Forums are back in action! ×

I'm a little timid about doing this.

I've started so many times, been all gung-ho about a new project/goal -- and then it seems I'm doomed to backslide and fail.

I can't let it happen again. I've been through quite a bit in the last year or so. I'm really looking forward to maintaining the momentum that I've been building up and proving to myself that I'm totally capable of accomplishing my goals.

A little history: I've been an on-again, off-again (slow) runner. I've gained and lost weight, multiple times over. I've been through a 12 step program for overeating and seen therapists to discuss food issues. I'm just kind of .... tired. I want to take the food and body images issues that I have and show them the door. I want to take control again...and keep it.

So, I guess I'm posting here for accountability. I know I'm not doing this alone, and that's a big comfort. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Nerd Fitness, and I've been lurking for awhile.

It's time. Time for me to be the superhero that I know I can be. I've been doing the couch-to-5K program for the last couple months, and I know I can stick to it. I also know that I can develop good eating and meal-planning habits and stick to them. It's time to actually meet my goals (once I set them -- I'm scared of setting goals) -- no more fearing what happens if I fail. If I fail? I get back up and keep at it. There's not really any failing...I just keep on trying my best.

Level 1 Mountain Dwarf
Adventurer

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 4

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. 
- e.e. cummings

My first 6-week challenge: A Walking Journey

Glad to have another Texan rebel! You are definitely in the right place, a lot of us are working on discipline for weight loss/awesomeness gain. What are some of your specific goals?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

You can do it!

Good for you for recognizing your need for accountability -- we are an awesome group here.

Welcome to the club!

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

... no more fearing what happens if I fail. If I fail? I get back up and keep at it. There's not really any failing...I just keep on trying my best.

Right on the money. Think of falling and getting up as good exercise. I'll be looking forward to seeing your goals for the challenge. Don't forget - you can always run them past folks if you want a reality check on them.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Slow, steady habit change. Don't try to pile it all on at once. Change one thing. Once that is established, change something else. Be boring (see Steve's article about being boring).

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

Here's a thought for you: You can only fail if you quit.  As long as you haven't quit, you haven't failed.

I do the yo-yo thing and have seen my mom do it for years.  A really big part of it is going to be figuring out what your food weaknesses are (for me, it's sugar) and overcoming that.  Not only do I feel better when I don't eat sugar, I look better too!  When you figure out how much better you feel, not to mention look, when you get your eating under control, you won't want to go back.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress.  Good luck!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

You should check out Steve's latest article about New Years Resolutions if you haven't already.  It sounds like it would be spot on for your situation and give some good advice :)  Create your superhero identity and live it!

Danielle, Level 2 Forest Nymph Adventurer

STR 6.5 | DEX 2 | STA 4+1 | CON 9 | WIS 6+1 | CHA 3+1

Inventory: 5 silver pieces, a free dinner (full of vegetables), shiny belt of Endurance, Babel Fish

Challenges: 1 2

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"

Background | MFP

Thanks so much to everyone for chiming in -- I haven't checked in here in a while and didn't see my older posts!! 

My goals for this 6 week challenge are here: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/22761-rachelmachel-and-her-6-week-walking-challenge/#entry373017

Level 1 Mountain Dwarf
Adventurer

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 4

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. 
- e.e. cummings

My first 6-week challenge: A Walking Journey

Archived