Hi, I'm Phil, and I've been lurking on/off for a few years. I used to use the dull and uninspired username of pgnoon, but I got bored.

I set myself the target of completing one 'new' 4 week challenge, and getting to the 150 post limit set for changing username. I've done both.

As a massive Terry Pratchett fan (particularly the Discworld books), I've settled on my new moniker. BLACKBOARD MONITOR.

Like Death in the novels, BLACKBOARD MONITOR SPEAKS IN CAPITALS, AND WITHOUT SPEECH MARKS. MY WORDS TRANSCEND THE SOUNDWAVE/EAR RELATIONSHIP, AND TRAVEL STRAIGHT INTO YOUR BRAIN.

I won't always do this, just for my challenge posts.

I FEEL GREAT ANTICIPATION. I HOPE WE WILL BE FRIENDS.

EDIT:

Current measurements. There aren't any fitness-related numbers to record, because I don't really do anything at the moment. I'm like a beginner, except for the psychological baggage of knowing what I used to be able to do.

Weight: 77.5 kg / 170.9 pounds

Waist: 35 inches / 88.9 cm

Average of 3 different body fat calculators - 22%

• Like 2

WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN.

MY SHORT INTRODUCTION POST.

I don't want to cramp your style, so please don't think I'm being too forward here, but I wanted to mention this in case you've slowed down on this latest challenge due to lack of feedback: the all-caps in the challenge posts is kind of painful on the eyes.  I think it's possible your challenge posts would get a bit more participation if the Blackboard Monitor had a third-person narrator who used standard capitalization, and spoke in smaller lines of all-caps dialog.

So when are you coming back to the Monks?  We've got a mini-Pratchett phase going on now, and we're dragging the guild leaders kicking and screaming into the Century of the Fruitbat Discworld. :)

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Hello Blackboard Monitor! I just changed my name too, at the beginning of this last challenge. Reinvention FTW!! Crush it!