The season is definitely turning here. It feels very autumnal all of a sudden, like someone flipped a switch and it was suddenly not summer. Autumn equinox is this month, the trees are full of berries and the leaves are starting to turn. The wood burner is getting lit in the evenings and we’re all enjoying the crisp interval of weather before storm season starts winding up again. 

due to turning my ankle well and good on the cliffs, i am still semi stuck on the sofa (insert griping here) intersperced with some limited hobbling around. so this challenge is going to be of the taking it easy physically variety. i figure i can always add more goals once the ankle is a little less ouchy.

IMG_1916.thumb.jpeg.bc6db2e2c11b74c350cc8a8085b922a8.jpeg

since im going to be stuck like this for a bit and am currently going mad with boredom (restlessness and ankle injuries do not combine well it transpires) i thought id give myself some goals to focus on.

Clear the tbr

1x book a week of the tbr shelf

this is actually going quite well so far. And it having just been stuff your e-reader day (and thus a new influx of books) i have lots to pick from. That being said, i want work through more of my book shelves of paperbacks. i keep overlooking them (and this is also a good opportunity to save some pennies towards one or two nice pieces of decor for my room)

Mandolin practice

2x a week +

mando practice is back on the books again. The music goals failed horribly last time but i want to get back into the habit of them so its a rinse and repeat till it sticks kind of situation (i figure it worked with my sleep cycle, don’t see why it cant work with this too).

Annoyingly i have managed to pull my right wrist (slight inevitable when you’re trying to overcompensate for other injuries) so flute and squeeze box are off the menu until that has sorted itself out. 

Drawing practice

2x per week

i cant hike to the cliffs but can schlep out to the garden for interesting things to sketch. Between that and the internet i figure i have plenty of material.

Appreciating the season

Get out there and generally enjoy the season turning over. Even if its just sitting in the garden with my book and cup of tea. 
there are no strict parameters for this. But I'm sure i’ll think of something. 

Witching up the wardrobe

As a cant do a full evil challenge right now i thought id just limit myself to giving my wardrobe a mix up. I feel like I'm just wearing tshirts and jeans on endless repeat. I get it, they're my comfort zone clothes wise and easy to fall back into a cycle of wearing. But i kind of feel like they’re all I'm wearing any more and i just want a change. 

So. The goals are

-go through what i have in the wardrobe and try different combos or things i haven't worn in ages. 

-add a few different options to the wardrobe. (Im thinking tops as they wont be such an issue with the loosing weight and shrinking out of things). 

- do my nails more often (just because its a fun thing enjoy and haven't done in ages) 

- try to wear things i keep saving for “best” more. What is the point of having clothes if you don't wear them? Admittedly i cant do this every day as scruffing around in the garden or on the cliffs does not combine well with fancy tops. But when possible, it is a good goal to aim for. 

Clear the room

Try to finish the room sorting

Room is looking so much better and i’ve even written a second list of smaller jobs that need done (like painting things). Some areas definitely still need doing though so 

try to put one thing in the charity box every day

its a good habit and helps keep the clutter down as well as sorting whats left in a manageable way. Very almost there with the list, just need to do the last of the boxes, the bottom shelf of the art cupboard and the desk. 

- take things to charity shop (ongoing)

-sort and organise art supplies (mostly done)

-finish sorting boxes (mostly done)

-sort top of desk

- frame and hang pictures

Continuation of good habits

- good sleep routine (10-10:30 lights out. Get up within 30 mins of waking)

- drink enough water

-stick to healthy snacks between meals

- walks 3 times a week

- 5 darebees a week (on hold until the ankle is much better) 

things i definitely need to work on right now are  *water drinking (still struggling to get this habit ingrained)

*need to try and keep a good sleep routine going. The getting up side is currently sliding towards lazing in bed again. 
* try to avoid eating due to boredom. I do not want this bad habit back. 

• Like 6

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

IMG_1923.thumb.jpeg.0ae8cb3518ec2a3c008a73c110267eca.jpeg

still working my way through drawring this months trackers. I seem to have 2 themes going somehow. not sure how that happened, All i know is some things are coming out as cacti and some are coming out as autumnal stuff. Yes i am also confused. 

this is this months mood trackers, which i am very happy with and really like how it turned out. 

Admittedly the leaves are only slowly starting to turn here right now, but I'm rather impatiently waiting for some of the cherry leaves to drop from the big tree on the lawn so i can draw them as they are always the most amazing colours. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4

All your goals sound very cosy and excellent, and I especially approving of the wardrobe witching, because I feel like it is what I should be doing, but I want to see someone else succeed at it first ?

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I love these goals for you. Here to follow along and support of course! ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

40 minutes ago, Harriet said:

All your goals sound very cosy and excellent, and I especially approving of the wardrobe witching, because I feel like it is what I should be doing, but I want to see someone else succeed at it first ?

So i am volunteer guinea pig ? ok then. Gives me an excise to use my cool black and purple sparkly nail polish at least

thanks. Goals will hopefully be fun.

37 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

love these goals for you. Here to follow along and support of course!

Thanks sov ?

• Like 3

Got some mando practice in this morning. Thought id have a go at recording myself, as its good practice for playing in front of people. Much harder than expected ? oh well, its all good practice. 
sadly cannot get anything to load to Pinterest (i suspect terrible internet connection is the culprit) or i would have subjected you all to it. 

picked out a paperback to start. 
IMG_1953.thumb.jpeg.ddbf98fc5c069f5980da89b67128e802.jpeg
one i keep picking up then never get round to starting, so hopefully 6th time will be the charm. 

Started in on the top of my desk. Lots of papers and nicknacks i need to work out if i want to keep. As usual things tend to wash up there. 

did some sketching for a few more bujo pages. Hopefully will look nice, need to find cacti images to sketch from for them. 

• Like 5

On 9/7/2024 at 7:54 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Witching up the wardrobe

As a cant do a full evil challenge right now i thought id just limit myself to giving my wardrobe a mix up. I feel like I'm just wearing tshirts and jeans on endless repeat. I get it, they're my comfort zone clothes wise and easy to fall back into a cycle of wearing. But i kind of feel like they’re all I'm wearing any more and i just want a change. 

So. The goals are

-go through what i have in the wardrobe and try different combos or things i haven't worn in ages. 

-add a few different options to the wardrobe. (Im thinking tops as they wont be such an issue with the loosing weight and shrinking out of things). 

This is soooo smart. My own re-composition has me wanting a brand new wardrobe, even while I'm still mid-journey. Also doing small additions where it makes sense. You're my hero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

7 hours ago, Laghail said:

This is soooo smart. My own re-composition has me wanting a brand new wardrobe, even while I'm still mid-journey. Also doing small additions where it makes sense. You're my hero.

As much as id like a whole new look, i have stuff in there i love and wear a lot. I also live somewhere where interesting clothes shops are few and far between, plus a new wardrobe is a) expensive and b) something i will hopefully shrink out of due to weight loss goals in the next couple of years. 
doing it this way made more sense to me ?

• Like 3

I am sorry to hear about your bum ankle (silly ankle doing silly things like getting hurt).  But it looks like your challenge is tailored for some down time which is awesome!  Following.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Focuses

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12, ,#13#14, #15#16, #17

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

2 hours ago, Sepherina said:

I am sorry to hear about your bum ankle (silly ankle doing silly things like getting hurt).  But it looks like your challenge is tailored for some down time which is awesome!  Following

Thanks. It is taking its sweet time getting better annoyingly so i thought id err on the side of having a less is more

• Like 2

IMG_1971.thumb.jpeg.b82faacfd2f4893b4c66ce6773d0207d.jpeg

Decided to have a mix up of of wardrobe options this morning and ended up in this teal jumper and a pain of chromatic glass studs (also teal) on. First time I've worn both despite buying this jumper about two years ago. Nice to have something different on. 

went for lunch with my brother and and managed to seriously over order accidentally. Food was amazing but the dish was at least twice as big as i was expecting so did the sensible thing and kept reminding myself that i do not have to finish it all. Still struggle with that one on occasion. One of those things i had drummed into me as a kid was you had to finish your plate. Still get it as a knee jerk reflex from time to time. Learning to ignore it is going well but still ongoing. 

would have gone for some sea air after lunch, but it is insanely busy out there still and the parking was a nightmare. Just Madness.  Usually the rush had quieted down a bit by now. 

Garden is very autumnal today. Chilly breeze but warm sun. Poked around and took a few pictures, but need to fit in some decent reading outside time later. The cherry tree is starting to go all the lovely red and orange colours round the edges. So I'm eagerly watching for any cool leaves to drop. 

IMG_1980.thumb.jpeg.8d1359d4e1891a56d196cd50e5acc83b.jpegIMG_1978.thumb.jpeg.53e6b7f22da5d0cb786e45e02a156aa4.jpegIMG_1975.thumb.jpeg.404c2840a799651d0104f91957ab4aea.jpegIMG_1972.thumb.jpeg.b6a05756e3ce841280de1f6b697fc551.jpeg

Trying a new weekly layout. Having a go at meshing what i liked about the boxes with the simplicity of the layout i reflex to when most tired. Left some space on the bottom to scribble cacti in. So far it is okish. Think i would divide the days differently next time. 

IMG_1981.thumb.jpeg.7c901f3807692a6894ce6eafdf480b3c.jpeg

sorted all the dinner plates today. Something I've been itching to do for ages. Put two large piles of plates that don't get used in the out box. 
Slowly working on finally sorting through many boxes of stuff that never got unpacked or sorted from the house move over 10 years ago. We have a pile of them that were evicted from the spare room after it just got painted. Sifting through it is going to be a big job so is going very slowly. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Decided to have a mix up of of wardrobe options this morning and ended up in this teal jumper and a pain of chromatic glass studs (also teal) on. First time I've worn both despite buying this jumper about two years ago. Nice to have something different on. 

Gorgeous sweater! 

went for lunch with my brother and and managed to seriously over order accidentally. Food was amazing but the dish was at least twice as big as i was expecting so did the sensible thing and kept reminding myself that i do not have to finish it all. Still struggle with that one on occasion. One of those things i had drummed into me as a kid was you had to finish your plate. Still get it as a knee jerk reflex from time to time. Learning to ignore it is going well but still ongoing. 

Big mood. Is it a sorta good thing in disguise to wind up with a huge plate every now and then, just a chance to practice new scripts around satiation?

would have gone for some sea air after lunch, but it is insanely busy out there still and the parking was a nightmare. Just Madness.  Usually the rush had quieted down a bit by now. 

No, your sea is not to be trusted. It tried to break your leg and it's still choked with tourists. 0/5 stars.

Garden is very autumnal today. Chilly breeze but warm sun. Poked around and took a few pictures, but need to fit in some decent reading outside time later. The cherry tree is starting to go all the lovely red and orange colours round the edges. So I'm eagerly watching for any cool leaves to drop. 

Plz keep us posted on the cherry tree color changes??

sorted all the dinner plates today. Something I've been itching to do for ages. Put two large piles of plates that don't get used in the out box. 
Slowly working on finally sorting through many boxes of stuff that never got unpacked or sorted from the house move over 10 years ago. We have a pile of them that were evicted from the spare room after it just got painted. Sifting through it is going to be a big job so is going very slowly. 

You're kinda killing it lately. Damn.

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

11 minutes ago, Laghail said:

it a sorta good thing in disguise to wind up with a huge plate every now and then, just a chance to practice new scripts around satiation?

I suppose so. Better way to think about it i guess. 

11 minutes ago, Laghail said:

You're kinda killing it lately. Damn.

It is ongoing. Just want to get my room sorting done really. Will be so good when its finished. 

13 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Plz keep us posted on the cherry tree color changes??

IMG_2008.thumb.jpeg.ef1a8201c3ba88beed368f59400c6707.jpegIMG_2011.thumb.jpeg.f15c917cd280dbd199a9e8755b1dda9f.jpegIMG_2010.thumb.jpeg.44b5270fcdef43a6b301f50f830788fd.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 2

Hobbled my way round a nice garden centre today. Was here to do bulb shopping as it is currently the season they are available here. There were 2 walls of just bulbs. So hard to choose, So many daffodils and tulips and lots of other things too. Got lots of dwarf narcissus varieties for the front bed, some grape hyacinth, crocus and some snakes head fritillary. Going to be such nice spring colour. Plus a little for the autumn as i found some autumn flowering crocuses too. 

they had so many lovely houseplants. I am seriously considering getting something like a calathea or a maidens hair fern for my bedroom. 

IMG_20240910_103551_845.thumb.jpeg.5705a4323a406b28e9cee4018f9a91f1.jpegIMG_20240910_103558_668.thumb.jpeg.c65e0563aa1a14715dc34804141738d7.jpegIMG_20240910_102712_405.thumb.jpeg.b969b870e840f6565ec911036da6abb9.jpegIMG_20240910_094014_542.thumb.jpeg.6683d2af9536daee1094b404d1ea457f.jpeg

just had to photograph these leaves in the drive. They were so lovely and autumnal looking. Wind is really blustery today so everything is blowing around a lot. 

• Like 2

Went for tea with my mother, we got caught in a rain shower half way through drinking it so huddled under an umbrella finishing our tea. 

got some mandolin in. Noodled my way through cordal jig and mist covered mountains. Did some more to the bujo pages (which i am counting as sketching due to it being from a source photo as i wanted to try drawing orchid cacti. The flowers are okish. Some are better than others, but it is a process. Think more guide lines would have been better as i was giving sketching them strait in the ink a bash. 

IMG_2037.thumb.jpeg.81528f02c278852c2a310551eea0a996.jpeg

ankle is doing much better. Thankfully didnt feel like agony after walking round the garden centre, inspite of it aching a bit at the time. So week 3 of being stuck on the sofa is going well. Hoping it sorts itself out enough by next week that i walk on it more as a cousin is coming down for week long  vuisit and is very keen on going sea swimming????

• Like 5

Hi, fellow West-Marches Campaign member!

Love how you tailored these goals to your mobility -- I hope they support you as you heal. 

?

• That's Metal 1

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

On 9/9/2024 at 1:25 PM, Sea-to-sky said:

So pretty. Love sunflowers, theyre such a cheerful flower

Lies, sunflowers are horny horny horny flowers. My entire work station is now covered in flower spunk from the sexual predator flowers!

On 9/10/2024 at 8:10 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

they had so many lovely houseplants. I am seriously considering getting something like a calathea or a maidens hair fern for my bedroom. 

If you do, we want to help name them!

On 9/10/2024 at 8:10 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

just had to photograph these leaves in the drive. They were so lovely and autumnal looking. Wind is really blustery today so everything is blowing around a lot. 

You have such a great eye for composition.

11 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Went for tea with my mother, we got caught in a rain shower half way through drinking it so huddled under an umbrella finishing our tea. 

Kinda autumnal as hell.

got some mandolin in. Noodled my way through cordal jig and mist covered mountains. Did some more to the bujo pages (which i am counting as sketching due to it being from a source photo as i wanted to try drawing orchid cacti. The flowers are okish. Some are better than others, but it is a process. Think more guide lines would have been better as i was giving sketching them strait in the ink a bash. 

Sounds like just a lovely day all around! 

ankle is doing much better. Thankfully didnt feel like agony after walking round the garden centre, inspite of it aching a bit at the time. So week 3 of being stuck on the sofa is going well. Hoping it sorts itself out enough by next week that i walk on it more as a cousin is coming down for week long  vuisit and is very keen on going sea swimming????

You got this, bodies take their time healing!

• That's Metal 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

12 hours ago, Heidi said:

Hi, fellow West-Marches Campaign member!

Love how you tailored these goals to your mobility -- I hope they support you as you heal. 

Hi! Yes, everything is a bit up in the air this month. Usually i would be doing more walking and swimming and outdoorsing. Sadly this month is a bit all over the place. Welcome to the chaos

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Laghail said:

Lies, sunflowers are horny horny horny flowers. My entire work station is now covered in flower spunk from the sexual predator flowers!

You cant be horny and cheerful?. They kind of go together in my opinion ?

If you do, we want to help name them!

Not much of a plant naming person. I chat to them alot (the cacti are good listeners. They also have an excellent disapproving glower going when i dont water them enough)

You have such a great eye for composition.

Learnt from the best. My mother is photography mad. Grew up being taught how to do exposures on an old cannon. We had a dark room and  The smell of toner coupled with a dark red light is deeply nostalgic for me. 

You got this, bodies take their time healing

It is driving me nuts. Slipped slightly putting something on the table last night and my foot landed slightly badly, so now it is twinging uncomfortably again. 
Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF

My cousin is coming down this week, so need to remember not to overdo it. 

• Like 2