Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow nerds!

I just found this sight today while looking up stir fry of all things and I've been reading through it and clicking on links and generally using up my day with it. I haven't really picked a race yet and I'm not a hundred percent set on a goal profession either. My d&d characters always lean towards rogues (what's more fun than stealthing in plain sight and sneak attacks) but as a rugby forward I feel like I should lean towards a warrior or such. Basically, although I do play rugby and I stay active I would love to be more in shape and just generally more comfortable with my body. Coming back from winter break I find myself having a harder time getting into my jeans and I've lost a lot of confidence in the whole area of girls after a couple recent incidents. Although I don't think those had anything to do with my body, I have never been incredibly confident with my body. I would love to reduce my body fat while keeping up and building on my muscles. I have been dealing with neck, shoulder and knee injuries from rugby and water polo and that has set me back a lot but I want to stay motivated and stop using those as an excuse. I'm hoping that with support from this lovely community I've just found and the motivation I'm hoping I can keep strong in myself I can reach my goals.

Now to be specific because being vague won't help me reach these goals:

I want to lose the muffin top

I want to get a flat stomach

I want to build my muscle on my off days from rugby practice - work out at least 3 other days a week

I want to be able to out race my friend Laura at sprints, maybe even longer distance

I want to rebuild the muscle in my shoulders and back so I can go back to doing 14 pull ups- my personal best from when I use to be a swimmer

I think that's petty good for now.

like I said I'm going to start working out more, using the simpler work out style of free weights, squats, etc and I'm going to start doing more paleo diet. I don't think I'm going to dive straight into it but I will start restricting my processed foods and eating more vegetables.

I hope this wasn't too boring to everyone, I think it is just really good for me to write it all out. I need to keep myself accountable.

But if whoever ends up reading this is interested. Like I said I play rugby. I'm a third year in college, 20years old. I'm a math, technical theater double major. I work in the theater shop so I build sets and I recently started painting, I now run our paint shop. My nerdy ness covers many areas. I love books, sci if, video games (man do I love video games) and I am a huge d&d fan, I'm currently in a pathfinder campaign as a shadow dancer rogue halfling. I'm also going to join another game in a 3.5 campaign but I haven't created a character yet. If anyone wants to talk d&d I'm always down. Any suggestions for my new character are appreciated. I can't be a magic user and although I don't have to be a rogue my backstory has to give me reason to have trap finding and disable device (I'll be filling a whole when 2characters leave) I haven't played a 3.5 game in forever so I don't remember all the rules and what not. I was looking a little at scout. Anyway, I haven't been here super long so I hope I haven't strayed too far from what I was supposed to be doing on this post.

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion, RugbyRogue!

Your goals are good, albeit ambitious. Training both strength and speed is possible but tricky from what I've heard. Your diet wil take care of the muffin top and flatten your stomach. As for exercises, check out the training forums for tips and advice. You'll find plenty of knowledgeable people there.

Taking it slow is the way to go!

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome to the Rebellion, fellow rugger!  Rugby keeps you in shape for rugby, but it doesn't make you look good naked ;-).  Especially, with all the beer which makes others look good naked. 

Anyway, there is a new 6 week challenge starting on the 24th.  You should join up and commit to some short term goals.  It is the best way to get to those long term goals you have!

Good luck!

• Like 1

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Welcome to the rebellion! I'd say your goals are a bit better than 'pretty good', good luck!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda