Forums are back in action! ×

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was also consoled by the thought that I had the best ass they saw all day.

If we have nothing else, we have our sense of humour to see us through some situations. Glad you can keep yours wrapped around you. :P

One day... one day I'm going to be able to try these "tacos" you all keep talking about.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

7 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

If we have nothing else, we have our sense of humour to see us through some situations. Glad you can keep yours wrapped around you. :P

One day... one day I'm going to be able to try these "tacos" you all keep talking about.

You have no idea, it will change your life.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3/4/17 Saturday

This was the day I slept. I took Slothboy to dance class where I learned a boy ballerina is called a ballerano. It was observation day, I'm not qualified to report on his dancing, but he and one girl were the only ones who consistently listened to the teacher and followed directions. It was hard not to step in and instill order.

When I got home I had a large coffee while waiting for Mrs Sloth to finish something so I could work on the electricals. It put me right to sleep. I woke up several hours later when my dad knocked on the door to babysit.

We went to a fundraiser at the kid's circus school. It's always amazing to see what the kids can do. We then went out for sushi. I had a spicy girl roll (because I liked the name) but it wasn't. Finally we went to a play at the nearest university because a friend was involved in the production. It was some sort of social commentary. It was a busy night.

Training: no, I slept.

Eating: no, margarita at gala, beer at restaurant, cookies at intermission. :(

Spending: accts balanced. Spending was off the chain. I spent a lot at hardware store - I stuck to list, but I shop local instead of big box. Dropped money at fundraiser and play. I'll likely have to dip into savings before the next payday.

• Like 10

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I read that as "balleroo" and thought of underoos.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

On 3/3/2017 at 8:09 AM, The Most Loathed said:

Good luck with the probe today. 

On 3/3/2017 at 9:00 AM, peelout said:

And may the Force be gentle.

[slaps both hands over mouth, falls to ground choking with laughter]

On 3/3/2017 at 7:01 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was also consoled by the thought that I had the best ass they saw all day.

suddenly bitterly jealous of your medical technician ;)

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Grats on the successful probe!!  I had one a good few years ago and my recovery was definitely not as successful.  Apple juice and projectile vomiting were present.  No street tacos.  It sucked out loud. I also woke up midway through the procedure and they needed to sedate me more. 0/10 would not recommend. 

Ballerano sounds delightfully Spanish!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

All this talk of anal probes and I was just wondering how you were posting to NF after being abducted by aliens.

On 3/1/2017 at 3:11 PM, The Most Loathed said:

Want to go for a run this weekend?

I've never met @EricMN but is he close enough to come to town for a group run?

On 3/1/2017 at 3:32 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

That's a great idea, that'll keep me accountable for sure. I'm having an anal probe on Friday. I don't know what the recovery is like, but I don't think I'll be running this weekend. Next Sunday should be clear. Just so you know, I'm not anywhere near actual running shape. More of a shuffle, shuffle, stop, gasp, shuffle, shuffle right now.

EricMN is in Apple Valley I believe.

I'm in Apple Valley. Let me know if y'all are doing a weekend run. I won't be offended when you all stop waiting for me and just take off running.

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

On March 3, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Elastigirl said:

I find it rather ironic that Tank talks about how  you would be worthy of saving, and I said  something along the lines of "Yep, you're doomed ":lol:

Realist vs. optimist.

On March 3, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Marauder said:

2e5d306c2957690eb667b9c9b7a0346e.jpg

Not an accidental post. ;) 

Lol. 

On March 4, 2017 at 1:03 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

If we have nothing else, we have our sense of humour to see us through some situations. Glad you can keep yours wrapped around you.

On March 4, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You have no idea, it will change your life.

Tank said it best. 

On March 4, 2017 at 2:45 PM, maegs said:

ar3X6.gif

hope you're doing alright today, medically-induced dysentry sounds like no fun!

The amazing thing was how well they had it all timed.  My last bout was right before I went into the office and then it was done.  After that I was fine, but very tired. 

On March 5, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Big_Show said:

I read that as "balleroo" and thought of underoos.

Balleroo.  I like that. 

7 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

[slaps both hands over mouth, falls to ground choking with laughter]

suddenly bitterly jealous of your medical technician ;)

True story.  The wife of Mrs. sloth's friend worked with a gastro.  One of her duties was to lift the butt cheek to make room for the probe. Apparently old men are easy to work with. 

7 hours ago, shaar said:

Grats on the successful probe!!  I had one a good few years ago and my recovery was definitely not as successful.  Apple juice and projectile vomiting were present.  No street tacos.  It sucked out loud. I also woke up midway through the procedure and they needed to sedate me more. 0/10 would not recommend. 

Ballerano sounds delightfully Spanish!

The way the instructor said it, there must be a squiggly line over the N.  

Ugh. Sounds terrible.  All my projectile vomiting was the night before. I concur 0/10. 

6 hours ago, EricMN said:

All this talk of anal probes and I was just wondering how you were posting to NF after being abducted by aliens.

I'm in Apple Valley. Let me know if y'all are doing a weekend run. I won't be offended when you all stop waiting for me and just take off running.

The mother ship has great wi-fi.

I guess we're on for Sunday. We haven't figured out any details yet. I haven't run since the last Hammer Race. So it might end up being a nice slow walk along the creek.  Maybe we can stop for ice cream. 

• Like 5

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

3/5/17 Sunday

Still tired. I did a bit of the home projects I slept through on Saturday, but everything took much longer than intended.  I was going to attempt a run after the kids went to bed, but Mrs. Sloth went to the late movie. I rode the trainer just enough to remind my legs what it was.

Training: sort of.

Eating: on point.

Spending: Accts not balanced. Had to shell out for a field trip.

• Like 6

3/6/17 Monday

Sunday night Slothboy got sick again.  He threw up on his sheets twice.  In between doing laundry in the middle of the night and my "I'm not getting enough exercise"-induced insomnia I got zero hours of sleep.  It was a rocky day. He seems to be okay again though. 

Training: One round shovelglove at 12#. Tried one set of hang cleans & press with 50# sandbag.  Back seemed okay.. Sledge felt light, which is good because the head was loose and I'll have to use the 16# next time. 

Eating: No.  In all the hubbub I forgot to pack lunch.  Bought a subway.  Although I still haven't definitely decided that wheat is a problem. 

Spending: no new spending, accts aren't balanced. 

• Like 7

Oh my god the broom! Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On March 6, 2017 at 7:33 PM, Xena said:

So impressed you guys are going running/shuffling/zombie-hunting together! Great way to kick off hammer race training!

Don't be impressed until it actually happens. 

13 hours ago, Bearlee said:

Ha! Love the video. Let us know if you do this experiment. Will the Sloth kids have to follow the dog to make sure the dog follows you?

Trail dogs aren't a thing here.  Most of our trails are too congested. Little dog in a sweater would get worn out fast like the Boston Terrier assuming it didn't run off and get lost first. 

46 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Oh my god the broom! Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKR, I died watching that. 

• Like 2

3-7-17 Tuesday

i don't recall if it was a good day.  It was a very sleepy day as I continued to recover from the night without sleep. 

Training: 45 minutes on the trainer (m.e.d.).

Eating: on point.  I seem to have settled at 171# for a loss of 5 or 6 pounds. If I Was doing this for weight loss I'd be very disappointed. 

Spending: Bought some groceries and Popsicle sticks and rubber bands for a school project. It's amazing how many Popsicle sticks I go through in a year. Accts balanced. 

It occured to me that they should have a sad food aisle at the grocery store - it could have rice cakes, gluten free bread, sugar-free candy, decaf coffee.

3-8-17 Wednesday 

It was a good day again.  School, in general, is a pile of shit.  The student's behavior has gotten worse as we've finally started to knuckle down (it always gets worse before it gets better), it's budget time and lots of folks have been warned that they'll be laid off (4th year in a row I'll have a new math teacher neighbor), teachers and the union are warring with administration over the lack of a school behavior plan or procedures. My own personal headspace and classroom have gotten better though. I've been or working on letting go of the stuff I have no control over and trying to do a better job with the stuff I do. 

Training: 3 rounds of Shovelglove at 16#. It felt good at the time, but my back is tight now.  I might go back to the 12# next time. 

Eating: on point

Spending: no new spending. Accts balanced. 

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I've been or working on letting go of the stuff I have no control over and trying to do a better job with the stuff I do. 

So much of life gets better the more you master this skill.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

43 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It occured to me that they should have a sad food aisle at the grocery store - it could have rice cakes, gluten free bread, sugar-free candy, decaf coffee.

1 minute ago, Xena said:

canned peas

low salt tomato juice

dehydrated water

• Like 5

Current Challenge

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It was a good day again.  School, in general, is a pile of shit.  The student's behavior has gotten worse as we've finally started to knuckle down (it always gets worse before it gets better), it's budget time and lots of folks have been warned that they'll be laid off (4th year in a row I'll have a new math teacher neighbor), teachers and the union are warring with administration over the lack of a school behavior plan or procedures. My own personal head space and classroom have gotten better though. I've been or working on letting go of the stuff I have no control over and trying to do a better job with the stuff I do. 

Hat's off to you! You are making the best of the situation your finding yourself in.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

My own personal headspace and classroom have gotten better though. I've been or working on letting go of the stuff I have no control over and trying to do a better job with the stuff I do. 

The rest of your school should follow the Way of the Sloth.

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42