Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all!

I just recently graduated from university with an Environmental Science degree in December, and started my first big kid job about a month ago. I work in air compliance for industrial waste industries (I know, painfully exciting, right?). I have discovered I hate desks.

I've never been "athletic" and have always been considered rather curvy, which worked well for me when I was a cocktail waitress in college. Now, however, I've decided that I want to get serious about my fitness. Now that I have a regular schedule (thank god) and enough income to get a gym membership, I'm excited to start this new path. My boyfriend, an engineer, is starting this journey with me too. He has the exact opposite problem (as he only weights 115 pounds), and wants to put on some weight. 

I'm stoked that I have support at home, and now I can have support from a community of nerds too! I'm looking to get serious about weight lifting, and hopefully end up a warrior :)

• Like 1

"I am the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved."

Level 2 Half Wood Elf | Current Challenge  #1 l  Progress Album

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Welcome to the Rebellion! We're glad to have you!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Big kid jobs are not as much fun as we thought they would be, are they? Welcome to the rebellion!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Welcome to the rebellion! Grown up jobs sound amazing; I can't wait until I have one...lol. Desk jobs definitely necessitate the need for a workout regimen. I've never felt fatter than when I worked at Blizzard.

Level 3 Half-Elf Assassin

STR= 9.5  DEX= 14  STA=4  CON=3  WIS=3  CHA=2

Current Challenge

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... you're right."  ~Henry Ford

Welcome to the rebellion! Grown up jobs sound amazing; I can't wait until I have one...lol. Desk jobs definitely necessitate the need for a workout regimen. I've never felt fatter than when I worked at Blizzard.

Well...the salary is certainly awesome, compared to waitressing part time through college. Being able to get on a normal sleep schedule is also pretty awesome...I forgot what it was like to be well rested! haha.

"I am the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved."

Level 2 Half Wood Elf | Current Challenge  #1 l  Progress Album

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3