Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Hello you gorgeous little cutie you! I could just hug you and hug you and never let you go!

...sorry, I was distracted by the cat in your picture. Hello, robozebra.

It would appear that the cat is on to you....

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I think I'm just jealous that everyone has better pants, so I want in them all :tongue:

Coopting this into a pickup line... 

"Your pants are better than mine, I'd love to get into them."

• Like 1

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

Hey guys! I'm kinda just jumpin into the conversation here, but I'm another gay NFer. I haven't quite gone through this thread yet, but I'll read at least the last few pages to get up to speed, but I just wanted to introduce myself. So, hey y'all!

CoPo

Level 2 Amazon Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 2

Aw man. You mean you haven't sacrificed the chicken and sworn allegiance to the Holy Space Goat yet? You'd better go do that now before His Hornedness notices...

...I knew I'd forgotten to do something.

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

...I knew I'd forgotten to do something.

They put the instructions for it on page 5. Intentional Misdirection. 

Ignorance is the bane of society.

Too True.

Hello everyone, Bi Kinky Polyamorist checking in. Good to see I'm not alone.

My two cents (in response to Robozebra) is that men in our society are trained from birth to believe that women are effectively accessories, awarded to us for just existing (http://www.cracked.com/article_19785_5-ways-modern-men-are-trained-to-hate-women.html) and women are taught that they exist for men (see most disney movies). We are taught that the asshat anti-hero actually has a heart of gold, just waiting for the right woman to unlock it, only to be surprised when the real world fails to live up to this myth.

The inverse is also true: If the mean ones are good, then the nice ones are evil, thus we are told that a guy doing something nice must have an ulterior motive.

Unfortunately, you're right with the 'People are generally shitty sometimes' statement, of all genders. I've done the same: nice conversation only to find that it was seen as flirting (and on the other end of the scale: flirting only to have it seem like a nice, average conversation).

• Like 2

Conaire

Level 0 Human, soon to be Assassin 

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Too True.

Seems we are cut from the same cloth.  Welcome!

• Like 1

So when people are talking about DOMS, I'm not the only one giggling? Good to know.

You are not the only one. Hi :-)

Hey guys! I'm kinda just jumpin into the conversation here, but I'm another gay NFer. I haven't quite gone through this thread yet, but I'll read at least the last few pages to get up to speed, but I just wanted to introduce myself. So, hey y'all!

Welcome :-)  No problems with just jumping in.  We don't assign homework.

Aromantic asexual lady checking in here for the first time to say hey!

My two cents on the current discussion: I think, at least in Western culture (or at least in America, I can't speak for anywhere else), there's a belief that women are just "supposed" to be nice and friendly while men are "supposed" to be closed off and distant. So if a women is really nice she's just doing what ladies do while if a guy is really nice he must have some kind of ulterior motive or whatever. Also people are just generally shitty for no reason sometimes. To be fair, women do get this to an extant, I have certainly had lovely and in my mind innocent conversations with people only to later be told how flirtatious I was being or something dumb like that, but I am sure men get it much more. And that also might just be my own complete ignorance on any kind of romantic/sexual interactions so I don't realize when things go from friendly to something else. *sigh* I just think people make interactions overly complicated sometimes, especially between people of different genders.

Heh, yep I've had the same thing happen.  Friend: "He was flirting with you."  Me: "Nah, we were just chatting."  Everyone else: "No."

Guys in particular seem to get more actively offended and offensive at the prospect of another guy not wanting sex, though this is just an impression I got from reading comments from Ace guys.  Women just get written off as frigid (still bloody annoying).  Huh, I wonder if anyone's collected data on this.

Too True.

The inverse is also true: If the mean ones are good, then the nice ones are evil, thus we are told that a guy doing something nice must have an ulterior motive.

Welcome and cheers. 

• Like 2

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Guys in particular seem to get more actively offended and offensive at the prospect of another guy not wanting sex, though this is just an impression I got from reading comments from Ace guys.  Women just get written off as frigid (still bloody annoying).  Huh, I wonder if anyone's collected data on this.

I get that all the darn time. It is a mystery to people how a guy cannot be thinking of sex 24-7. That or they don't buy it and assume every action you perform must have the agenda of getting somone in bed. I have better things to do with my time, like writing. If anyone really wants to know most of my time is spent reflecting on myself and working on writing. Any guy that wants to waste there time thinking about sex constantly probably isn't getting it all that much or is over compensating for somethng.

• Like 1

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Well, that makes three of us. 

Four

And I was blaming the fact that I am not a native speaker....

• Like 1

Tkal, level 8 Dwarf assassin playing with the monks

STR 13.5 | DEX 19.25 | STA 16 | CON 18.75 | WIS 18 | CHA 14.5

My walls (aka: random log) | Intro | Challenge 1 with tracker | Aborted Challenge 2 | "Real" challenge 2 | Challenge 3
Challenge 4 | (never started)Challenge 5 | (super short) Challenge 5 | (third is a charm) Challenge 5 | Challenge 6
Challenge 7 | Challenge 8

"Patience you must learn"

I'm on the mobile site and I can't figure out how to quote a post here so I'll just do this (also if there are any random words that don't make sense blame autocorrect):

Teirin - "Guys in particular seem to get more actively offended and offensive at the prospect of another guy not wanting sex, though this is just an impression I got from reading comments from Ace guys. Women just get written off as frigid (still bloody annoying). Huh, I wonder if anyone's collected data on this."

I think that's partly true. Again, all of my evidence is anecdotal, but it seems to me it's more that white women get written off as frigid (I agree still annoying) while women of color (especially black or Latina women) get more of the indignant anger reaction. It's this idea that women of color are meant to be constantly sexually available. I'm a white woman myself so I'm talking about stuff I don't experience and I'm not trying to speak for anybody or anything, but that's the impression I've gotten.

Current challenge: Respawn Time!

Four

And I was blaming the fact that I am not a native speaker....

Five...

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hola.

I'm new here, just started my first challenge and I am a lesbian. I even have a cat to prove it.

There is so much stuff here I don't understand, I didn't even think about DOMS. What is that?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. (DOMS)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_onset_muscle_soreness

- or -

for those in the kink community "Dom*(s)" is a shorthand for the Dominant partner(s) in a Domination / Submission, scene, lifestyle preference or relationship.

So for those kink-friendly nerd-fitness participants, People talking about having to deal with a particulary painfull DOMS make us giggle a little.

• Like 2

Five...

FIVE **GLORIOUS** KINK friendly Nerd Firness Rebel Army Members! Ahh .. Ahh...  Ahh!

1778314.png

• Like 1

The Count just scared the crap out of me and I don't know why. o_O

(edited bc I forgot how to form a sentence)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi