may derail for a second, what helped you figure out your own personal style/how to look halfway decent? Because besides offering a good first impression to the world, it goes a long way with the ladies.

I'm colorblind so clothes shopping alone is a bit of a hassle for me. I used to just buy black pants/shirts and throw a single color in for a wardrobe piece. Recently though I tend to buy khaki/olive drab/black pants and pair those with blue/black/white shirts (collared, button-up/etc.) and have also bought some colored shoes as well (same colors as the pants but I can mix and match a bit now though). I guess what helped me figure out my own style was a buddy of mine told me that as long as you wear what you wear with confidence, you'll be fine (within reason, he added for good measure haha). I tend to stick to those three color bases though.

As far as clothes aging goes, I'm pretty good about shirts and stuff (Being in the military has it's perks, they tell you what to wear all the time and how to maintain it!) but I will run shoes ragged. I bought three pairs of shoes last year for the first time in three years. My old vans had been worn down to the point where the sole at the toe was starting to come off haha.

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

It's an accessory.

Plus not all shoes match the wardrobe.  Esp if you own colored shoes. or want a statement.

I probably own 15-25 pairs.  I'm not obsessed with them- but I do have a hard time walking by a shoe store with out stopping in.

And yes I own pairs of shoes that are different colors.

Everyone should- it's just easier. 

I must be a rare breed, never could understand the whole shoe obsession that some females have.

My trusted pair of DC's, 2 pairs for work, 1 pair for running, 1 pair for boxing, 1 pair of heels and that's it.

I was thinking the same thing!

I love my holey shirts, although they are only for around the house, and I have a pair of black flats, a pair of brown flats, 2 pairs of Vibrams, bc I bought one on sale for 50% off before I needed them and a pair of flip flops. I would go barefoot if I could afford pedicures regularly enough though, so shoes are NOT a priority, they are a socially required evil.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Holey t-shirt to workout(home, not gym)/yard work/lounge around house = totally fine.  Hubby does this and we're fine as long as I get to poke/tickle him through the hole.  What's with the keeping the holey underwear?  I really don't get that one.  He loses a couple pair every time I do the laundry (which is generally his job).

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

My absolute favorite thing about a man is confidence. What attracted me to my husband was his complete confidence in who he was. I had never met anyone like that before. If he's doing something manly, girly, or straight up weird he is 100% being himself. All the time no matter who he is around.

• Like 1

:onthego:

Assassin

str:1  dex:1  sta:1  con:4  wis:3  cha:5

Guys, if I may derail for a second, what helped you figure out your own personal style/how to look halfway decent? Because besides offering a good first impression to the world, it goes a long way with the ladies.

FIgure I outta join the convo, and this post sounds like a good spot to do just that...

Myself, I keep it simple. Solid colors, 2 pairs of pants (One black, one gray... gotta get a khaki/brown set), 2 pairs of dress shoes (Black and Brown), a reversible belt (Black and brown) and solid color shirts. If I need a shirt and tie, the tie will incorporate the colors of the shirt and pants. So the red button down shirt I have at home, has a black and red tie to go with it.

I'm a simple guy, I don't like a lot of complexity in my life where it's not needed. So that's pretty much how I go about it.

Holey t-shirt to workout(home, not gym)/yard work/lounge around house = totally fine.  Hubby does this and we're fine as long as I get to poke/tickle him through the hole.  What's with the keeping the holey underwear?  I really don't get that one.  He loses a couple pair every time I do the laundry (which is generally his job).

If my shirt get's holey, it usually gets ripped... jeans on the other hand, if thety got holes, then I've been working on making em super comfortable for a while... they stay.

The holey underwear... who sees em? Unless the hole allows things to dangle more than they should.... what's the issue?

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I think I was supposed to be a guy or something. I love my holely underwear. The pairs that don't already come with holes in them also. They're just so comfortable and reassuring.

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

I think what far_away was getting at is that there's different kinds of love. I think the Greeks had four types, to differentiate between familial love, romantic love, etc. That's all. (Right?)

Familia, eros and agape were how the Greeks descriped interpersonal love.

Patriotism is the fourth. Love of country.

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace