Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd Fitness Ugly Sweater Holiday Contest!

Seasons greetings nerds and nerdettes! Tis the season of cookies and cakes and...wait, no, that’s not right.

Tis the season for workouts and activities!

Here is what I propose. Everybody loves ugly sweaters. They are a hit at holiday parties, around the office, and out on the town. They are also amazing during workouts! Want to run in elf slippers? Excellent! Want to deadlift your Festivus Pole? Sweet? Kettlebell swings with a pound cake (see what I did there)? Now you're talkin! How about some handstands in a dinosaur holiday sweater? Even better!

Here is the contest:

• Post pictures or videos of you doing your workout in an ugly sweater, ugly holiday get up, or some other fun holiday getup.

• Submit them by 11:59pm (Central Standard Time) Dec 28th, 2013. This thread will be locked at that time.

• We’ll choose 5 of the best and put them up for a poll on Dec 30th.

• Winners will be announced on Jan. 6th

So what’s the prize? You’ll get an NF shirt that never goes out of style to replace that ugly sweater.

Rules:

• Post all pictures, links to youtube videos, photo collages, to this thread.

• Get creative with your workouts and your attire. Not limited to ugly sweaters but it has to be holiday themed.

• You MUST be working out in some manner or doing some physical activity. Running, yoga, lifting, hiking, etc.

• One entry per person. No multiples.

Happy holidays Rebels!

-BigM

• Like 2

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

OH! All holiday stuff I have is adorable haha (at least I think so) I will totally kill this! I'm sure my dad has something in a cupboard somewhere...

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Vella- Mix it with Parkour and just get a pic or security footage of climbing a big holiday tree/display. That will also count for Mini Chanllege #3. ;)

^this is acceptable. Also get get footage of the arrest, and court date as well :) 

• Like 2

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

This is my jam. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On exchange right now, so I don't have any Christmas stuff with me ... I don't tend to collect much Christmas attire anyway.

And you guys, I have enough ideas that might get me arrested without any help, thanks muchly :P 

Though there is that massive tree in the courtyard of the College....  And I have a friend who might be willing to film...

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Short shorts and sweater coming out.

• Like 2

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

Hmm... I have only a couple of things, but I'll make it work!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Perhaps we could revisit this idea on January 21st with a slightly different piece of clothing?

I just read on that date it's the "International Sweatpantsday" xD

Viking  Warrior Level 5

STR: 7.5 | DEX: 11 | STA: 12 | CON: 12 | WIS: 12 | CHA: 9

Interested what the ladies are going to do....this could down right naughty

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

Interested what the ladies are going to do....this could down right naughty

Sorry double post